Picture of Your Games the 15th

HoonDing

33 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

So much that I even find myself collecting all the junk I find as if it could all be used for crafting. But I supposed that is not the case this time and I should throw away empty bottles, rags and rotten eggs.

Those rotten eggs are part of a quest that gives you the vorpal sword.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Larian's D&D game. Spoilers for Act 3 (main story)

Spoiler

6he5Bbg.png

uqM7teh.png

Mistakes were made.

vMTb0Av.png

zMA2Qv4.png

It was possible to get the critical path item from his dead body, but not from the pocket. I do not understand why or where the item was.

pUEuK1u.png

At least I was not forced to talk to the corpse (dropped the difficulty at that point).

WuomsrR.png

Attempt #1. A companion was upset because of the civilian casualties, so I tried to wait for Gortash to move, but had to sit through his cut-scene to do so.

qrufmpu.png

G91Hi7Z.png

Didn't quite work on the first try.

Hsn4H3a.png

I had tried the explosives before Telekinesis and I appreciate a lot being able to skip bosses' monologues. 

The final battle:

Spoiler

fkxHBTQ.png

PKrnstw.png

It's almost like I was not meant to pass it.

WPJqbnF.png

Disappointedly, no option to tell them to f*ck off and I didn't want to try to fail the Insight check, considering that it was 10, thus would have taken quite a few reloads.

oEeYz38.png

I am curious why would anyone want to fight against 10+ story-free foes at that point.

63athnl.png

IbHJVr7.png

Kruz the Paladin sacrificed themselves to cast Sanctuary on the Emperor, so he could finish the spell.

Romance:

Spoiler

Bk1DYzk.png

Well, it was possible to "romance" the guardian.

Side quests:

Spoiler

ktLbJ9j.png

The only time I used non-lethal damage. The quest broke, though.

U9ApBZ2.png

Dragging the companions through this thing was most difficult (they required manual movement).

• Confused 1

FLxKpGG.jpg

This was another unique and interesting boss fight.

Lr5G8OX.jpg

You fight 8 giant cubes, 4 on the ground and 4 in the air.

15mfodr.jpg

kQ5sIWH.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Larian's D&D Game.

EUDpPCz.png

Continued my second playthrough. Haven't updated the game, so some of the things might have been fixed with the patch. I discovered that my Str Sorcerer can break most of the doors and walls, thus I got a rogue much later.

The PC's facial animations are still ridiculous and it would have been better if the camera was pointing where the PC was looking at and shown only their back and shoulders.

AjBlObD.png

R6HJbAd.png

0hu2TSW.png

I also was able to recruit Minthara, went with her to the Goblin Camp (to get the explosives), and told the guard that we were there to see Minthara (there was no additional Minthara). Somehow, I doubt that we were supposed to return to the area.

Act 2 spoiler:

Spoiler

fGhO0jC.png

A HDD-related bug - the statue took some time to load and it was needed to get an item to progress.

The Dark Urge Origin spoilers for Act 1.

Spoiler

At some point the Dark Urge Butler (I forgot the name) appeared where the other party members could reach him and initiated a dialogue with the PC. The party got 10XP and the next dialogue with the Butler was just Dark Urgency standing and talking to himself with the Butler's voice.

yT9gUnP.png

OJGY6ca.png

The leggins were looted from a deceased unrecruited companion. I haven't found another source of non-default camp clothes (there will be a merchant in Baldur's Gate), so they are staying.

The final boss of the act was defeated with the help of the explosives and fire arrows and the party reached the third act at level 4 (Minthara at 6) in 4 hours. I found out the "intended" use of the Chest of the Mundane when looking through the patch notes, so the Chest was most helpful.

Spoiler

wyfgrXE.png

• Like 2
  • Gasp! 1

image.pngimage.png

My initial bard, on the left, and my current 'Durge' on the right...

Having spent entirety too many hours in Early Access and even more with the final game... I like it. Is it a perfect game? No, but it's also much better than I was expecting and a fun D&D romp.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

In the good old days that personnel record would be in the physical rulebook, and the game would ask you to enter your Employee Number at some point.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

The Progenitor boss fight.

demRC2P.jpg

The Progenitor is the small blue insect.

hbPlcpF.jpg

It infests these big flying insect things that look like Zerg Overlords from Starcraft. You have to damage the host enough to force The Progenitor out into the open to damage it. It's a battle of attrition and the first boss fight I've beaten on my first try, albeit just barely. I was completely out of relic charges when I defeated it.

The N'Erud area is some sort of space ship that was either built into an asteroid or the asteroid was built around it, I guess.  While the surface looks very much like an asteroid and has flying jellyfish looking robots as enemies, among other things, the interior areas look very Alien, and by that I mean the 1979 movie.

sv4dSXE.jpg

Xuq7ZSP.jpg

The enemies feel that way too. They're not exactly xenomorphs, but they're definitely insectoids. 

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

This was the hardest boss fight I've had so far.

8CnvpIQ.jpg

Against Faceless Void from DOTA 2 Sha'Hala: Guardian of N'Erud.

LtJg1BF.jpg

It's a multi-phase fight and each phase has several different attacks and there doesn't seem to be a pattern to the order the attacks are used.

irBU7Nd.jpg

Even when I figured out what to do for every attack type, it's a long enough fight that it was hard for me to stay clean the entire time, leading to many many deaths.

TuFqbgo.jpg

• Gasp! 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸