Funny Stuff Cantina

Hurlshort

qmx0sknirae81.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg

vmvmjpnirae81.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I see neither. I guess that makes me no-brained 😔

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

21 minutes ago, Raithe said:

277466192_4422788874487192_5488489717122

Marx may have been German, but his ideas inspired Vladimir Lenin and the Bolshevik Revolution, which set off the chain of events that, at least in part, have led us to present day events.

That said, removing the Karl Marx study room, which I'm assuming means a study group of Marx and his philosophies and not the physical removal of a room or it being renamed, is an idiotic, but all too typical reaction in the times we live in. People like Karl Marx, or Ayn Rand for that matter, should be studied and discussed so that we can pass on what insight we can from their interesting but flawed and potentially dangerous ideas. Sweeping them under the rug doesn't actually do anything positive (quite the opposite, in fact) but creates the illusion of caring on the most shallow, surface, zero brain cell "Russia Bad" level.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

Marx may have been German, but his ideas inspired Vladimir Lenin and the Bolshevik Revolution, which set off the chain of events that, at least in part, have led us to present day events.

That said, removing the Karl Marx study room, which I'm assuming means a study group of Marx and his philosophies and not the physical removal of a room or it being renamed, is an idiotic, but all too typical reaction in the times we live in. People like Karl Marx, or Ayn Rand for that matter, should be studied and discussed so that we can pass on what insight we can from their interesting but flawed and potentially dangerous ideas. Sweeping them under the rug doesn't actually do anything positive (quite the opposite, in fact) but creates the illusion of caring on the most shallow, surface, zero brain cell "Russia Bad" level.

removing or altering historical facts is what causes the proverbial "those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it". 

• Like 2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.