Ukraine Conflict - Those who can win a war well can rarely make a good peace and those who could make a good peace would never have won the war

Mamoulian War

11 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

Tucker Carlson to interview Vladimir Putin.

Successfully resisted crossposting to the Funny thread for now.

No , you dont understand Carlson cares about  THE  TRUTH, he is   not controlled by the deep state like all other media in the US....remember how he exposed the cheating in the 2020 elections  with the Dominion voting machines :grin:

No one knows anything about Putins opinion on the invasion and only Carlson can bring us Putins truthful views 

• Haha 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Lexx said:

It's crazy how much damage this fool did to america.

I dont know how accurate that is because US culture war garbage is spread  by people in the media on both the left and right but it doesnt apply to everyone in the media. There  are still people in the US media  who have integrity and believe in the  important role the media is supposed  to play which is about reporting on events  in an objective way as much as  possible 

But what does  concern me  is how so many people consider  Carlson to be a paradigm of truth and literally only believe what he says, they dont even trust  Fox anymore and if you are  Conservative thats unusual.   We should try to have a wide range of sources  around the media and always be prepared to  question or confirm a story 

But its like personality politics and personality media is more  important than objective reasoning 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Carlson was the No1 broadcaster for years. He generated top views constantly. Millions of people consumed his garbage every day.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

11 hours ago, Lexx said:

It's crazy how much damage this fool did to america.

You mean funny.

https://www.dw.com/en/sweden-drops-nord-stream-explosions-investigation/a-68192734?maca=en-rss-en-all-1573-rdf

Guess we'll never know at this rate.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A  ore detailed look into the relation between Zelenskyi and Zaluzhnyi

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/articles/2024/02/7/7440698/

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It’s still there, and with more area under UA, with Magyar’s Birds destroying all Russians who are foolish enough to try to go near it 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, HoonDing said:

Dare I ask what happened with the Kherson "bridgehead"

Still there, I think it advanced a small distance as well, but otherwise is more or less stuck.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Looks like NAFO clowns need to apologize to Ollie Carroll and maybe go grab a rifle.

I know one Ukrainian officer that's going to have a stroke over this

Edited by Malcador

Not just Ukrainian. Syrsky's the Timoshenko (Semyon, not Yulia) pick: not absolutely untalented, but his main talent was loyalty to his leader. Pretty sure just about everyone would have preferred Budanov if Zaluzhny had to go. At least if Syrsky had been in charge we wouldn't have got all the 'they did not actually follow NATO tactics of zerg rushing the enemy like Guy de Lusignan at Hattin' excuses for the 'counter'offensive since Syrsky would have done what he was told no matter how badly it worked.

Not a good week or so for NAFOids. Apart from the Zalauzhny sacking (he RESIGNED!!! and wasn't that good anyway!!!) being a Russian psyops the Il76 they had shot down carrying weapons has also managed to reassemble itself and now plies its trade again like a real life Ghost of Belgorod.

1 hour ago, Zoraptor said:

the Il76 they had shot down carrying weapons has also managed to reassemble itself and now plies its trade again like a real life Ghost of Belgorod.

Wait, what?

The Il76 that was shot down carrying PoWs (or, if preferred, 'carrying PoWs') at the end of last month was meant to be the same as an Il76 that was regularly going to Syria and Iran* (and thus carrying a cargo of S-300 instead of prisoners). That Il76 has however been back flying to Iran etc again.

*per wikipedia: "The independent Russian media outlet iStories, citing Ukrainian OSINT investigations [NAFO], reported that the aircraft had flown over Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the Red Sea and Iran before disappearing from radars and reappearing over Belgorod Oblast."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Malcador said:

Looks like NAFO clowns need to apologize to Ollie Carroll and maybe go grab a rifle.

I know one Ukrainian officer that's going to have a stroke over this

It will be interesting to see if Syrski somehow tries to prove himself as a new commander.
And if he does, will it be militarily or politically.

I wonder what his stance is on that request to conscript 500k men. 

1 hour ago, pmp10 said:

It will be interesting to see if Syrski somehow tries to prove himself as a new commander.
And if he does, will it be militarily or politically.

I wonder what his stance is on that request to conscript 500k men. 

Entirely a thought experiment, not having any idea about the person involved, but...

If he decides to remove Zelensky and declare the military to be the sole power in Ukraine (old fashioned autocrat style/military coup), would the west still support him?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/02/08/tucker-carlson-putin-interview-released/

The Carlson interview with Putin is 2  hours long and as predicted  it was  full of Putins historical  ramblings and revisionist views  of  the world  and geopolitics and  he didnt like Carlson trying to get  him to stay on point  and at  one point said to Carlon "“I’ll tell you, I’m coming to that. This briefing is coming to an end. It might be boring, but it explains many things,” said Putin in a condescending tone "  :grin:

I think  Carlson did the best job he could do considering Putin was  obviously always going to  repeat  Russian propaganda  so its not like we were  going to learn anything new.  By definition thats not how propaganda works 

But Carlson summarized  the interview  afterwards  " “I’m not exactly sure what I thought of the interview. … It’s going to take me a year to decide what that was,” said Carlson in a video published on his website. “Putin is not someone who does a lot of interviews. He is not good at explaining himself. … But he’s clearly spending a lot of time in a world where he doesn’t have to explain himself.” 

For me it demonstrates Carlson  is not a Russian shill in the normal  sense,  he definitely sympathizes  with Russia on somethings but  thats not  the same  as  being a Vatnik or typical  shill 

John Milton 

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

For me it demonstrates Carlson  is not a Russian shill in the normal  sense,  he definitely sympathizes  with Russia on somethings but  thats not  the same  as  being a Vatnik or typical  shill 

Or maybe it was done specifically so you'll think about him like that. 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

3 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Or maybe it was done specifically so you'll think about him like that. 😄

Can I you tell what I think went mostly wrong with the interview, Putin doesnt understand the US or the Carlson audience or rather  how people in  most  Western countries resonate with interviews

No one wants to  hear a long,  boring and rambling answer about history from hundreds of years  ago  when you get asked  a question about an invasion from 2 years ago.  Putin doesnt understand this and its because he seldom has independent interviews from journalists  who arent Russian state propagandists and especially since the invasion 

Codex  is a good place to understand this sentiment because there  lots of Carlson  supporters and Vatniks who wanted this interview to provide new  insights and be relevant. But its telling because  they all saying how boring it was  and how Putin missed  an opportunity to get a  relevant message across  to the   US audience 

To  quote from  one guy "Bleh, fell asleep yesterday and couldn't watch it live. From what i'm seeing, i didn't miss much. Putard is being typical retarded Slav droning on about **** nobody outside of Slav land is going to give a **** about. Disappoint. Guess the botox finally got to his brain " :grin:

John Milton 

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/02/08/tucker-carlson-putin-interview-released/

The Carlson interview with Putin is 2  hours long and as predicted  it was  full of Putins historical  ramblings and revisionist views  of  the world  and geopolitics and  he didnt like Carlson trying to get  him to stay on point  and at  one point said to Carlon "“I’ll tell you, I’m coming to that. This briefing is coming to an end. It might be boring, but it explains many things,” said Putin in a condescending tone "  :grin:

I think  Carlson did the best job he could do considering Putin was  obviously always going to  repeat  Russian propaganda  so its not like we were  going to learn anything new.  By definition thats not how propaganda works 

But Carlson summarized  the interview  afterwards  " “I’m not exactly sure what I thought of the interview. … It’s going to take me a year to decide what that was,” said Carlson in a video published on his website. “Putin is not someone who does a lot of interviews. He is not good at explaining himself. … But he’s clearly spending a lot of time in a world where he doesn’t have to explain himself.” 

Well, that’s exactly what I would say, if I wanted to spread some kind of propaganda 😏

• Hmmm 1

Zaluzhnyi after being dismissed recieved the Hero of the Ukraine award. Together with Budanov.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2024/02/9/7441110/

Meanwhile in Russia it looks more and more probable, that Gerasimov recieved Hero of the Open Window award right before he got “dismissed” 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Can I you tell what I think went mostly wrong with the interview, Putin doesnt understand the US or the Carlson audience or rather  how people in  most  Western countries resonate with interviews

Honestly am surprised he'd even bother trying to reach a Western audience at this point.  But worth watching it if Putin was condescending to Carlson.

Also maybe one knock on effect might be more support for Ukraine as it's a little more in forefront as everyone will be angry at Putin

Edited by Malcador
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gorth said:

Entirely a thought experiment, not having any idea about the person involved, but...

If he decides to remove Zelensky and declare the military to be the sole power in Ukraine (old fashioned autocrat style/military coup), would the west still support him?

Individual counties most likely would, but the EU as a whole not so much.
Ukraine would end up with plenty of weaponry and not enough cash to pay the bills. 

6 hours ago, Malcador said:

Honestly am surprised he'd even bother trying to reach a Western audience at this point.  But worth watching it if Putin was condescending to Carlson.

Also maybe one knock on effect might be more support for Ukraine as it's a little more in forefront as everyone will be angry at Putin

I am pretty sure that audience that he targeted with his answers is not Western audience, for him it was just bonus if Carlson's interview causes divergences among westerners. But he is interested increase support in east and south