Picture of Your Games the 16th

HoonDing

@Keyrock  lol, yeah the face quality is the first thing I noticed. Doesn't really bother me much but it's kind of amusing. 😄

I noticed on the forum that others seem to have fps/stutter issues with the demo. Outside of having to use DLSS to get the 60fps at 4k because apparently my 9900k/2080ti is a potato these days, I didn't notice any issues like that. I was like that with FFXV tho too. Barely noticed any issues while everyone else called it broken.

Based on the install size of Outcast's demo I'm semi-convinced it's a build of almost the entire game, or at least 90% of it, haha, vs. a small-install-sized demo file, which could be one reason for such severe restrictions in place.

Players also figured out you could reset the replays limit deleting save files or something, and if you hexedit you could defeat the time limit too. I didn't bother trying however.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Pacific Drive demo:

Rwaq5tL.jpeg

I got a Firewatch vibe from this right away because of the art style and the faceless voice you hear.

jRKWoVp.jpeg

You're in an exclusion zone, much like the one around Chernobyl, except this one is in the Pacific northwest.

eZbcwI1.jpeg

You drive around in a piece of **** station wagon and scavenge for parts to keep your car running and build stuff to progress the story.

BOfnYEa.jpeg

I'm definitely interested.

XSufNba.jpeg

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

13 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Dont leave me hanging, what happened when you drove into the gateway?

It teleported me back to the auto shop, which seems to be your base of operations in the game.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Itorah

The MC's facial expressions are excellent.

cgCGWWo.png

SwwyRAG.png

ybnOu02.png

vnVBpTg.png

qsPflAi.png

oZ0Y02T.png

Ending spoilers.

Spoiler

iAkf0a4.png

vWktwtG.png

7GtIdPq.png

Somehow satisfying to see the persons in power feeling the consequences of their actions in the most spectacular fashion.
y1KxZzr.png

So, they died screaming, the MC and her mother lived happily ever after. Good story.
hPBnM17.png

The Axe got a statue.
HBC52AI.png

• Like 2

Saints Row

2 things that should have been advertised more and the reason why I will purchase it on sale on Steam (got for free on EGS; would love to get it on GOG, though).

BneTkcN.png

The character creator is amazing and is better than it used to be in the previous games (and already was very impressive back then).

3pojirv.png
(Was going to post a screenshot with the prosthetics more visible, but the MC was also significantly less dressed).

• Like 1

Soulmask demo:

ZPZMioU.jpeg

It's a survival game, you swing your axe at trees and you build stuff.

bZ1zyJe.jpeg

The game does look really nice. I was worried because the character creation screen was all types of stripped down, janky, and really low res, but once I got into actual gameplay, it looks great. Plus it's got capybaras and tapirs.

T3mqHFW.jpeg

Another nice touch is that you are actually wet after going in the water. I feel like this is something I shouldn't have to mention in 2024, but the amount of games, including AAA releases, still coming out where there are no wet effects, your character is just instantly dry after swimming, is downright embarrassing.

kzqeieN.jpeg

It will take more than just pretty graphics to join Conan Exiles, and to a lesser degree Valheim, as the only survival games I've liked, though, and I haven't seen anything in the demo yet to make this more than just swinging an axe at trees. I haven't gotten any story so far.

Side-note: No capybaras were harmed in the playing of this demo. I'm not about to kill them for meat. I did kill a couple of wild dogs, but they attacked me first.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 2/12/2024 at 9:20 PM, the_dog_days said:

For reference, I am a lizard.

Could you please share what game it is?

---

Sands of Aura.

Found and killed Patches.
zjiPOHg.png

Any verticality and this camera angle work odd together.
R8B8sHd.png

Got stuck in an infinite fall.
rziKq9a.png

KMOh3Qv.png

tK7TtGZ.png

qeryzvi.png

"You Need a Smith to Continue". Then who is that at the forge?
6ZSY06C.png

A merchant.
vs1AzGz.png

Edit. And the MC's default and only name is "Player".

Edited by Hawke64
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawke64 said:

Could you please share what game it is?

Elder Scrolls Online. I recently made a new character: argonian warden. This quest was in Hammerfell where apparently they have racing lizards and this lady sells them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2024 at 9:51 PM, Hawke64 said:

Saints Row

The character creator is amazing and is better than it used to be in the previous games (and already was very impressive back then).

Possibly the best character creator yet.

Which Saints Row already was know for, so it being an improvement over the previous, kinda makes it the best by default.

The prosthetics were a great addition. I briefly considered restarting the game and making a young boss with flawless skin, and after each Insurance Fraud side hustle, adding bruises and eventually prosthetics, to reflect the results of the mini game.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Sands of Aura

The maces and the combat style were an unusual combination. Also reminded of lollipops.
PnDPQJD.png

Spoiler

Khrisom, because can't be blue and crimson, I guess.
QuD0H9z.png

UFvzYUk.png

Spoiler

jTFqlL8.png

The hugging thing is not a piece of equipment. After getting several of them, I noticed that they decrease the maximum health.
vgxUBlU.png

8m0tn6e.png

The boss of the area

Spoiler

stJqfhK.png

CKQkL5I.png

Some got behind the textures.
wdeCwFT.png

H5ZXFGI.png

The boss of the area

Spoiler

apNV6nw.png

i0lYx8x.png

The fire that killed the FPS (the location is a spoiler):

Spoiler

s3RYgmf.png

Got the musicians.
ol0i58i.png

MscE6nw.png

Final bosses

Spoiler

paXWp2N.png

Rc61Op1.png

The boss flew out of bound.
W1nTsUO.png

wZwZrGs.png

Endings

Spoiler

guR20aY.png

ltsw3YO.png

hp63ZkH.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Saints Row
The active graphical settings are highly unlikely to be used by anyone else, so it might be not exactly representative.

aLXoPlg.png

There is something amusing about this.
6aAkEyS.png

yY8n2Su.png

The low visibility is intentional.
fDTJOks.png

IBYV862.png

qwFwMUF.png

A88pEKw.png

wqrUyCV.png

JlnNTn8.png

The cat looks a bit off, but good enough for the first actual cat in the series.
1qn59w9.png

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 2

2 minutes ago, Hawke64 said:

1qn59w9.png

The cat looks so baked.:lol:

• Haha 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Caesar 3 Augustus/Julius mods work great. With Augustus version's zoom-out, I can now finally get a shot of an entire messy city. Yay!  Unsure re: all the added gameplay options (you can not check/have most not active I think, at least) but maybe I'll try a campaign with it to see how it works and if I can make it feel closer to vanilla but retain some QoL stuff. Will the workers still cut across gardens? I mean, I want them to. Some quirks were fun!

(from a very old save file of the final Peace map)

augustus_3-3-2024_7-18-47_PM-412.jpg

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

After attending to some mage's guild business in and around Balmora I decided to head back to the mainland for some more exploring, but this time I decided to go to Firewatch and branch out from there to explore the northeastern most part of Morrowind.

Q8uGXjV.jpeg

Exploring along the coast I ran into a fellow Nord woman who did not take kindly to my presence.

iiKPuBq.jpeg

She put up one hell of a fight. In the picture I have half health but that was taken after I had chugged a potion, I was pretty close to death at one point. There are some fairly challenging enemies here so it's a good thing that I'm very well equipped.

Venturing further north I then took a boat to Nivalis.

SA9YeNd.jpeg

This is about as far north as you can go in Morrowind, or all of Tamriel, for that matter. From here I plan to explore the island Nivalis is on then work my way south on the mainland toward Necrom.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The town of Llothanis in far eastern Morrowind:

jDOjrPO.jpeg

It's unmistakably Telvanni, which means it looks awesome and is a nightmare to navigate.

4qKAIrD.jpeg

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

After a long and perilous journey I finally made it to the City Above Necrom.

dyH9tdL.jpeg

Sb3PSw5.jpeg

WzJ2TSR.jpeg

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The character creator for Dragon's Dogma 2 is really great. The interface leaves a bit to be desired but the functionality is pretty great. You can make 5 characters and 5 main pawns and import one of each into the game when it releases. Here's one of the characters I've created:

RMJ6d1g.jpeg

This isn't the first game to release a character creator before launch and I hope it's a trend that continues, especially if the character creator is fairly deep. I'll typically spend several hours when a game launches just making a character, letting me do that ahead of time is much appreciated.

Here's a pawn:

hIgPLJ0.jpeg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I was waylaid by a golden saint not once but twice recently in my travels. This may seem like a nuisance, but in fact it's great fortune as golden saints supply among the best souls in the game, and I just happen to always carry grand soul gems on me. I turned one of the golden saint souls and an adamantium mace into this:

fctbILD.jpeg

That mace makes me nearly invincible in melee and 400 charges means that it will take a loooong battle for it to run dry. I guess the best defense against it would be paralyze, can't life-leach if I'm not attacking. I'm not sure yet what to use the other golden saint soul gem on. Anyway, I hope I run across some more golden saints. :biggrin:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

YJ2WeBc.png

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling