Picture of Your Games the 15th

HoonDing

Well, occasionally I still play that game. One of these days I'm even going to finish Act 2 with the Sisters.

The other day I was able to get a match where I managed to complete the objectives, and, in fact, smack down every single enemy as they passed all the rout checks. I think that was a first for me, and I do have quite a few hours in this game...

276810_20221206005019_1.png

Edited by marelooke
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Expeditions: Rome.
The location design is impressive, considering the perspective.
?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Also, the surface effects, which are somehow more user-friendly than in DOS2.

The timers are not so much.

The dialogues are interesting. Not quite "I don't like you. Die!", though.

Edited by Hawke64
I am glad to see that I can link Steam screenshots.
  • Like 1

HogwartsLegacy_2-7-2023_1-42-41_PM-990.j

Note: the chr. creation felt generic vs. an ability to make a unique looking chr, but at least the creation screen wasn't a total lie vs. in-game result.
HogwartsLegacy_2-7-2023_1-48-39_PM-657.j

This is the sorting hat thing, not an outfit, but I am looking forward to maybe finding silly wearables...
HogwartsLegacy_2-7-2023_1-58-16_PM-316.j

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ok, got my first cheap cloth wizard hat out of some chest.  :lol: Also, ooo, pretty. ;)

HogwartsLegacy_2-7-2023_6-21-18_PM-642.j

• Haha 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

OH, OH, OH, Ansel photo works with this game! I don't have an distance-border/situation unlocker like I did for FFXV. but it works with my Ansel hotkey, no Experience install required. I wonder if any other games were like that and I never noticed/realized. Game fun-o-meter for me just went up three-fold! :lol:

Hogwarts-00003.jpg

Hogwarts-00002.jpg

But more importantly!

Hogwarts-00001.jpg

Sadly, no camera unlock script means I can't use it at certain times, like when you actually pet the cat. Probably won't work during combat either, is my guess. Good enough tho!

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1

Created my witch:

q8KGW16.jpg

No matter what your character is going to sound British so the look I went for was an offspring of a British man and Thai woman, let's say he was a soldier and was stationed in Thailand. White hair doesn't really fit the mold, but I just think white hair looks awesome, especially with a darker skin tone. As an aside, hair looks really good in this game. Even now, in 2023, there are still many games where up close the hair looks pretty bad and/or weirdly plastered on the head. It looks quite natural in this game.

k6UVA1N.jpg

I probably should have turned the frame rate display off for the pictures. Oops.:blush: 

uRGegDQ.jpg

Edit: Got my sweet Slytherin robe:

QfcF6F7.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

Keyrock is clearly roleplaying a 21 Jump Street scenario at Hogwarts. That kid looks older than the professors. :p

You're just intimidated by my sheer presence. You're probably from one of those other 3 [mutters under breath]lesser[/mutters under breath] houses. It's okay, not everyone has the drive and ambition to be House Slytherin.

UXTvrR4.jpg

sqiK8Wr.jpg

Can pet kitty, confirmed.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

9 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

Hogwarts-00005.jpg

...what kind of game am I playing? :lol:

The cat on top is giving you a dirty look. "This is a private party, make yourself scarce."

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Nothing to see here, move on!… 😝

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

3 hours ago, Keyrock said:

You're just intimidated by my sheer presence. You're probably from one of those other 3 [mutters under breath]lesser[/mutters under breath] houses. It's okay, not everyone has the drive and ambition to be House Slytherin.

Ravenclaw 4 lyfe, yo.

• Like 1

I'll see your new threads and raise you...

Hogwarts-00010.jpg

...also found a leather version of a wizard hat somewhere.
Hogwarts-00011.jpg

I like the "transmog" concept in this game. Tiny gear inventory but everything you buy/pickup for even an instant becomes a skin you can apply to anything you actually wear. Or make the gear slot invisible. So I just sell EVERYTHING but what current best-stat I'm wearing. I've been occasonally buying stuff I like just for the skin, then immediately sell it again. 

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

I'll see your new threads and raise you...

Hogwarts-00010.jpg

...also found a leather version of a wizard hat somewhere.
Hogwarts-00011.jpg

I like the "transmog" concept in this game. Tiny gear inventory but everything you buy/pickup for even an instant becomes a skin you can apply to anything you actually wear. Or make the gear slot invisible. So I just sell EVERYTHING but what current best-stat I'm wearing. I've been occasonally buying stuff I like just for the skin, then immediately sell it again. 

I agree. I've written about this before, separating appearance and stats should be the standard in every 3rd person view game. Cyberpunk 2077 has this exact same system, and that's a 1st person view game. For all the (deserved) criticism that CDPR got for Cyberpunk, I have to praise them for implementing separation of appearance and stats in a game where 98% of the time you don't even see your character model. Honestly, going forward, any AAA or AA studio that makes a 3rd person view game that doesn't separate appearance and stats should be ashamed. I can give tiny indie teams working on a shoestring budget a pass, but any sizeable studio filled with experienced programmers and designers worth their salt should be able to implement separate appearance and stat clothing slots quickly and easily.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

^ Was that in Cyberpunk? I don't remember that at all, but I didn't play it very far and my memory is pffft. 😄  
But yeah, all games with a large focus on tons of outfit looks should do it, imo.

1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

^ Was that in Cyberpunk? I don't remember that at all, but I didn't play it very far and my memory is pffft. 😄  
But yeah, all games with a large focus on tons of outfit looks should do it, imo.

I don't think it was in the game initially but it's in the game now. I started Cyberpunk after patch 1.6, so they added that at some point 1.6 or before. The implementation is different, but the result is the same. In the wardrobe in any of your apartments you can set outfits and there are 5 or 6 outfit sets you can create for quick change of style. You can create outfits from any pieces of clothing that have ever been in your inventory, even if you couldn't equip them because of level restrictions. This has no effect on stats. As long as you have one of the outfit sets active changing a clothing item in your inventory doesn't change your appearance, just your stats.

Like you, I just sell all my unused clothing in Hogwarts, except legendaries, unless I have a legendary for that slot that is superior. I sell all common, superb, and extraordinary clothing items. 

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I have my broom, I have my Room of Requirement, they keep sending me to learn ever more spells or broom upgrades or whatever else - when do I get to have Beasts ?? ;( I keep seeing them in the wild, they run away (I don't have ability to catch/tame them I guess?) or ones in at camps in cages with locks. For that matter, who teaches lockpicking? lol Maybe the next one....

Hogwarts-00013.jpg

Hogwarts-00012.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Gasp! 1

Professor Ersatz Keanu:

0qet8S1.jpg

Finally got a broom:

bdIgATH.jpg

First thing I did during the flying tutorial is invert the flying controls. In my mind inverted should be default, but I guess not everyone grew up on flight/space sims.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸