The It Sucks Thread

Well, back on topic...

I don't suppose since the PC version will be delayed now, the powers that be would now reconsider additional content for the PC folks ?

lol! :lol::lol::lol: Like they care that much about us PC users!

sorry darth somethingorother but im afraid i will have to disagree with you for once....im sure they do care its just they dont care THAT much....but pc usually has better extra content than xbox.....like a few days ago i borrowed my friends version of jedi academy cos he told me you could make any character/vehicle/thing you wanted!!!! how cool is that?!?!?!?!?!?!

That's what I said THAT much, wasn't it? anyhoo- can u really do that on JA, how, I'd virtually given that up as dead! I still don't think there'll be extra content. They never said there would be any, and I don't see them changing thier minds. Tho, iut would b nice to have an extra ending, just for us. U know there was an unnoficial one for KOTOR?

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

Topic pruned.

Please keep any EU, Ep 1 and 2, JA, etc. discussions in the Off Topic forum, and not in this or any other established thread that does not deal with that subject.

And Drakron is correct, I should have stated that K2 will be a PC and X-Box release only. My apologies.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

This thread has a purpose, and it is our only method of voiceing out opinion on this subject.

It has to remain, it has to stay constructive and civil, so valid comments may reach Obsidian and be passed to LucasArts. This is for all us PC gamers and European Xbox'ers out there. So please keep it civil. I know Adria is not the bad guy here, but she has enough on her hands right now.

Anyway: As I have already stated, if Obsidian have indeed been at work on the Xbox version longer than the PC version, then they should have said it from the start, instead of stating "simultanious release" up until this week.

The wait is bearable: What is really upsetting is the fact that we were lied to. I hope Obsidian stands up to LucasArts on this, as it will hurt Obsidian's credibility considerably.

so....errmm...........anyway if teh pc version is being released later than the xbox version then that means  it has to be alot better right?

I ******g well hope so. I think we've been treated really badly in this. There should be laws against this kind of thing.

EDIT; HEADS UP, THERES A POST ON LUCASARTS FORUMS ABOUT A PETITION FOR CHANGING THE RELEASE DATES

well still atleast its good news to xbox gamers......it is still really bad about what happened but if they were both released in february then that would mean five months of waiting for both gamers....so atleast one of them gets an early release....although it would be even better if both were released on the same date...and they still may change their minds so never give up hope! :D

Well I think that the PC version most likely will be some crappy console port.

What irks me even more then the fact that LA has been misleading us from the start is the fact that even when the PC version releases it probably won't release simultaneously in Europe and the US, so I think the release dates we're looking at here are probably something like this PC release US, Feb 2005, International somewhere between March and May 2005 depending on country of residence.

Also the fact that there will be no additional content for the PC really does make the PC release feel like some cheap leftover.

I'm feeling very tempted right now to try and see if I can't bring up charges of misleading, commercial advertising with intent to deceive before the Court of Justice of the European Communities against Lucas Arts Europe.

What irks me even more then the fact that LA has been misleading us from the start is the fact that even when the PC version releases it probably won't release simultaneously in Europe and the US, so I think the release dates we're looking at here are probably something like this PC release US, Feb 2005, International somewhere between March and May 2005 depending on country of residence.

Also the fact that there will be no additional content for the PC really does make the PC release feel like some cheap leftover.

I'm feeling very tempted right now to try and see if I can't bring up charges of misleading, commercial advertising with intent to deceive before the  Court of Justice of the European Communities against Lucas Arts Europe.

God only knows why i'm trusting them, but they do say that Feb is the international release date. As for the last para, you got my support

I'm feeling very tempted right now to try and see if I can't bring up charges of misleading, commercial advertising with intent to deceive before the  Court of Justice of the European Communities against Lucas Arts Europe.

I also have to disagree with the idea of it being a "crappy Console port" they wouldn't risk that, and don't forget they (that's u DEVS) will have extra time to make the PC version even better, like it was with KOTOR. Don't let us down devs, please!

I also have to disagree with the idea of it being a "crappy Console port" they wouldn't risk that, and don't forget they (that's u DEVS) will have extra time to make the PC version even better, like it was with KOTOR. Don't let us down devs, please!

With all due respect I have to say I don't share your optimism and I don't think the Developers are going to spend the extra time they have making a nice GUI and inventory system for the PC version, which aside from supporting high-res PC graphics would be the thing that'll be IMO most needed not to make the PC version play and feel like some cheap console port.

With all due respect I have to say I don't share your optimism and I don't think the Developers are going to spend the extra time they have making a nice GUI and inventory system for the PC version, which aside from supporting high-res PC graphics would be the thing that'll be IMO most needed not to make the PC version play and feel like some cheap console port.

All well and good saying that, but what did they do last time when they were released 2 months apart... a nice new made 4 PC interface. I'm not talking about totally changing the inventory system or game engine or anything silly like that, I'm just hoping that they put more effort into it that simply porting it. They already had a mountain to climb to impress PC gamers, now they have an even bigger one.

P.S. It would be really good to get a Dev posting on here <hint, Hint> just to give ur side? EDIT; sorry Akari, turns out u did, but why not throw fuel on the fire? What PC gamers want to know most right now is that u Devs still remember us, and that u will still b working up till Feb to make the PC version more than just a port.

Well, I'll be waiting for $10- internet bargain bin prices. That'll be a 2-4 weeks extra wait after the PC release date, but it'll by my own little way of telling LA I'm royally pissed off. I really do hope that this doesn't affect Bio Jr., as Bog only knows why, I still like them.....but that's my intended course of action as of now. :angry:

Also, anyone who would like to send torrents of letters to me, I'll do my best to send a compilation of them to Lucasarts.

PM me for my address, as it's probably not wise to post it in the open forum.

I would just like to know why the European Xbox owners are getting the game in febuary aswell as the PC owners, but US Xbox owners are getting it 2 months earlier!? WTF is that all about? Are the European market not as important as the US market? Or is it some technicallity I'm not aware of? Please someone enlighten me because I would love to know, but I can't help thinking its the former <_<

Topic pruned.

I know of two things concerning international release, but I have no idea of timetables on them, so if someone else knows, I'd very much like to see it posted.

1. Conversion from NTSC to PAL. Again, I have no idea what this entails, but I do know that the PAL version of KoTOR had some very bizarre bugs in it that the NTSC version never saw.

2. Video Game Ratings for various countries. Germany, for example, has very strict rating guidelines for games released in their country, and extensively review any game, then inform the publisher/developer of any changes that need to be made in order to fit a certain rating, the changes have to be made, and then another review is performed. I would imagine this is quite time consuming.

I would just like to know why the European Xbox owners are getting the game in febuary aswell as the PC owners, but US Xbox owners are getting it 2 months earlier!? WTF is that all about? Are the European market not as important as the US market? Or is it some technicallity I'm not aware of? Please someone enlighten me because I would love to know, but I can't help thinking its the former <_<

might be to do with translation. U'd have to translate it into every other language, as a lot of Europeans don't speak English as a first language. It would be even more unfair to release the English version in France, or just give it to the British (and Irish) market.

I sympathize (sp?) with everyone out there who got screwed because of the announced later release of TSL on the international maket as well as the PC market. But I know myself that if the situation was turned around I wouldn't be asking for LA or Obsidian to hold back the PC/international versions of the game just because I couldn't get it on my xbox for two months. In fact I would more than likely just take my lumps such as they are more than likely complain about it but would eventually move on and more than likely stop visiting the boards once the other version was released so the game experience wasn't ruined for me. I know I will more than likely catch hell over this post because some people will doubt what I am saying but the fact remains that when going up agianst a company like LA when they set there mind to something its very hard if not impossible to change it, even holding back on sales or pirating the software will only spure them onto raise the prices of games and continue to produce the console versions before the PC versions in order to counter the P2P problem. Also now adays alot of programs come with anti-pirating features built in that hinder (but can be usurped with the proper knowledge) ilegal P2P operations.

While I do wish that they would have been able to ship the game fairly on every platform and version I don't wish to see the US Xbox version held back, mainly because of selfish reasons of my own.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

How could you contact LA about this. Everyway to contact them about video games are for technical support

have you tried calling tech support and asking for the complaint department? I don't know if it would work or not but it might be worth a try.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Snail mail goes a lot farther than emails, and the LA mailing address is listed on their Contacts page at www.lucasarts.com. However, be aware that while they will most likely listen to well thought out, intelligent letters describing how and why you are disappointed, letters filled with profanity and other venting will merely be assigned to the circular file.