What You've Done Today - Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life

Hurlshort

12 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I thought  it was mandatory as part of the job interview process as a moderator to have played and loved  PoE?

nicetheory.jpg.9528ef49700d13f0c0ff548f7a8c0463.jpg

13 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Please tell me you joking about not playing W3? Its my second favorite RPG of all time 

I haven't played any of the Witcher games. 

• Gasp! 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

On 6/10/2022 at 6:27 PM, LadyCrimson said:

It's 102F/38.88889C

too-hot-cat.jpg

Second straight day of 99⁰F. Tomorrow is also supposed to be 99⁰F.

Wu7ClBF.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It was 50-60 F for most of the day today...a bit warm for my tastes. Lake Superior not pulling its weight, :down:.

Spoiler

:p

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

4 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

It was 50-60 F for most of the day today...a bit warm for my tastes. Lake Superior not pulling its weight, :down:.

Reveal hidden contents

:p

Yuck it up. In 6 months you'll be buried under 2 feet of snow. :shifty:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Sad 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 minute ago, Keyrock said:

Yuck it up. In 6 months you'll be buried under 2 feet of snow. :shifty:

Yeah, that's literally what I thought of as I was writing that. I only have to shovel a foot of snow a few dozen times each winter to make up for it... Still, it's very nice to have 10% of the entire world's fresh water supply right next to you.

• Thanks 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

It hit 101 F here today, with the added humidity of being in a swamp making it feel like 110 F. This summer is gonna be HOT.

• Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Says almost everyone who watches these videos: "That looks fairly simple (it is, kinda), I bet I can master that and look like them in no time"...
But 98% are gonna discover they instead look like that adorable guy in the red shirt.  I love this video tho because props to him. Who cares what you look like, if ya wanna move to the beat and join in, just do it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

288215373_5409454069112781_7066639490868

The effects of free space path loss on massive MIMO beamforming  when propagated through air of varying density and temperature. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

14 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I've failed as a parent. My son is pretending to be a cat.

but admit it, you would be ecstatic if he were pretending to be the sisko... maybe even quark. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I've failed as a parent. My son is pretending to be a cat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

am forced to admit the one cat impersonation we wouldn't be embarrassed by is originating from a most unlikely source: a former dallas cowboy.

The Life & Legacy of FVSU Alum Rayfield Wright

"Following the conclusion of his career, Wright prioritized giving back by raising money for college scholarships through the Rayfield Wright Foundation, helping to start a home for at-risk boys in East Texas, and supporting charities like the Make-A-Wish Foundation."

HA! Good Fun!

• Sad 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

Warhammer 40K

We just started a Rogue Trader campaign, we were supposed to play tomorrow but our Navigator player has to work, so we're putting it off until next week when we all start our vacations. I'm really looking forward to not playing the rogue trader himself but a void master this time. Last campaign I had to run the RT and I didn't really get into the role until the later stages. We ran a fairly straight laced crew last time, but this time we're all playing pretty on the opposite spectrum, the navigator is a massively grotesque mutated monster, the rogue trader is a spoiled brat that just wants to have fun, and I'm some sort of genetic crossbreed ("False Man" background package), between an astartes and sororitas, if I had to guess by my ability scores. I managed to roll an average of 17 and some change on 9 2d10 attributes, it's kind of insane, anyway - totally clueless about human interactions, and very much outside of the imperial cult, though not in the typical "hail satan!!!" way. We just started though and got through the introductions and started to dip our toes into the Koronus expanse, basically doing a little errand before we start to get going properly. That said I really miss my Augmenticist RT, I was starting to have alot of fun just as the girlfriend of one of the players decided to squeeze out her first baby, so that got put on hold. I really want to play around with all my new toys, but that might be influenced by the fact that our new crews profit factor is abysmal compared to what we used to have. 😄 That said, this time around we have a pretty nice light cruiser to mess around with instead of a transporter!

• Like 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

10 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

Triathlon.

Anyone who wants to kidnap you better been in Olympic level shape. If you can't out run them you'd out ride them. And if that didn't work you'd outswim them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

Anyone who wants to kidnap you better been in Olympic level shape. If you can't out run them you'd out ride them. And if that didn't work you'd outswim them.

I don't know, I feel pretty mediocre at all 3 most of the time. 

31ppFh8081L.jpg

I love the variety, but I can't keep up with the masters swimmers in the water, and I'm about to go get dropped by my cycling group today on our ride. Sometimes I run well. 😉

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

Or just ambush him while he sleeps.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's my sister's birthday today but we celebrated yesterday. I took her and her boyfriend out for sushi and afterward to a baseball game. The Charlotte Knights hosted the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp (I swear I'm not making that up) and lost, but at least they made it exciting; the Knights had the bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th. Anyway, a good time was had.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Happy Father's Day to those of you that have forked. Well, and kept track of the child PID, so to speak 😛

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, bugarup said:

I ordered my first blood pressure measuring apparatus today. I feel so ancient now, and it feels that the logical thing to buy next is an urn. 😟

Blood pressure apparatus are an important part in understanding hidden health problems caused by things  like bad diet, stress,  lack of exercise and hereditary, genetic high blood pressure

You want to know because their are lots of solutions like lifestyle changes and medication. But high blood pressure is a silent killer so these types of apparatus make sense to understand the problem

What is the reason you bought a blood pressure monitor?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela