Picture of Your Games the 15th

HoonDing

Have bucket, will travel.
Stray-0016a.jpg

Paper bag on head, because of course you can cat.
Stray-0023a.jpg

Took me a while to notice that (a tiny robot) B-12's eyes were visible from the backpack on the cat. Which is cute.
Stray-0022a.jpg

These things are not cute. They're like a cross between alien ticks and those head crab things in Halo. ๐Ÿ˜
Stray-0024a.jpg

• Like 6
โ€œThings are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.โ€ โ€“ Alan Watts

The game is artistically very nice, imo. The environment is very atmospheric/dystopian.
Stray-0026a.jpg

...with occasional almost horror atmosphere.
Stray-0027a.jpg

Also, more "zurks", because while they're not cute, I do find them sorta funny. Even moreso when animated and making their weird squeaking noises.

Stray-0028a.jpg

Stray-0029a.jpg

• Like 4
โ€œThings are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.โ€ โ€“ Alan Watts

*Tries not to spam images of Stray .... fails*
====================
Mommeeeee!
Stray-0030a.jpg

WTF? ... hmm. A.I. - A.Eye. Ahhh, horror joke. Maybe.
Stray-0032a.jpg

That's better.
Stray-0031a.jpg

Stray-0033a.jpg

Stray-0037a.jpg

Stray-0035a.jpg

• Like 5

Sorry, one more...I got tired of being orange. Plus, a hat. Because adorable.

Stray-0038a.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Gasp! 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's so hard to get a picture of a "base" in one shot, without mega-FoV distortion.
It's also funny how I don't like "platformers" yet I will build ground bases where jumping all over the place is required. Go figure. This one is is me refurbishing a tiny 1-story guard house. The streetlight was already there, makes a good front area spotlight. I blocked around it so it wouldn't shine into the base itself cause that was annoying graphically. >.> And it makes a good "bridge".
7DtD-A20-032.jpg

This shows "structure stability". Green is good, red is bad. Although you're always going to get reddish on blocks extending outwards and it doesn't mean it's always fragile in terms of walking on it. Stability just means how many blocks can you extend/add on without a collapse disaster for lack of support. Also shows that the pic above is just the topside. The main base stuff is underground in this one.

7DtD-A20-030.jpg
ย 

....where one goes to relax with a good book after a hard day of mining and looting.
7DtD-A20-031.jpg

ย 

That's only one of the "bases" I've built on a single map. Yup, a great time waster indeed.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 3

I see a park gazebo with a bright central light ... I think "already has half a perimeter wall built, and that light is useful."ย 
(You can place lots of dev-only lights/blocks/things in the world if you want, like neon signs, but I have no idea how, if even possible, to make them "active" vs.ย  staying dark/inanimate) (edit- there's a few player-electric traps and lights these days but it's limited, too many steps and I don't bother with it most of the time)
7DtD-A20-033.jpg

Five or so hours later ... could do more, but bored again and it's only a "side/storage base", time to move on. ๐Ÿ˜› ย 
Also, as I wander, I have this need to clean up all litter in the game, whacking every piece of paper, trash bag, broken car, broken glass, over-turned chair, and rock/metal rubble away. Can't have a messy, garbage infested looking world! I guess it's akin to having to open every loot container even tho you know it's just going to be maybe the millionth iron pipe and feathers that you don't need...

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 3

My robot waifu:ย :wub:

gZSxnko.jpeg

The queen and her servant sending me on a mission to let the people of Paris eat cake:

LY5HngY.png

These vestals serve as the game's bonfires:

24nJNZN.jpeg

9OhXpwL.jpeg

Side note: On xXxBOxXx this game has 3 graphics quality settings: Favor framerate, favor graphics, and favor resolution. I am, of course, playing on the favor framerate setting. There is some texture pop-in, but other than that it looks decent enough so far.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธRFK Jr 2024๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I beat Steelrising's second and third (mini?) bosses, the Unstable Lightning Ram:

A6CzF79.jpeg

And the Unstable Forger:

YDomMPX.jpeg

Both of them were quite easy, the Unstable Lancer was significantly harder than either of his brethren that followed, largely because he was fast. These 2 chumps were slow as molasses. Come to think of it, if the French had spent more time and resources on QA, they could have had stable versions.ย ๐Ÿค”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My favorite thing in the game is finding new clothing, not so much for the stats (those are nice too), but for fashion purposes:

jpTl4s5.jpeg

My previous hat made me look super mysterious during conversations, though:

olWErKo.png

The game features famous figures from the French Revolution, like Robespierre:

kc69yTq.png

The 4th boss, Unstable Statuary Ram:

rD6vW2B.jpeg

Like the last 2 bosses, this chump was super slow and thus quite easy, you can kite him for days. I mean, his attacks did look like they would do huge amounts of damage; it doesn't mean anything if they never land.

• Like 2

I defeated my first true boss of the game, The Selenite of the Louvre:

2kbEWQB.png

These are known as Titans and defeating them grants you a power, air dash in this case.

Un3hI3G.png

There are 3 phases to the battle. In phase 2 she sets her shield on fire and rapid fires electric projectiles at you from time to time. In phase 3 she electrifies her sickle and becomes much more aggressive.

sVAOvNZ.jpeg

I defeated her on my second try. As an aside, this game has a multitude of difficulty options to tailor the experience to suit your taste. I haven't touched them and am playing on the default developer intended difficulty.

3myeany.jpeg

Beating the titan also had me saving the life of Jean Sylvain Bailly.

VKeW2SF.png

In real life he got the guillotine eventually, but since this is alternative history, who knows?

nsWdjLx.png

• Like 2

I'm spamming this thread so much that you'd think that I work for Hormel Foods.:shifty:

Another day another Titan defeated, this time it's the Bishop of the Cรญte:

h0wlcxO.jpeg

Much like the last Titan, there are 3 phases.

J5pqAE1.jpeg

Much like the last Titan, I defeated it on the second try.

0MKzwW6.jpeg

Defeating this Titan gave me the grappling hook ability, letting me Spiderman to previously unreachable locations:

vGz9vcT.jpeg

I also saved Anne Louis Henri de La Fare in the process:

18MhEaT.jpeg

Seemingly, these historical figures are used to power the Titans, thus the Titans resemble a warped version of said figure.

• Like 1

Another Titan defeated, the Alchemist of Luxembourg:

VZVriuL.jpeg

The fella I saved this time was Antoine Lavoisier:

9aZMvOP.png

More importantly, I got some spiffy new threads:

gXPMDzR.jpeg

• Like 2