Cyberpunk 2077 continuing discussion

Amentep

4 hours ago, Malcador said:

Did the new ending, was worth it to tell Johnny off. 

I like Johnny too much for my own good. Then again, had technology progressed as in the Cyberpunk RPG and such I'd probably have been a Johnny Silverhand. **** corporations.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 10/14/2023 at 4:04 AM, Azdeus said:

I like Johnny too much for my own good. Then again, had technology progressed as in the Cyberpunk RPG and such I'd probably have been a Johnny Silverhand. **** corporations.

Given that his memories are probably BS from what Alt says, I'm not sure Johnny really did all that much.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

Given that his memories are probably BS from what Alt says, I'm not sure Johnny really did all that much.

That's pretty much beat for beat from the Firestorm adventure from what I recall. Granted, it's been 15 years or so since I read it, but I don't think I misremember that much.

Edit; I would probably put less stock in what Alt says to be honest, she wasn't present in the flesh in that attack,

Spoiler

she was bits and bytes by then and I seem to remember Spider Murphy slicing her bits and bytes and sending them across the net and hopefully ctrl+c and ctrl+v her together again 😄

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

After a break to play a bunch of demos, I'm back to Cyberpunk. Side benefit of going with gorilla arms is that it makes the Beat on the Brat boxing quests ludicrously easy. I'm not fully maxed out yet, I have tier 3 gorilla arms and 19 body, but suffice to say I punch REALLY HARD and the bouts don't last more than a few seconds.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I never skilled anything into brawling, but the beat on the brat boxing quests are still easy once you hit a level threshold.  If you learn how to block correctly and then just pummel them all the time, you can make it all the way through easily, especially in late game.

That's kinda my issue with the level scaling now... everything gets easy.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I tried my first non-tutorial brawl ever after 2.0 at level 30-35ish, and got absolutely destroyed. Granted I suck at it mechanically, but even when I got the counter timing right and landed a few punches, I would say they did about 0.25% of the opponent's HP bar per hit.

I looked it up just now and welp, looks like I just happened to choose the hardest fighter of the bunch, what with my 4 body and zero relevant skills/cyberware/gear.

• Haha 3
  • Gasp! 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

20 hours ago, Townsium said:

I tried playing this at the start, but the number of bugs drove me crazy back then. Are there fewer of them now? I want to give it another shot, after all, I didn't buy it for nothing.

The game is at several orders of magnitude more stable now than it was at launch.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

4 hours ago, Townsium said:

Thanks for the response. I guess it's worth trying again then.

It's as good as it's ever going to get now, they're done updating it. I mean, there may still be a hotfix or something down the line, but basically it's done and CDPR have moved on. I've had some hilarious physics glitches, but beyond that it's been rock solid. No crashes, no game/quest breaking bugs. Game good.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The few remaining physics bugs are great and should just stay in the game because they're hilarious. Like that one time I called my car and the game just spawned it in the air. It came crashing down hard, was totalled, killed some innocent bystanders and lead to a shootout with the police. Every now and then a random car chase ends up with cars flying about in good old Blues Brothers tradition too.

• Like 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Haven't tested, but do bodies still explode into nothing when you drop them ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've been doing the cyberpsycho quests. Contrary to popular belief, gorilla arms are non-lethal for the purposes of these quests... If you're careful. The punch that would kill the cyberpsycho will instead lower them to 1% health and knock them unconscious, but if you punch them again they die. I have to be careful because I throw a lot of flurries, so when their health drops low, I need to be measured with the attack button (read: right trigger). This is easier said than done with 20 body and tier 4 electrified gorilla arms (I hit HARD), but it can be done.

Side-note: I have a long way to go before reaching level 60 solo, but I will get there and the level 60 solo ability is just straight up ridiculous. I'm glad that CDPR are done with this game, so they won't be fixing this hilariously glaring OP buff. I mean, I'm already OP as ****, but with lev 60 solo it's all over. Never mind the other 2 ridiculously OP buffs, just +30% uptime on berserk is ludicrous. I'm going to wind up with something to the order of 16 seconds of berserk. The amount of bodies I can turn into paste in 16 seconds is staggering. Keep in mind that I am effectively invulnerable (with Juggernaut I can't even be knocked down or slowed down) and have unlimited stamina during that 16 seconds.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

^ Prior to 2.0, using Cyberware Malfunction on cyberpsychos would kill them, even if you only applied non-lethal damage. I do not know if that changed with 2.0. Now, not your problem as you can't use the quick hack with Berserk as operating system, but it might save someone else from frustration. Would be nice if that was fixed, after all, the psychos obviously have a lot of chrome and Cyberware Malfunction makes it a good bunch easier to deal with them.

6 minutes ago, majestic said:

^ Prior to 2.0, using Cyberware Malfunction on cyberpsychos would kill them, even if you only applied non-lethal damage. I do not know if that changed with 2.0. Now, not your problem as you can't use the quick hack with Berserk as operating system, but it might save someone else from frustration. Would be nice if that was fixed, after all, the psychos obviously have a lot of chrome and Cyberware Malfunction makes it a good bunch easier to deal with them.

tried malfunction on dogtown cyberpsycho

still non lethal

not sure about main game one

I just use my regular guns. The trick is to only shoot once when they are about to die. This way they are knocked out but not killed.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Dunno, the easiest way for me was just getting them to 5% health and dropping an incendiary grenade on them. Those grenades deal a truckload of non-lethal damage.

4 hours ago, majestic said:

Dunno, the easiest way for me was just getting them to 5% health and dropping an incendiary grenade on them. Those grenades deal a truckload of non-lethal damage.

Incendiary grenades are non-lethal? 🤣I'm picturing Regina Jones picking up a charred corpse and V trying to convince her that the guy is fine, just a little crispy around the edges.

Next you're going to tell me that white phosphorus grenades are actually beneficial for your health. They really clear out the sinuses.:-

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2023 at 2:57 PM, Keyrock said:

Incendiary grenades are non-lethal? 🤣I'm picturing Regina Jones picking up a charred corpse and V trying to convince her that the guy is fine, just a little crispy around the edges.

So is the overheat quickhack. Well, actually, all non-physical damage is non-lethal, sense be damned. If you want your gorilla arms to be completely non-lethal just get the electric variety, for instance.

Anyway, done with the game now.

image.png.d59f5da40585719d34cf49009321dfce.png

From what I heard people talked about the new ending being more depressing than the existing ones. Well, perhaps. Especially when you're on the King of Pentacles path like I was. Some things really feel out of character and the final conversations feel cheap - actually most of the new ending sticks out like a sore thumb on an otherwise well written game. It is not bad exactly, just not the same quality of the base game. Instead of flowing organically, the dialogue and what happens feels forced to drive home a point.

Spoiler

I don't mean that V can no longer use cyberware, that is a fine tradeoff for living on, and tracks perfectly with the choices needed to be made to get there. Just everything else? No one returns your calls, nobody wants to meet for even a beer, Vik selling out to Zetatech, really? Hey, going that route was a really bad choice, get it? Then you get mugged, Misty talks to you for a bit and you're just another face in the crowd.

Actually, the basice concent and that last part is fine. It is everything else that did not really work for me.

Sad thing is that ending could have really been made into something utterly devastating that would have resonated much more, or say, be a much more poetic "justice" way to end the game while driving home the same point:

Spoiler

Imagine there was no two year coma, just the same side effect. V gets back to Night City, meets up with Vik for a check, goes out with a bunch of his friends or romantic partner, has a good time, and on the way home you're just shivved dead in a random mugging or caught in a crossfire between  gangoons and mercs, or whatever else. Roll credits. I mean, they even had the mugging in the ending, but it was not used to full effect. Sigh.

Well, missed a good way for a shocker there, CD Projekt Red. Well, no sense crying over spilled milk and all that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Re: the patch (which I haven't installed/played yet): some PC users are reporting a lot less crowd density even with it set to highest.  Anyone else notice the same? I wonder if that was supposed to be only for console versions but got put into the PC patch by mistake. Or if it's another sign of how even the PC version will have its graphics generally "downgraded" for performance reasons vs. just adding more low-low graphic setting options.

Haven't checked the patch yet, but I see no reason why the PC version would need to be downgraded. Was running perfectly fine for me when I binged my last 70 hours playthrough.