Random video game news... RNG says "Nope"

Azdeus

This is newsworthy:

For the first time in 2 years my GOG Galaxy client managed to update itself and did not force me to download the new version from scratch.

Are the GOG people learning to code?

Only time will tell.

Edited by melkathi
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Gasp! 3
  • Sad 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

...thanks fer all the replies, amigos...gonna wait fer a bit 'afore I gits BG3...an' hope that she's a bit more straightforward ta mess 'round wit' moddin' than D:OS2 is...miss the ol' moddin' community fer the IE games, I does...😢

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I personally bought second copy of BG3 just because of free deluxe edition just few days ago. I wanted copy on steam. I understand there isn't some huge benefit, but it would bother me if I am to buy second copy on steam and having to pay extra for edition I got on galaxy cheaper.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 12:42 PM, melkathi said:

For the first time in 2 years my GOG Galaxy client managed to update itself and did not force me to download the new version from scratch.

Amazing. I had this issue pop up only recently. Until maybe two months ago, I had no issues with GOG Galaxy. I also can't connect my Steam account for some weeks now, which have been rather annoying.

51 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

Amazing. I had this issue pop up only recently. Until maybe two months ago, I had no issues with GOG Galaxy. I also can't connect my Steam account for some weeks now, which have been rather annoying.

Unfortunatelly Steam integration is community app and not official, and some time ago, Steam changed their login procedures somehow, and since then the Galaxy integration does not work. On the other hand Playstation integration does not work as well, but it is completely Sony’s fault. They have som idiotic verification, which give me an error everytime, when I am trying to log in through my ISP. The connection works only, when I connect through my mobile connection. But due to my PC being connected by cable only, I am unable to integrade my PSN account with Galaxy for more than 1 year already…

• Thanks 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I think I've used GOG Galaxy once to download the previous version of PoEII, then noticed that the app was using a hidden folder on the OS drive, which was rather inconvenient due to the drive's relatively small size.
Are there any advantages of using the application instead of the website (which allowed to choose games' versions just a few years ago)?

I am using it only for achievements and tracking time spent in games TBH. For downloading, I am using gogrepoc 3rd party app by Kalanyr. Works like a charm and saves much time when I want to DL all the updated versions of the games once in a blue moon.

• Thanks 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

How long until Ubisoft fires 2/3 of their staff and has AI make all the copy paste activities on their maps? Would we even notice a difference?🤔

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I am weak, I pre-ordered Age of Wonders 4 - i am long time fan of studio making those

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I recall a lot of discussion here from people playing Conan: Exiles. I am thinking about getting this game just for its exploration and base-building aspects. So, if I were to set the combat-related things to the easiest settings, how difficult is the combat? Will it still be frustratingly difficult for someone who doesn't do well with action games where you need to tee up combat sequences and maneuvers and such?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kanisatha said:

I recall a lot of discussion here from people playing Conan: Exiles. I am thinking about getting this game just for its exploration and base-building aspects. So, if I were to set the combat-related things to the easiest settings, how difficult is the combat? Will it still be frustratingly difficult for someone who doesn't do well with action games where you need to tee up combat sequences and maneuvers and such?

It is the best game ever, so get it. 

If you play on Civilized, the combat is pretty forgiving. Enemies are basically level locked, so as you level it will be easier to dominate areas that might have been hard early on. Also on Civilized, death is not too serious and is actually an easy way to get back home quickly if you have travelled too far. The only time you really need to use strategy is when you fight bosses, and you don't need to rush those. You can even go into admin mode and change the combat settings if you are having trouble. I've done that with a couple bosses.

It's a pretty flexible game when you are playing single player or co-op. You can basically adjust the setting to any play style you want.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, kanisatha said:

It's been some time since I played (before the Sorcery update), but different aspects of gameplay have separate difficulty settings (combat, crafting, etc.) and in single-player mode can be configured before starting the game (would recommend to disable degradation for buildings). Also, there are NPC followers* (they are random and do not have quests or personalities), which can make combat easier or be nice decorations at the base. Though, dying while they are following you might result in their loss.
Overall, unless you go into the late-game dungeons and face the bosses unprepared (the preparations include decent equipment and the followers loaded with healing items or food), it should be fine. There is a main story line (to remove the bracelet and regain freedom), some environmental storytelling, and lore.

*They were possible to recruit by rescuing in the Siptah expansion, but I think they had to be captured in the main game. Pets have to be kidnapped when young in both, though.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

So then, even when downplaying combat, would you guys say there's enough in the rest of the game to make it interesting and worth playing?

I'm a big fan of Robert Howard and the whole Conan world, so I'm probably biased. That being said, it is the best game I have ever played. 

• Thanks 1

Dev Diary #6: Banished Court: Scions & Monsters

harebrained is leaning heavy into h.p. lovecraft territory for their adversaries. 

edit: complete unrelated, but whenever am thinking o' lovecraft, we cannot help but consider the creepy physical similarity o' zuckerberg and lovecraft. am thinking the doppelgangers is more spooky than the banished court.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

Dev Diary #6: Banished Court: Scions & Monsters

harebrained is leaning heavy into h.p. lovecraft territory for their adversaries. 

edit: complete unrelated, but whenever am thinking o' lovecraft, we cannot help but consider the creepy physical similarity o' zuckerberg and lovecraft. am thinking the doppelgangers is more spooky than the banished court.

HA! Good Fun!

I think Zuckerberg is the Lovecraftian version of H.P. Lovecraft. When you see pictures of old H.P. boy, you can at least see the light in his eyes: no such luck for Zuckerberg.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.