Qatar 2022 - The Thread!

Katphood

Worst part is all the Euros gloating because they danced vs ROK.  :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

7 minutes ago, Sarex said:

We'll never hear the end of it if they win the whole thing...

Doubt it, they were getting opened up but Brazil was taking shots right at him if they even did.   This World Cup is showing you need a good ol' striker to attack the ball.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

6 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

Just to think even now England thinks they can win it.

Don't those scum always think so ?

2 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

I didn't watch any of the games, so I could be wrong, but I don't think it was meant to mock them. Dancing is pretty common in Brazilian goal celebrations.

I really can't see how it is.  Mostly felt by pearl clutching by people who more likely than not call the opposing team's players **** or mother****er, etc.

Who gives a damn about them dancing or not? Seriously, some people.

That said, this WC is officially over for all I care, all that's left is rooting for Morocco to win the damned thing for a bit of a shakeup. :p

• Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Dutch offense is non existent. Highlight so far is Messi not getting carded for a blatant handball for....reasons.

10 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Dutch offense is non existent.

Well, they're pretty efficient. One shot, one goal. Not bad. Maybe the last five minutes will make up for the rest of the game.

• Haha 1

Argentina players always have to be such pricks :lol:

EDIT : Okay, fine, guess the Dutch heard I was belittling them....

Edited by Malcador

Surprised there were no red cards. That foul, combined with kicking the ball at the Dutch substitute bench, and the Dutch player running over the Argentinian player, well, dunno, feels like there should have been at least one, if not two.

On the other hand, the Dutch are pretty much immune to getting red cards for attacks, so why am I surprised? :p

Edited by majestic

Was worried we'd have another Nuremberg

25 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

So is every match going to end on PKs from now on?

It is how Morocco will win the Cup

Biggest upset so far but well done Croatia. There defense was excellent and they came through in PK's

PK's are not the ideal outcome but you have to have an end after extra time. 

But today are huge games, dont forget we all need to get behind England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Sarex said:

Never thought I'd see Insónias em Carvão's work at Obsidian. He is world famous in Portugal 

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: