Picture of Your Games the 15th

HoonDing

• Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I tried the SteamWorld Build demo from Steam Next Fest.

Uy8LSc5.jpg

Spoken like a true politician. Gunn-Britt Gildenwire 2024.

NKzSD3f.jpg

Seems like a pleasant enough city builder so far. Fairly simplistic, but I'm just scratching the surface, it may get much deeper later on, though that will likely be beyond the scope of the demo. But yeah, so far so good. Nice aesthetic, runs great, and the road building tool is super easy to use and intuitive. Granted, it's grid-based, so building roads is a simple task to begin with, but it still help when the tool works so well that it makes building roads that much faster and easier.

fQKsFer.jpg

The twist is that you both build a city on the surface and build/mine below it in the mine.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Jusant Demo

O3wwWmU.jpg

This game looks a lot like Ico.

URDkS8P.jpg

You climb.

7tyEKa2.jpg

The climbing mechanics are terrific. I can't speak to m&kb controls but this game was definitely made for a controller (it even says that when you start it). The triggers control your right and left hands and you use the left thumbstick to search out for handholds. You can place pitons and jump and swing and it's all really well done and super fun.

aRAdK53.jpg

The demo took me roughly 45 minutes and I immediately wishlisted the game afterward. This could wind up being the sleeper hit of the year, assuming it comes out this year. The demo is really chill and extremely fun. 

Nzbep10.jpg

Hopefully the full game has extra challenges and secrets to find. I'll probably run through the demo again just to look for secrets.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

18 minutes ago, melkathi said:

I was expecting you to try Little Kitty Big City or Ratopolis to be honest.

There's still time. Little Kitty Big City sounds more like a @LadyCrimsongame.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The Invincible demo

7AGoudP.jpg

It very much feels like Firewatch...

D7RZ55Q.jpg

IN SPAAAAAAAAACE

Rh4H0pC.jpg

There's a lot of talking to a faceless voice as you do walking simulator stuff and weird things happens. If nothing else, it looks pretty.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 6/21/2023 at 5:37 AM, Keyrock said:

There's still time. Little Kitty Big City sounds more like a @LadyCrimsongame.

On 6/21/2023 at 9:16 AM, melkathi said:

If she hasn't played it yet, we know the bodysnatchers have invaded.

Never heard of it.
*looks it up*

...definitely cute looking. Especially the hats. Cats definitely need hats.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Cat's Request demo

gwD9CpB.jpg

It's a cyberpunk animal people point & click.

JOyE3Un.jpg

The art style is nice and there's a ton of neon because cyberpunk.

krq1AXx.jpg

The setup is that all AIs without bodies will be banned soon and the AI you created, Root, doesn't have a body. Hence, you need to get a body for Root before the ban takes effect but you have no money. You can switch between the cat dude you play as, I forget his name and I can't be bothered to look it up, and Root, who is essentially a ghost (?), though I didn't find anything that I specifically needed Root to do, so it was kind of pointless within the small section of game presented in the demo. I think I exhausted everything I could do in the demo in the roughly 20 minutes I played. Beyond the art style there's nothing to really set this apart from any other p&c, it's fine, I guess.

• Gasp! 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Cyber Knights: Flashpoint demo

OdhxeKi.jpg

Character customization is locked in the demo but you can choose from 1 of 4 presets. I went with wastelander.

ka04xoe.jpg

In the tradition of XCOM, at one point I missed 5 of 7 "70% chance to hit" attacks.

star-trek-nod.gif

9DmXUjt.jpg

Base management is mostly locked in the demo as is the market.

2lDpMHK.jpg

The game's not going to win any awards for graphics, but it was the political machinations, trying to navigate a web of backstabbing and deception, that I really liked in Star Traders: Frontiers, and, from the bit I played in the demo, Cyber Knights: Flashpoint seems to have that in spades and will let you make choices that can take you down very different paths, for good or bad. 

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew demo

gqskKG5.jpg

The game looks lovely with a great art style and vibrant colors fitting of the tropical setting.

vhRuHgu.jpg

Gameplay is great, Mimimi have single-handedly resurrected the real-time stealth tactics genre. They know what they're doing.

ZWyRyWg.jpg

I'm not done with the demo yet, it's longer than I expected. As usual for these types of games, one of the very few genres I'm actually good at, I'm playing on the hardest difficulty, which in this case is "cursed". I always try to go pacifist. I did Shadow Tactics 100% pacifist (cut scenes don't count, I have no control over those) and Desperados 3 completely pacifist until the final showdown which, after trying everything I could come up with for like 2 or 3 hours, I determined was impossible to complete without killing the people. Looks like I'm going to have to kill custodes in this game, since knocking them out doesn't seem to break their spell, but I will try to not kill anyone else, if at all possible.

r8ouXu3.jpg

The game ran like a champ max settings at 4K. No crashes, no glitches, no stutters. Just buttery smooth.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸