Picture of Your Games the 15th

HoonDing

"There are many like it, but this one is mine."
NoMansSky-00129a.jpg

NoMansSky-00130a.jpg

...finding a system that had the right fleets pop, and then the reload-grind to get the specific freighter to be actually offered, plus as over a B class was long. I got impatient re: an "S" class and settled on an "A" class.
...there are some much more unique/kewl freighters in the game I think, but I would guess they are hard to find/get.
...looks like you can build a huge modular-room base on the thing (red-lined squares in pic below are player-placed). To the point it would get annoying to run around in. But I hear getting the freighter modules/currency to unlock more/all the modular rooms/thingies for it are a serious PITA. I probably won't bother. In fact, I probably won't use it, since I'm not interested in quests/combat etc, altho who knows. But I had to have the ST/SW combo one. And now I know what they're like. 😛

NoMansSky-00132c.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was told if I did hire max frigates, all those msg's etc. would stop. So I did. Turns out max is 30. I now have a fleet. Plus once again I was delighted that I could "board" every single frigate, walk all over on the outsides, look inside. There isn't much point to it but virtual tourism (if they come back damaged from an expedition, there *is* a go-there and click stuff to repair them element) but it's impressive/fun and grand tourism. I've decided this game is an amusement park, with sandbox elements.

NoMansSky-00156b.jpg

NoMansSky-00152b.jpg

NoMansSky-00155b.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Another Next Fest on Steam which means a bunch more demos. First up Ghostrunner 2.

kvTpPUB.jpg

I never played the first game but it's a first person game with a focus on mobility where you play a cyberpunk ninja. Everything 1 shot kills you so it's all about being fast and precise. There were some HARDCORE stutters in what otherwise ran great. It's a demo so I don't expect it to be well optimized.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Next demo, The Inquisitor.

S0AZhUc.jpg

You play an inquisitor investigating a vampire sighting in an alternate history where Jesus got all types of vengeful.

finVbZJ.jpg

SNojWWF.jpg

It looks like a PS3 game.

kytPBA7.jpg

And runs like complete ass. They have a lot of optimization work to do.

xRNouQr.jpg

Still, y'all know how I love my Eurojank. This could be right up my alley.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Sad 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

What if Bertram is the vampire?

Doubting the vampire's existence is exactly what a vampire would do.

I say you should kill Bertram.

At the very least on grounds of having his journal entry right next to the vampire's. What god fearing person would do that?

Edited by melkathi
  • Haha 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

51 minutes ago, melkathi said:

What if Bertram is the vampire?

My money is on Liliana.

WOiKCtQ.jpg

I'm going to have to examine her thoroughly to make sure.

vJi1j64.jpg

VERY thoroughly. :brows: 

Because you don't want to sentence an innocent to death. You can't be too thorough.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I may have finally found the "forever home" Paradise planet! All I need now is to make a bit of a base. Maybe I'll let this one be the one where I hire an Overseer, so I'll make it a bit bigger.

NoMansSky-00160b.jpg

....maybe I went a little overboard, and not in the best way. :lol: I'll clean it up later.
NoMansSky-00159b.jpg

The funny thing is while I kept trying to place all those landing platforms (I had a temp-display-ships for screenshot idea - sadly 9 platforms is max per base), the random-encounter npc pilot/traders kept landing on them! That red ship below isn't mine, get off my stuff! So I then had to wait for them to fly off before I could move pieces again...I had no idea they'd use player-made platforms. Guess you need more than one, lol

NoMansSky-00162b.jpg

• Like 3

Next demo, The Thaumaturge.

Nc8SEIN.jpg

This game is all over the place. It labels itself an isometric RPG and most of it is played isometric like in the picture above. Here it plays like a detective game and sort of like a point & click. You have powers that let you sense latent emotions left on things and I guess you can detective together events and motivations or something. It's weird.

TNOEoQu.jpg

There's also combat, which kind of sort of takes place in old skool dungeon crawler view with me in the foreground and the enemies in the background. It's turn-based and the little bit in this demo was mostly me punching dudes in the stomach, but also you have this spirit dude who hangs out with you because reasons, y'all probably got a bond or pact or something. It's weird.

5xiggFN.jpg

There are also puzzles. Also, the game takes place in very early 20th century Poland, or, well, Poland didn't exist as a sovereign country at that time, it was still divvied up between Russia, Austria and... I think it was the German Empire at that point, but I imagine people would have still called it Prussia.

3PUgAKp.jpg

Yes, it's THAT Rasputin.

Anyway, this game has me intrigued, I don't know how to feel about it. I'm not sure if it works, but I'm not saying it doesn't work either. For example, the combat felt sort of barebones, but then I looked through the skill "tree" and there are potentially some interesting mechanics, but I didn't get to play with those, so who knows? Production value wise this looks to be quality AA. It looks good in a very good last gen game sort of way.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Next demo, The Talos Principle 2.

MAMc6ll.jpg

It starts out looking like The Talos Principle.

HVT780l.jpg

Not the worst thing in the world since The Talos Principle is one of my favorite games and IMHO the best game Croteam ever developed. But then...

LziHIFG.jpg

But also Greek gods?

c5qdZD0.jpg

This game looks STUNNING.

ZKKLBpS.jpg

XphYi6b.jpg

q7e3wA0.jpg

n4tWXH5.jpg

There are some wall textures I've found that look a bit gnarly if you try to lick them, but overall it looks spectacular.

7vkuAbq.jpg

It's out in less than a month too. 

/rubs hands together

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Gasp! 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Demopalooza continues with Agatha Christie - Murder on the Orient Express.

G5tjJIM.jpg

Everyone's favorite Belgian detective.

8FMrDHP.jpg

Doing detective things.

MySLbSR.jpg

Investigating a murder, as Poirot is wont to do.

2j97R3l.jpg

Wait a minute, what the **** is a FN Five-seven doing in the 1930s? I knew it right away because of the really awkward to hold looking grip (it is!) and the caliber confirmed it. AFAIK that gun didn't come out until late 90s or early 2000s.

iAP4cLg.jpg

A smart phone?

BZEEgbW.jpg

Vape? Wait a minute, is this game taking place in the present?

X3TreRT.jpg

Well, that confirms it. The game takes place in the present, but the train is old-timey and people dress and talk like I imagine people in the 1930s did. What a bizarre design choice to mix 1930s and 2020s. Why would you do this?

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I cleaned up my large base. It's 99% for looks/fun of building ... the npc pilots still visit.
You can go multi-story with the room modules but the auto-mount a ladder when you get close to them mechanic drives me nuts - and you must put those ladders in the center of the claustrophobic rooms - so I don't do that and instead "game the system" to spread a base over more territory then initially allowed. 😛
NoMansSky-00173b.jpg

I have a few pets but I forget about them since they're auto-put away every time you get in/out of your ship. Plus per usual, they're just deco or the silly riding. Or you can try to breed new ones re:colors/size/shape I think. Some are cute tho. The brown one on the right tries to track/find POI's for me but isn't very good at it.
NMS-pets-01.jpg

Not all worlds are grassy biospheres. There's a non-organic lifeform in the below pic - in the game it's obvious because it's rolling around like a boulder. Pretty cool.
NoMansSky-00101b.jpg

This planet matched my ship pretty well I thought. :lol:
NoMansSky-00176b.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 3

Demo Madness keeps rolling along with ARTIFICIAL.

UaBa5Zg.jpg

It's a physics-based puzzle game in the vein of Portal, minus the eponymous portals.

84W7AOQ.jpg

It has a low poly aesthetic, it basically looks like a PS2 game but with modern lighting and particle effects. It's a good aesthetic, looks quite nice IMHO.

ytxsGoG.jpg

Seems decent enough, if unremarkable.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

rly.thumb.jpg.c25b8ab7d2b5df673a7e433b7481254b.jpg

Really, CDPR? Really?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Demomania continues with Star Ocean: The Second Story R.

6qlGATG.jpg

This is a remake of Star Ocean 2 and the second game in this latest batch of Next Fest demos that has me scratching my head at a bizarre design decision.

Ju74Mse.jpg

If it isn't already obvious, they decided to marry 16-bit era sprites with fully rendered modern-ish 3d modeled environments. Why would you do this? The environments are fine and the sprites are great, but they clash. Why not just stick with one art style?

nCTUaih.jpg

Beyond that, this seems like your typical JRPG. It's been forever since I've played a Star Ocean game so I don't know how much the battle system has changed from the original, but it plays very much like a traditional JRPG with a real-time combat system.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Confused 3
  • Gasp! 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The final demo I've played during this installment of Demorama, Hollow Cocoon.

63ZKEBI.jpg

It's that time of year, so I had to play at least one spoopy game.

6XpR9Bn.jpg

dykIqMG.jpg

The demo is quite short, so I didn't need to use them, but there are closets to hide in, so it's likely one of those games where you are collecting items to help you progress while trying to stay out of sight of the monster.

EC0qNkB.jpg

Said monster:

30ZkNnj.jpg

That's where the demo ended.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I got a new  Star Destroyer Freighter on my main save.  :shifty:

NoMansSky-00186b.jpg

NoMansSky-00187b.jpg

Seemingly you must have space combat active (maybe also on Standard, not Minimal) so every 5 system warps or so you get a rescue-freighter when you drop out of warp, which is when these bigger ones may show up. I lucked out and got the biggest version of this Capital style after four reloads/retries, but once again it's only an A-class, not S, but since I suck at the ship combat, I'll take it. Mostly more starting cargo space so less work to max that out (33 vs. 19 starting, in my case) + looks, altho stats/combat abilities do go up a little too. I wish you weren't limited to only having one/your previous goes poof (can't collect them). I suppose you could try to get a different style in multiple saves. Anyhoo, I can now go back to ignoring space combat on this save.

• Like 3

I'm still playing my 2000+ mods Skyrim and pretend that it is Bloodborne.

ii9NK9E.png

3oWX9vq.png

gEPmCZ5.png

Damn, just imagine Elden Ring... but Bloodborne. I want it so hard.

• Like 4

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."