Obituary thread

Gfted1

This is a bit sick. I read just an article about the comic artist Romona Fradon (being recently deceased), and the site populates a 'You might also like...' section full of other celebrity deaths.

sick.jpg.47265ed32ce38f80c215afdeec36aa4a.jpg

Akira Toriyama

vegeta-under-the-rain.gif

Edited by Malcador
  • Sad 5

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

RIP. I remember first reading about Toriyama in Manga! Manga! The World of Japanese Comics. He was then mostly known in 1983 when it was published for "Dr. Slump" and was just starting out. I think the entry might have mentioned him launching Dragonball in passing as it would have launched the same year Manga! Manga! did.

So imagine my surprise years later to see the popularity of DragonBall and his character designs in video games when they started hitting here not knowing what a phenom he'd become.

• Like 4

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 2 weeks later...

Mutsumi Inomata, who besides working in animation (City Hunter, Leda, Gundam Seed) and manga (GB Bomber) was the character designer for the Tales series (Destiny through Berseria)

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

James Ward, game designer and author who co-crested the original Gamma World game from TSR with Gary Jaquet. 

• Sad 1

Character actor M. Emmet Walsh

• Sad 4

• 2 weeks later...

RIP to Mr. Gosset.  

• 2 weeks later...

Comic artist, writer and historian Trina Robbins

As an aside, I want to make it clear that the sad reaction emoji I reacted with to @Gfted1's post above with was for Akebono.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 4 weeks later...