rANDom vIdeo gaMe nEws

Amentep

2 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

I've never played a Dragon quest game, are they generally worth playing?

I only played Dragon Quest 7 back in the early 00's and it was not too shabby!  I got pretty far into the game before I got lost and didn't know where to progress next.  Even the music was great, I'll never forget the OST.

I read somewhere that Dragon Quest is far more popular in Japan than Final Fantasy, which is viewed as the more 'Western' friendly series.  That's common in Japan though, they do a great job at retaining their culture and at the same time incorporating Western stuff as well and striking a balance.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

I only played Dragon Quest 7 back in the early 00's and it was not too shabby!  I got pretty far into the game before I got lost and didn't know where to progress next.  Even the music was great, I'll never forget the OST.

I read somewhere that Dragon Quest is far more popular in Japan than Final Fantasy, which is viewed as the more 'Western' friendly series.  That's common in Japan though, they do a great job at retaining their culture and at the same time incorporating Western stuff as well and striking a balance.

Are their Romance arcs to explore ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Are their Romance arcs to explore ?

Not usually, but you can get some Puff Puff. :brows:

Fun fact: In Yakuza: Like a Dragon you can get some Honk Honk, which is a very obvious reference to Puff Puff. You gotta love that they've kept this silly gag running for decades and it's now referenced in a completely different series.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 6

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 5/30/2021 at 1:06 AM, Malcador said:

Maybe put this in the obituary thread too if not already there? 

I don’t know if I’m the only GW2 player around here, but if anyone is interested in trying it out, Arenanet is currently offering the first episodes of “The living world season 2” for free if people log in for the time being. This is also for “free to play” players (players who haven’t bought either expansion)

edit: this is part of a campaign as preparation for the upcoming third expansion 

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

And still none where you can romance the Mako

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 2
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Firaxis is working on an Avengers game with Xcom style gameplay. I mean, I will get it, I guess. Honestly I would rather have a Freedom Force type game where we could build our own heroes, but I guess I can get into sending a squad of Marvel characters in. I wonder if they will keep the breach and story style of Chimera Squad.

I still would rather see Xcom 3, but I would guess that is in development. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

Firaxis is working on an Avengers game with Xcom style gameplay.

It seems like a good fit, though like yourself I would be far more interested in XCOM3, then a Marvel licenced game. Makes even more sense, as I don't see how they could improve current XCOM formula without shaking things up.

Dang, I was sort of getting restless waiting for XCOM3 announcement.

These supermodel-esque photoshop examples by other people to show what would be better... always creep me out more than the original.

• Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

These supermodel-esque photoshop examples by other people to show what would be better... always creep me out more than the original.

Yeah I saw a thing about people upset they made her "ugly" then the fan art one she had a big dumb smile on her face.  It made no sense to me... she's not ugly she's rugged... most warriors are rugged not glamorous

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Theonlygarby said:

Yeah I saw a thing about people upset they made her "ugly" then the fan art one she had a big dumb smile on her face.  It made no sense to me... she's not ugly she's rugged... most warriors are rugged not glamorous

Right??  I mean if you want a sex simulator they have those to, you know.

Not that I would know or anything.

• Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/e3-/

Some good games to be announced at  E3 2021, I am interested in the new RPG Sci-FI from Bethesda and additional news about DA4 

8)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I bet, there will be lot of announcements of announcements of announcements as always 😄

Please stay tuned 😄

• Haha 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

25 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

So after Thief-likYee and Systemshock-like Arcane is doing Bloodline-like? 

Yeah, Im a little confused by that one but Wormie what do you think of Elden Ring? George R R Martin is part of it so it must be good :thumbsup:

https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/elden-ring/elden-ring

John Milton