Random video game news... may the dice be with you!

Gorth

The reviews are out for the Saints Row reboot and they're not exactly glowing. Which I don't think will be a major surprise; and while some of the tech issues might get ironed out by the 1 year beta period on EGS the complaints about gameplay and especially characters and story will be a lot harder to fix.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

The reviews are out for the Saints Row reboot and they're not exactly glowing. Which I don't think will be a major surprise; and while some of the tech issues might get ironed out by the 1 year beta period on EGS the complaints about gameplay and especially characters and story will be a lot harder to fix.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/saints-row-2022-review

https://www.eurogamer.net/saints-row-2022-review-a-snappy-but-slightly-uneven-reboot

https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/saints-row-2022

https://www.destructoid.com/reviews/review-saints-row-xbox-series-x-2022/

https://www.ign.com/articles/saints-row-2022-review

Not bad, more the "it's just fine rather than anything new."

Some complaints on the shallowness of some of the characters and lack of time to the main story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Never seemed worth more than a sale price to me.  Probably still is though

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

7 hours ago, MrBrown said:

They must be really aiming for a younger market, what with all these youtube videos. I'm too old for this ****, can I have all this in text please?

pretty sure theatre of the mind are not that popular

gm must really know what they are doing to make it work

I'm glad I don't have to cough up $80.95AUD then. Still, I'm willing to forgive a lot for the sake of co-op, so it may well be a live option eventually, whereas as a single-player game it'd be forgotten immediately. Maybe the poor reception will get it onto Game Pass sooner rather than later? (No idea if Deep Silver deals with Game Pass admittedly)

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Although apparently there is a major glitch for launching Saints Row 2022 on PC at the moment.

Not sure if it's strictly a game issue or an Epic Games launcher issue, but a lot of people are getting a crash on launch where Epic isn't recognising you have permission to run the game.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

This will probably suck.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I know I've said this before, but Funcom has earned a blank check from me for Conan Exiles, so I'm pretty excited for Dune. There is already a ton of stuff in the Conan game that would directly cross over and work in a Dune setting. Sandstorms? Crafting? Climbing? They've got a winning strategy already, so I have some confidence. 

I'm really curious if fans of the novels will dig the lore of the game. I'm a big Robert Howard fan, so all the little touches in Conan speak to me, but I never got past the first Frank Herbert book. Maybe the game will get me into them. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wormerine said:

And day one on GamePass:

Steampunk soulslike? It will be on Game Pass, so I might give it a go.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

This will probably suck.

Can you play a Harkonnen? More specifically, can you play as Sting wearing a glorious codpiece?

443665.jpg

If I can play as Codpiece Sting I'm in.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Hmmm 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

you can in Conan Exiles, so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible here too 🤡

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

16 hours ago, Wormerine said:

And day one on GamePass:

It looks promising, it reminds me of Dishonored and the whole dystopian Victorian theme

I will wait for player and gaming website reviews before I decide if its worth buying 8)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

16 hours ago, Malcador said:

This will probably suck.

It looks good, I like the idea of a Dune survival game and the Sandworm looks impressive 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

It looks promising, it reminds me of Dishonored and the whole dystopian Victorian theme

I will wait for player and gaming website reviews before I decide if its worth buying 8)

Eh, I would say this looks more like Bloodborne than Dishonored.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

https://www.pcgamer.com/return-to-monkey-island-arrives-on-international-talk-like-a-pirate-day/

Horse armor joke. Guess we'll see a fresh joke like AYBABTU as well.

33 minutes ago, Lexx said:

It caters to old fans, so horse armor joke seems appropriate. : >

Well the old fans that are not "retro fascists" anyway :lol:

Another game worth grabbing on a sale for maybe 9 bucks.