Funny Stuff Cantina

Hurlshort

3 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Actually in the wonderful world of engineering all measurements are metric. 

'course drug dealers are all metric as well.

however, speaking o' obstinance, english drug dealers use the imperial system o' measurements.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

shirt-1534308105-e575bce6f605d6a9a1e3a1d

I bet @Amentep never read THIS one!

• Haha 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Not familiar with it - its not the cover for the Kickstartered Florida Man comic from Mike Baron that is going to be distributed by American Mythology, so I'm guessing its either a parody or a different book entirely.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

36 minutes ago, Amentep said:

Not familiar with it - its not the cover for the Kickstartered Florida Man comic from Mike Baron that is going to be distributed by American Mythology, so I'm guessing its either a parody or a different book entirely.

It’s not real it’s just funny. Or at least I thought so.

• Thanks 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

10 hours ago, rjshae said:

am embarrassed to reveal the joke were ruined 'cause we were aware hellman's as a commercial product got its start in 1913 ny. guy named hellman were a german (austrian?) immigrant working in a manhattan deli when he came up with his mayo recipe/formula. the hellamans brand didn't make it to the uk until the 1960s btw, though we don't know the exact year.

what kinda person remembers the origins o' a popular US mayo brand? 

we can also tell you why hellman's is sold as best foods brand west o' the rockies.

*sigh*

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm normally not much into corporate history of food manufacturers (apart from hating Nestle with a passion), but Coca Cola as a product and a company has an interesting origin history.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein