Qatar 2022 - The Thread!

Katphood

Well looks like Canada's toast, haha.  Going to leave with zero points, I love it, all the media here can choke on that.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had me worried, they really let Canada back in the game in 2nd half.  Belgium gone too, although they've played terribly.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

22 hours ago, Malcador said:

Poland advancing pretty much to be cut up by France next round, hah. 

Most likely that's exactly what's going to happen. I guess my only hope is Lewandowski pulling some magic out of his ass.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I want to kick Flick in the head.

49 minutes ago, Malcador said:

****ing weebs. 😛

ドイツのチームが悪いので私はウィアブーなんだか?

Not really rooting for Japan here, just against Germany. Would not really have made a difference if it had been Japan and Germany out. :p

Here's to hoping karma will keep biting them until Manuel 'The Knee' Neuer quits playing. Well, he, and everyone else involved in that ridiculous show at the airport back in 2014. So, the pertinent question now is: Wie gehen die Deutschen?

Spoiler

Don't know, but they're going home for sure.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

13 minutes ago, majestic said:

Here's to hoping karma will keep biting them until Manuel 'The Knee' Neuer quits playing. Well, he, and everyone else involved in that ridiculous show at the airport back in 2014

Why do you say the knee ? And what happened at the airport ?

I think I'll root for France, just want to see Giroud win another WC :lol:

Just now, Malcador said:

Why do you say the knee ? And what happened at the airport ?

Well, first this very clear yellow card by Higuain, because, uhm, why would it not be:

Well, and apparently it wasn't at the airport, but at the Brandenburg Gate: :p

Classic German behaviour. :shrugz:

I'd say karma is a bitch, but I don't really believe in the concept.

Ahh, ok.  Hey, he got the ball! 😛

Oddly I don't really mind seeing Argentines get knocked about, bunch of irritating **** every WC I watch them in.

Edited by Malcador
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Ahh, ok.  Hey, he got the ball! 😛

Nicola Rizzoli was the referee for the 2014 WC final and the Germany - France semifinal in the Euro 2016, and right before the game the German football commentator was complaining hard about the UEFA putting Rizzoli in charge of the game because "he is for sure going to try and make up for 2014". :p

10 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Oddly I don't really mind seeing Argentines get knocked about, bunch of irritating **** every WC I watch them in.

Well, that's fair enough. :p

• Haha 1

That shoulder on Kramer was definitely intentional as well 😛

• Gasp! 1

Im disappointed Germany is going home :(

@Lexx what happened?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

18 hours ago, Malcador said:

Well looks like Canada's toast, haha.  Going to leave with zero points, I love it, all the media here can choke on that.

I love your  support for your country, it always moves me 🇨🇦

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Im disappointed Germany is going home :(

@Lexx what happened?

I don't watch football and sure as hell will not watch this one.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I love your  support for your country, it always moves me 🇨🇦

For stuff as trivial as sports, it's more fun to feed off the misery of the fans as they fail.  Why do you think I still bother with Arsenal ?

• Haha 1

Big games today. Im supporting the US, England, Poland and Australia to win ⚽

John Milton 

US was never going to beat Netherlands.  Australia beating Argentina would be something but that's not happening either, I think.

• Thanks 1

It's really unpleasant that it's like this, but I am extremely happy that Serbia are out. I'm sure no one at all was surprised when it was the Serbian fans who engaged in racistic chants and it took FIFA ages to react to it.

There will be no acknowledgment of the fan problem in Serbia, of course. It will be someone else's fault, of course. I suppose the same will hold in the Dusan Petkovic case: the former Serbia international, who got into the 2006 WC team thanks to blatant nepotism, was caught in the act of smuggling 115 kilograms of cocaine. Come on! That's for personal use only, one weekend with the boys. No way is he guilty of anything.

Edited by xzar_monty
  • Hmmm 1

England is through 🥂

Now that most our teams have been knocked out its time to get behind one of the remaining teams, who is supporting England to win? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

John Milton 

52 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

who is supporting England to win? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

They should be permabanned once they confess.

• Gasp! 1