The It Sucks Thread

Anyone want to start an outside website airing our grievances and listing a what-cha-ma-call-it, that thing with the signatures to say you support a position and won't buy the game for two weeks (or longer, just to scare them)? Co-ordinated efforts can be formidable. I'll help as I can.

Piracy gets you nowhere, in fact it lessens your impact on the market, meaning that in the future to get the big bucks LA will push the Xbox version first. So if you want to be cheap, immoral, and just plain criminal, go right ahead.

Also, remember that the game was slated to come out on both consoles in Feb, but the Xbox version got pushed forward. The Xbox version is AHEAD of schedule, the PC version is ON schedule, so either way, the game would of been coming out in Feb for the PC, no matter what, unless LA tried to push them both, which they probally couldn't do.

Piracy gets you nowhere, in fact it lessens your impact on the market, meaning that in the future to get the big bucks LA will push the Xbox version first. So if you want to be cheap, immoral, and just plain criminal, go right ahead.

Also, remember that the game was slated to come out on both consoles in Feb, but the Xbox version got pushed forward. The Xbox version is AHEAD of schedule, the PC version is ON schedule, so either way, the game would of been coming out in Feb for the PC, no matter what, unless LA tried to push them both, which they probally couldn't do.

Then the X Box should have waited til Feb 05, so they could keep their word instead of pissing on the PC gamers yet again.

It is interesting that today, I have NEVER before seen so many green names in the user section. No one is replying however. Which is precisely what I suspected. Obsidian is not to blame, it's the corporate power game. However it would be wise for them not to post for the meantime, otherwise they would risk starting an inferno.

Then the X Box should have waited til Feb 05, so they could keep their word instead of pissing on the PC gamers yet again.

They aren't "pissing" on anybody. I'm trying to say that L.A. was going to push the release on both consoles to December, but they just couldn't do it, and went with the Xbox. You make it sound like they said, "Screw the PC gamers, muhahahaha!"

I truely doubt that, LA wants to make money, and releasing both in December would of made them big time bucks, but if you don't have the resources, you have to make a choice, and their choice was the Xbox. They know that people will buy it on the Xbox during the Christmas season, they know that it will make them probally more money then the PC release. Can you really blame the guys for trying to run a company and trying to make a profit?

Like I said, I wish they could of brought both out at the same time, but if you don't have the resources to do both, you go with the one that makes you the most money.

And the money maker is the, unfortunately for the PCers, the Xbox.

I understand that, Hades. However, this is Obsidian's boards, and as I stated in the first post, insulting companies will not be tolerated, not even in this thread.

Saying you're upset and why is fine, but it does not have to and will not be allowed to degenerate into insults.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

I think the decision to have the Xbox version for a holiday release makes perfect sense. not only it will sell more, it also avoids having to go head to head on the market with Jade Empire, which is also slated for a Q1 release 2005 and both games are competing for the same group of buyers. Wait ... doesn't that count as a reason to blame bioware? :D

I think the thing I'm most upset about is that LucasArts' decision has made me agree with everything Hades_One has stated on the topic.

And quite frankly, that's just against my nature to agree with anything Hades says. :wacko:

But in all seriousness, as has been said, it's not about the release date being 2 months later. It's about the fact that EVERYTHING that's been said, previewed, answered in interviews, etc. said that there would be a simultaneous release. No, the extra 2 months won't kill me, and the time itself is of very little consequence. It's the fact I feel like I was lied to while they were busy hyping up the game.

It also makes it sound like the XBox version was more important to them. Even the press release by Mike Gallo made it seem like that. Instead of him saying "We're happy that we're able to launch the XBox version by December, we're extremely disappointed that because of the production schedule, we won't be able to launch the PC title simultaneously as we'd wanted." If he said something like that, atleast it'd seem like they're acknowledging the PC fans, rather than his "Everything is perfect because we can release the XBox version in december!!!!!! oh, as a side note, the PC one should be out in feb".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

What Darque said

Its only a for 2 months, I don't really see what the big deal is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a little dissapointed too, but its nothing really to cry about.

Just take a deep breath, forget about Revan and Sion and KoTOR2 for awhile, and pretty soon it'll be here.

Why don't we all play Torment again! Awesome game however, whenever you play it.