What are you Playing Now? Who needs a life anyway?...

uuuhhii

Finished Syberia 4, that was good. Didn't feel like forcing myself to finish it like 3, the story was much more interesting even if the premise is simple. No ill explained antagonist, other than Cantin that is an adventure game protagonist in his own right, heh.   Hopefully they'll make another game even if Sokal died.

Although, the pre homo sapiens lifeform learning English in 2 years is pretty funny.  Not all that keen on them being a focus in a potential 5

Edited by Malcador
  • Thanks 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So I search the entire map in Control just to get to the research sector. In the end I can't find it so I check YouTube.

Turns out you just have to turn around, walk down the hallway and take the elevator. 

The mini map in this game is awful. It payed off to wait and play it on the PS5 though. 60fps ftw! 

Edited by Katphood
  • Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Ive been busy this week with work issues so I havent finished  with my Oblivion mods, Im about 80 % done so I will definitely start  playing Oblivion this weekend 🐲

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Katphood said:

So I search the entire map in Control just to get to the research sector. In the end I can't find it so I check YouTube.

Turns out you just have to turn around, walk down the hallway and take the elevator. 

I never had any issues with navigating Control. I am pretty sure the game heavily points to you that you should use elevator to access new areas. 

Back to Hades. I kinda suck at it with the default weapon and much prefer the gun or spear, but it is something that I find really fun to play.

Finished the replay of PoE. It was pretty fun, even though it feels like I exploited some things (namely Priest accuracy stacking) to **** the balance up, but I don't care.

Deadfire. Just started, but the music and aesthetics are probably the best out of any party-based RPG I've played.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I've been struggling to get much time for gaming, and I'm distracted by a bunch of real world stuff, so I've just been loading up Battle Brothers, setting it to Ironman at the max difficulty, and trying different scenarios until my band gets massacred. It is surprisingly fun.

Destiny 2 might be taking up too much of my gaming time. I think I need to cut back and do some of those cyberpunk indie games. I've got Anno: Mutationem and Lacuna on my plate and am pretty excited to give check them out.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Know what I like about Diablo3 on PS4? That you can play with "yourself" by running the game three times with different "user accounts" on the same single device. So I can take my main chr. on account 1 and drag 1-3 other characters behind me to increase difficulty and drop rates, as well as easy in-game access to tons of mule chrs. on those other user accounts. Make as many user accounts as you want for endless and well organized mule accounts etc.

The only other time I remember being able to do similar with a PC game was Borderlands 1, where I was able to alt-tab out of that game and click/start a 2nd running copy (on same PC) to then join/mule/drag a chr. around etc. I'm sure there were other PC games you could do that too but I didn't play (or just don't remember) them. Do PC games still let you do that sort of thing anymore, or has all the digital, online/account and drm measures = never...outside of maybe some indie games here and there?

At any rate, I finally got past Greater Rift 70 last week and can get Primal Ancient items now. My main Necro is at Paragon Level 809. I don't use any "meta build" so my damage is still pretty low for the last difficulty (T16) but T15 is now pretty easy. Chance for Primals is all I wanted. The chance is really low, but I have gotten a few.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Completed Sword of the Necromancer.
It is an action game with rogue-like elements, most of which can be disabled, and an emotional and touching story.
There are several dungeon floors. The layout, including loot and monsters, is generated randomly, while bosses at the end of each floor are set. Numerous upgradable weapons and artifacts allow to create different character builds, but the inventory is quite limited - 4 active items, 4 more in the backpack, 16 can be stored at the base.
The titular Sword of the Necromancer allows to raise and later summon the monsters defeated. They count as equipment, take 1 inventory slot, and can level up with random bonuses. Once defeated as summons, it is impossible to revive them again.
The controls are partially rebindable, mice are partially supported - LMB always corresponds the main sword, RMB can be switched.
The pixel art is clear, stylish and consistent, all text is easy to read. The soundtrack is adequate, with the final song being quite memorable. All dialogues are voiced and the VA is excellent.
---
Replayed Journey.
It is an adventure game with light action and platforming elements. The controls and gameplay are minimalistic - you need to reach the gates at the end of each stage. In order to do so, you might need to interact with the environment or jump. The character development system uses glyphs scattered around levels. Each found glyph allows one more midair jump/flap. Visually, the progression is represented by the protagonist’s scarf, which grows longer with each acquired symbol. Also the robe gains more embroidery after each NG cycle. There are some stealth elements and hostile NPC, but no combat - it is impossible to harm them, the only form of interaction with NPC and PC is producing sounds. When the player is in the area of effect of the sound field, their scarf restores its charge.
The story follows a nameless and faceless person who is trying to reach a light atop of a mountain.
The visual style and soundtrack are gorgeous and fit the game well. The character models and environments use simple and expressive forms and colours to communicate the information, though there are material physics and post-processing.
There is an opt-out multiplayer - a player might join a session randomly. In order to play with an NPC companion, it is necessary to switch Steam to offline mode.

The game does look lovely and is reasonably short, but feels somehow hollow. Still, it is better than ABZU, Pathless (the one with a pet bird), and Lost Ember in terms of narrative.
---
Currently playing Aragami 2. Unlike the first part, it has combat, the protagonist can jump, and the game uses mission-based structure. Somehow reminds of Dishonored. So far so good.

On 3/25/2022 at 1:27 PM, BruceVC said:

Ive been busy this week with work issues so I havent finished  with my Oblivion mods, Im about 80 % done so I will definitely start  playing Oblivion this weekend 🐲

@melkathi and @Wormerine

I wasnt going to make this post because  I hate being wrong  about mods and Elder Scroll games but I have hit a problem with  my Mods....I havent started playing Oblivion yet because I have spent the last 5 hours or so troubleshooting an issue with the  Better Cities  mod...anyway I believe I may resolve the issue soon :grin:

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/16513/

• Haha 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

And you haven't even gotten to everyone running around in T-Pose, or the body replacer not doing anything :)

Any specific compatibility conflict you can think of?

Some other mod may be changing something minor this mod is changing as well, which neither even thought important enough to list...

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Decided to learn how to play HOI4, so will spend time on that and hopefully avoid the PDX DLC trap.

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 minute ago, Malcador said:

Decided to learn how to play HOI4, so will spend time on that and hopefully avoid the PDX DLC trap.

One of us, One of us!

• Haha 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Stellaris

My first time playing spiritualists in a long time. So it's my first time seeing the Machine Uprising since back in the days when that was a crisis.

Anyway, it ruined my empire. Half my planets lost pretty much all their buildings and my people are abandoning due to not having places to live.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tale said:

Stellaris

My first time playing spiritualists in a long time. So it's my first time seeing the Machine Uprising since back in the days when that was a crisis.

Anyway, it ruined my empire. Half my planets lost pretty much all their buildings and my people are abandoning due to not having places to live.

stellaris system really cannot handle a actual civil war the way other paradox game does

planet are most likely specialized and losing any planet other the basic resource ones would be devastating

5 hours ago, melkathi said:

Plot twist:

Hurlsnot isn't actually a renamed Hurlshot, but his son, who is playing Elex II co-op with Hurlshot.

The most accurate test of " is this the real Hurlshot " is simple. If he uses corporal punishment in the game its not Hurlshot :thumbsup:

John Milton 

14 hours ago, melkathi said:

And you haven't even gotten to everyone running around in T-Pose, or the body replacer not doing anything :)

Any specific compatibility conflict you can think of?

Some other mod may be changing something minor this mod is changing as well, which neither even thought important enough to list...

Interesting update, I removed some duplicate mod  versions and confirmed all  rules were consistent and now its stable so it looks like Im good to go :dancing:

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Man, Control has me hooked to the SCP Foundation. It's OK. I don't feel shame. This is Pokémon for grown-ups.

As for Elden Ring, working on your class is just as addicting as ever. I have a Warrior but I am not sure if I want to invest in the whole 'bleed' build. Looks tempting but certain enemies I prefer engaging from a distance and that's where the incantations come in. 

I wonder if @Majek is playing Elden Ring. I remember it was fun discussing different builds in Bloodborne with that guy...and now I want to play Bloodborne again!

• Like 4

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

10 hours ago, Tale said:

Stellaris

Last time I played, machine uprising was also very badly tuned. The machines were basically gifted fleets equipped with tech that didn't exist yet, and in numbers that dwarfed what I (not to mention neighboring empires) had. Consensus around the time was that if that happened to you, it was basically game over, that's how badly adjusted it was. I don't know if they ever got around to fixing it.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

On 3/28/2022 at 4:54 PM, Hurlsnot said:

I reached level 20 in Elex II and I'm working through some issues I have with my Dad. The family dynamics in this game are very realistic.

I'm lev 14 and debating which faction to join. It will probably be either the Berserkers or Albs, since I want magic to take advantage of the points I've been pumping into Intelligence (to get the skills that give you more AP & XP ASAP). Nasty won't be too keen on me joining the Berserkers. I'm not sure how she feels about the Albs, but that's probably the safer bet if I want to get into her hot pants, and I do. Plus, Albs have cooler looking armor and plasma rifles.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

14 hours ago, 213374U said:

Last time I played, machine uprising was also very badly tuned. The machines were basically gifted fleets equipped with tech that didn't exist yet, and in numbers that dwarfed what I (not to mention neighboring empires) had. Consensus around the time was that if that happened to you, it was basically game over, that's how badly adjusted it was. I don't know if they ever got around to fixing it.

Machine Uprisings never survive. They're a joke. They don't have a good economy and they have pretty pitiful fleets. It's the damage they do to the planets that sucks.

I had three titans and a colossus by the time they took over half my empire. Set three of them to a planet, set the fourth to chase after the one 2 star fleet the machines had, and it was all but over. It's just going to be tedious as heck to rebuild all those planets. 

I don't remember them ever being good. I may have never been on the receiving end before, but I have constantly tried to help them survive their uprising. It always fails. One time I had a Machine only federation, but they got upset when my allies started a teensy little purge and refused to join us. Then died shortly after. You can pump them full of resources and they won't do anything with it.