What You've Done Today - Always You Must Meddle, Looking For Trouble Where None Exists.

Sarex

17 hours ago, Gorth said:

I definitively declined to extend the lease of the place I'm living in today. Nothing like a bit of pressure to motivate one self 😝

Still, I got 10-12 days to find a new place, arrange removal company for my furniture and cleaners for the old place. No hurry....

The Hernán Cortés method, I see.

Edited by Malcador
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

17 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Happy Women's day!

Just have to remember for next year to get them flowers, not flour.

Introduced a coworker to Office Space, thankfully he sees all these corporate meetings in a new light :lol:

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Close to midnight now, and I've sent a work related mail to a guy in South Korea, and he immediately replied. It's not even eight in SK yet. I don't like early bird IT guys. They're creepy. It's wrong. Like looking at the Great Old Ones. :p

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

37 minutes ago, Hurlsnot said:

Uh...8 is early?

Man, that is like 2nd breakfast time for me.

For working, yes. 

59 minutes ago, majestic said:

Close to midnight now, and I've sent a work related mail to a guy in South Korea, and he immediately replied. It's not even eight in SK yet. I don't like early bird IT guys. They're creepy. It's wrong. Like looking at the Great Old Ones. :p

Like a normal person, even if I'm up then, I ignore e-mails for at least an hour.

I went to work and am continuing watching very weird shows and movies for my version of March Madness.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I normally get up a 7:30 just lay in bed crying until logging on at 9.

• Haha 1

My schedule is all over the place, but if I can help it I like to get up around 2 AM and be on the road by 3:30 AM.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

3 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

My schedule is all over the place, but if I can help it I like to get up around 2 AM and be on the road by 3:30 AM.

A nice thing about my job is that the scheduled start and end times all avoid any kind of rush hour.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

7 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

Uh...8 is early?

Yes but we all know teachers finish work at 2pm and get more holidays than anyone else ;)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

49 minutes ago, rjshae said:

Heck I'm retired and I'm already up and busy by 7am.

You lucky, I wish I was retired 

What did you use to do for a living?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Amentep said:

I'm in the office at 7.

You hopefully don't book meetings at 0730. We have a BA that does that and is too stupid to understand time zones as well :lol:

6 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I start at 6am. In the morning.

Yes but you an ex-marine so its to be expected 🇺🇸

John Milton 

5 hours ago, Amentep said:

I'm in the office at 7.

That's unfortunate. Currently I generally start work around 11:00 give or take although some days have to start earlier if there is a morning meeting or something that has to be done early.
But that's also because I can mostly work from home and independently so unless I have to go into the office I can set my own hours/schedule (that sometimes involves staying up until the wee hours of the morning fixing security vulnerabilities so things even out).

Today was an on-site day because I needed to oversee the move of a petabyte server to one of the datacenters and I'd forgotten how heavy spinning rust can be when massed in one place.

• Like 2

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

9 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

Uh...8 is early?

My alarm goes off at 8. The first one, that is. I ignore it and sleep until 08:40 or something, then drag my hide out of the bed. Work day begins sometime between 09:30 and 09:45, depending on how long I need to do the daily Swedish-style crossword in the newspaper. Yep, it's a rather short commute, back when I needed 45 minutes to get to the Office I was there at 10... or even later. :)

1 hour ago, Deadly_Nightshade said:

That's unfortunate. Currently I generally start work around 11:00 give or take although some days have to start earlier if there is a morning meeting or something that has to be done early.

Morning meetings are the worst.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

the dogs expect to be fed at 5:30. we got a moaner in the pack and he will vocalize his desire to be fed with increasing volume the longer we ignore. this means we wake up at 5:30. this also means a week or so following the end o' daylight saving is a real pain in the arse 'cause the dogs has never learned to read a clock. have tried multiple times to explain little hand and big hand values, but the dogs pretend as if they have no idea what am telling 'em. so, 5:30 it is.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

6 hours ago, Malcador said:

You hopefully don't book meetings at 0730. We have a BA that does that and is too stupid to understand time zones as well :lol:

We started testing in one of our labs at 0730.  I usually don't call any meetings earlier than 1000.  But mind you all of my staff start work no later than 0830.

The worst I had was when I had an evening job (start at 1700) and worked M-TH & S but every two weeks they wanted me to come in on a Friday at 0900 for a meeting.  And since they didn't want to pay me overtime, I had to leave early on one of the other work days to account for the hours spent in the Friday meeting.  Thankfully they realized that was a bad idea after a few weeks since it removed the only administrator from the evenings if I wasn't there during my scheduled work hours. lol.  So they started having my supervisor brief me on the meetings rather than requiring me to attend.

6 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Yes but we all know teachers finish work at 2pm and get more holidays than anyone else ;)

They also get summers off, aren't paid when they grade or plan stuff for their classes at home and receive 9999999999% more grief from parents and politicians than the average person. 😄

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

25 minutes ago, Amentep said:

They also get summers off, aren't paid when they grade or plan stuff for their classes at home and receive 9999999999% more grief from parents and politicians than the average person. 😄

Thats true, they get a lot of unfair grief 8)

And sometimes both parents and politicians can be very selective with their anger 

John Milton 

2 hours ago, Amentep said:

We started testing in one of our labs at 0730.  I usually don't call any meetings earlier than 1000.  But mind you all of my staff start work no later than 0830.

Hope none of them work until 1700.  Noticing people working far too late since the pandemic made us all go remote, like some guy in Netherlands messaging me at 0100 his time.  Blessed be the slave that learns to love the lash, I guess.

• Thanks 1