What You've Done Today - Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

majestic

4 hours ago, Raithe said:

Just got home from 3 days Stewarding at MCM London Comic-Con. Turfed out luggage. Grabbed a cup of tea. Now I think I crash.

Did repair about 200 costumes for folks across the weekend working the Cosplay Hospital.

Photos of hot booth babes and Cosplay people?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

This will probably get me run out of here, but what character is she?

Warhammer 40k, Saint Celestine I do believe...

Saint_Celestine.jpg

WLIhm1w.jpg

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

48 minutes ago, Raithe said:

IMG_20221029_1616235.jpg?width=367&heigh

Good way to enforce social distance.

• Haha 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

15 hours ago, majestic said:

1.(9) + 2 = 4.

2 liters of water + 2 liters of sand = 4 liters of wet sand. Wait a minute... :blink:

First generation Intel Pentium processors would probably have arrived at:

2 + 2 = 3.99999999999999999 😁

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_FDIV_bug

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

14 hours ago, Raithe said:

IMG_20221029_1616235.jpg?width=367&heigh

Raithe are people still wearing masks in these types of indoors events?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

30 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Raithe are people still wearing masks in these types of indoors events?

By choice only. Some do, a lot don't. A lot are wearing cosplay masks regardless.. 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raithe said:

By choice only. Some do, a lot don't. A lot are wearing cosplay masks regardless.. 😄

Sounds like Eyes Wide Shut 😇

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

36 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Sounds like Eyes Wide Shut 😇

What happens in After-Con parties, stays in After-Con parties.....  🧐

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

The trick or treating in my neighborhood was much reduced this year. :( I bought a 225 piece bag of assorted chocolates and have over half of it left (and I give out the candy by the bunch, not each). Oh well, I guess Ill have to take it on the chin and eat it myself.

I'm in the same boat, I bought a metric ****ton of candy to make sure I didn't run out then barely anyone showed up. Now I have all this candy I'm trying to resist eating. How long does candy keep? I don't suppose I can save it for a year? Almost certainly not anything with chocolate, but lolipops and other candy that's just basically balls of sugar, how long do they keep?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Most modern candy (where mostly sugar, with or without nuts) will keep a very long time as long as it's not in warm/humid storage conditions. I don't have stat facts but imo it's like canned goods - a year, maybe two it's generally fine, beyond that it's still perfectly edible but may not have the best consistency/color or flavor anymore. So a lot depends on how the candy is stored.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Storage is the big thing, seems dark chocolate can last 2 years or so if properly stored.

Didn't bother giving candy out, light off and everything. One kid had parents dumb enough to still have him ring my bell though, I suppose I should have felt bad telling him no and shutting the door in his face, maybe.

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

49 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

The trick or treating in my neighborhood was much reduced this year. :( I bought a 225 piece bag of assorted chocolates and have over half of it left (and I give out the candy by the bunch, not each). Oh well, I guess Ill have to take it on the chin and eat it myself.

We had about 18-20 kids this year and I, like an idiot, bought about 100 bucks worth of candy on sale and another maybe 20 bucks of little nothing Halloween toys (stickers, spider rings, fake bugs, stuff like that) to give out. I was giving out armloads of the stuff and we still have leftovers. I don't actually like candy but my son is in heaven and my sugar-hating wife has been sneaking Snickers and Almond Joys for 3 weeks now.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

5 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Didn't bother giving candy out, light off and everything. One kid had parents dumb enough to still have him ring my bell though, I suppose I should have felt bad telling him no and shutting the door in his face, maybe.

Sorry for the double post, I couldn't combine this in an edit for some reason.

Yeah, we avoided some obvious leave me alone houses but we tried any that seemed like they could go either way. I also brought a good amount of candy with me in case someone answered the door but didn't have candy and it actually came in handy because my next door neighbors answered but had no candy. 

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

10 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Didn't bother giving candy out, light off and everything.

Yeah, we're the same way. I think back in our early 20's I did the candy thing a few years but after that we became the "Halloween bah" curmudgeons of a neighborhood. I've also observed over the many years that less and less children where we've lived are out and about, too. When I was little I remember lots of us kids still being out long after dark - nowadays it's very few. Although, that might have to do with changing when daylight savings time kicked in, too. It used to happen before Halloween, not after.

And I definitely don't have the willpower to not binge-eat any leftover candy - my "willpower" is having nothing sweet in the house - which for me is a no-no now. 😄

Speaking of DST, I heard one US govern. body let a "get rid of it" motion pass, but the other has let it sit stagnant for near a year or something. Just get rid of it. Maybe we should all go on "military time" too. Never looked up the history of 12 number clocks, but it's always seemed a bit non-sensical.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

2 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Its to prevent confusion between AM and PM.

But isn't AM/PM needed as a result of the 12 number clock, where a 24 hours clock wouldn't even need that extra distinction?

In my experience, stuff with peanuts or peanut butter tends to have the oils go rancid within like 6 months, so that's something to beware.

• Thanks 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

44 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

But isn't AM/PM needed as a result of the 12 number clock, where a 24 hours clock wouldn't even need that extra distinction?

By bad, I mixed up your question in my head. As you noted "military time" is to distinguish between AM/PM. I dont know why a clock has 12 numbers.

6 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

In my experience, stuff with peanuts or peanut butter tends to have the oils go rancid within like 6 months, so that's something to beware.

The Reese's Peanut Butter Cups were never going to make it to next year. I was smart enough to not buy any gummy bears, they wouldn't have survived to Halloween, I would have devoured them all, but I did get Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. There's a 0% chance that I have the willpower to not eat them for a full year. Everything else... There's a chance... Slim chance, but there's a chance.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

26 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

By bad, I mixed up your question in my head. As you noted "military time" is to distinguish between AM/PM. I dont know why a clock has 12 numbers.

Because some Egyptian long ago did it. Well, or maybe Roman