Funny Stuff: Joke-Wing vs Meme Fighter

Malcador

4dropta59f291.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

4 minutes ago, Theonlygarby said:

Does it actually say that in the Bible?  I'm genuinely asking.  Seems like a weird thing to be in there.

Deuteronomy 23:19 ESV - “You shall not charge interest on loans to your brother, interest on money, interest on food, interest on anything that is lent for interest."

Luke 6:34-35 ESV - "And if you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to get back the same amount. But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil."

Leviticus 25:35-38 ESV - “If your brother becomes poor and cannot maintain himself with you, you shall support him as though he were a stranger and a sojourner, and he shall live with you. Take no interest from him or profit, but fear your God, that your brother may live beside you. You shall not lend him your money at interest, nor give him your food for profit. I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt to give you the land of Canaan, and to be your God."

There are, I think, a few more admonishments about loans and money lending. That said, I'm not sure fighting a wrong with another wrong is a good idea...

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Probably discussions about politics and religion belong in another thread. They always devolve into something non-funny and tedious.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

1 hour ago, Amentep said:

Deuteronomy 23:19 ESV - “You shall not charge interest on loans to your brother, interest on money, interest on food, interest on anything that is lent for interest."

Luke 6:34-35 ESV - "And if you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to get back the same amount. But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil."

Leviticus 25:35-38 ESV - “If your brother becomes poor and cannot maintain himself with you, you shall support him as though he were a stranger and a sojourner, and he shall live with you. Take no interest from him or profit, but fear your God, that your brother may live beside you. You shall not lend him your money at interest, nor give him your food for profit. I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt to give you the land of Canaan, and to be your God."

There are, I think, a few more admonishments about loans and money lending. That said, I'm not sure fighting a wrong with another wrong is a good idea...

Good to know bankers are all going to hell!  😜

Keeping it light... because funny and stuff... is going to hell light?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Amentep said:

It's also why Jewish people in the middle ages in Europe controlled banking. They were allowed to loan money at an interest to non-Jews while Christians could not at all. 

Also I don't have a citation for you, but I believe the timing of the church realizing there was money to be made in loans, and the timing of renewed Jewish prosecution in the late middle ages coincided somewhat. 

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

as 4chaners would put it

>implying the democrats give half a F about student loans (or any other social issue for that matter) other than use it as vote bait.

unknown.png?width=491&height=702

Edited by teknoman2
  • Haha 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

unknown.png

I've yet to see a politician that actually cares about people's problems and comes up with solutions after they got the votes. They all make a big show about how they can and will fix what's wrong and as soon as they get voted into office they come up with a million excuses why they can't do anything.

Edited by teknoman2

-Teknoman2-

Who knows, I don't even understand what they chant when it's in Serbian.

Here is one more

But saying all that, it's nothing compared to football. There a lot of criminal and hooliganism takes place so it's on another level.

and one more

Edited by Sarex
  • Like 2

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Can't compare to NA football ultras....

• Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There was a good quality video of it, but I cannot find it. Here in Toronto, I am not sure what culture they are trying to mimic, certainly have a lot of immigrant groups here that can contribute. I think now they are all into pyro and throwing crap at corners. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra