Jump to content

Politics - wait for it... wait for it... 2020 isn't over yet


Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

not odd at all. not odd for trump. 

don't be surprised if trump brings up his monuments nonsense and proclaims we must not ignore history and culture. trump wants to give his base a victory speech. for over 100 years southerners has been made to feel guilty 'bout their support o' the confederacy and slavery, but trump is gonna give 'em a victory speech 'bout pride and he is gonna do it at gettysburg.

when liberals attack trump for his acceptance speech, it will only further solidify trump's base.

HA! Good Fun!

ps this is calculated stephen miller and steve bannon bs at its worst, and it is gonna work.

 

Its not going to work if he doesnt win the election and its highly unlikely he will win so no need to get too concerned ?

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

 

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Its not going to work if he doesnt win the election and its highly unlikely he will win so no need to get too concerned ?

Suppose I stepped in s--t and tracked it all over you house. So you kick me out. I'm gone but does that remove the stains and the smell?

  • Thanks 1

"The man of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys. Power, like a desolating pestilence, pollutes whate'er it touches; and obedience, bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth, makes slaves of men, and of the human frame a mechanized automaton."

P.B. Shelley

Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly, but at this point, is his base in need of fortifying ? Seems like those people are locked in.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Suppose I stepped in s--t and tracked it all over you house. So you kick me out. I'm gone but does that remove the stains and the smell?

I wouldnt appreciate that at all...good point 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

 

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BruceVC said:

Its not going to work if he doesnt win the election and its highly unlikely he will win so no need to get too concerned ?

am not believing trump will win. however, this speech ain't designed to win him the election. no single act is likely to produce a trump victory. a campaign speech at gettysburg, on hallowed ground where fifty thousand american soldiers died, is an affront to the sacrifices o' men far better than trump. southerners may lament the result o' gettysburg but they know well the valor and courage o' too many who died so far away from home. gettysburg were an american tragedy even if it were a victory for the union and while southerners should question the raison d'être o' the confederacy, they don't need feel shame for what happened on the battlefield tween july 1 and 3 in 1863. hallowed ground.

miller and bannon know that w/o some kinda monumental scandal or hail mary medical advance, trump victory looks unlikely. doesn't mean they is conceding defeat. no matter how much more frustration and anger it creates, trump and his enablers will continue to work to divide americans. 

trump is using gettysburg as if it were the compiègne wagon. shouldn't let him get away with such even if we don't see as making a major difference in november.

somebody not paying attention. have always been cynical 'bout human nature. is gd who blames government and we keep telling him that The People is the government. First Amendment we champion so frequent is a bar on the tyranny o' the masses. we complain 'bout US polarization in recent years and blame trump as a symptom as opposed to the cause.  when gd says we should count on individuals to do the right thing as 'posed to passing laws which mandate sober driving or seat belts or masks, is Gromnir who sneers at the naivety o' trusting our fellow citizens to do the right thing 'cause is the right thing to do.

insofar as cynicism, am looking at gd in our rearview mirror... appears extreme far away even if

mirror-appear-1.jpg

gd cynicism is curious misplaced and selective. such is our disagreement.

HA! Good Fun!

 

  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gromnir said:

 

mirror-appear-1.jpg

gd cynicism is curious misplaced and selective. such is our disagreement.

HA! Good Fun!

 

Oh I am quite cynical about the actions and motivations of individuals as well. But, it's far easier to protect yourself from people than "the people". A wolf by himself is a problem. A pack of wolves is a BIG problem

"The man of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys. Power, like a desolating pestilence, pollutes whate'er it touches; and obedience, bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth, makes slaves of men, and of the human frame a mechanized automaton."

P.B. Shelley

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Possibly, but at this point, is his base in need of fortifying ? Seems like those people are locked in.

yeah actually. is a reason why florida is polling in favor o' biden at the moment. too many old people, including a few die hard trumpers, is angry with trump's response to the pandemic. with potential razor thin margins determining victory, trump needs solidify.

the one thing we believe trump is correct 'bout is his rejection o' the calls for him to be more inclusive and empathetic. as a campaign strategy, that option is no longer viable. two years ago, or perhaps even in february o' this year, trump coulda' become a President for all americans instead o' trying to find a way to win an election with only his base.  no longer.

trump may need a miracle, but he knows the miracle ain't gonna come with kumbayas and group hugs. 

HA! Good Fun!

  • Hmmm 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Oh I am quite cynical about the actions and motivations of individuals as well. But, it's far easier to protect yourself from people than "the people". A wolf by himself is a problem. A pack of wolves is a BIG problem

is no chance we take gd cynicism claims serious anytime soon particular in light o' his willingness to promote wacky conspiracies supported only by alt radio bluster and/or dubious internet articles. no selective cynicism recognized.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think Trump has a pretty good chance as long as he can keep turnout low. Since that's been the Republican goal for a while now and they've had pretty good success with it I wouldn't count him out. I mean, just look at how many otherwise intelligent people we have here that believe in rampant voter fraud.

  • Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Link to post
Share on other sites

So Harris is Biden's VP pick

  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Link to post
Share on other sites

Flashpoint: Belarus

Looks like Uncle Sam is at it again, take a country that's very small and very poor, very weak, but has strong ties to Russia and try to destabilize them and turn their (corrupt, selfish, inept) leader into a U.S. puppet.  The Ukraine, who never does anything w/o U.S. backing, attempted to stage a coup which failed miserably thanks to Russian intelligence but instead of that being the end of the story, Lukashenko (President of Belarus) started  behaving very strangely and is courting the CIA (who are masters at converting weak and incompetent leaders into U.S. puppets) and Pompeo.

Secretary_Pompeo_Meets_With_Belarusian_President_Lukashenko-300x200.jpg

This puts Russia in a very precarious spot, if they don't act they run the risk of having a U.S. puppet right on their doorstep, if they do act they run the risk of Western leaders and their brainwashed peons demanding aggressive action towards them.

Full story https://www.unz.com/tsaker/putin-and-russia-are-facing-a-very-serious-crisis-in-belarus/

  • Gasp! 1

"America would be unrecognizable if it had ordered the separation of corporation and state like it orders separation of church and state."

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

Flashpoint: Belarus

Looks like Uncle Sam is at it again, take a country that's very small and very poor, very weak, but has strong ties to Russia and try to destabilize them and turn their (corrupt, selfish, inept) leader into a U.S. puppet.  The Ukraine, who never does anything w/o U.S. backing, attempted to stage a coup which failed miserably thanks to Russian intelligence but instead of that being the end of the story, Lukashenko (President of Belarus) started  behaving very strangely and is courting the CIA (who are masters at converting weak and incompetent leaders into U.S. puppets) and Pompeo.

Secretary_Pompeo_Meets_With_Belarusian_President_Lukashenko-300x200.jpg

This puts Russia in a very precarious spot, if they don't act they run the risk of having a U.S. puppet right on their doorstep, if they do act they run the risk of Western leaders and their brainwashed peons demanding aggressive action towards them.

Full story https://www.unz.com/tsaker/putin-and-russia-are-facing-a-very-serious-crisis-in-belarus/

 

Well this whole fiasko is Putins fault, it was him who start to distance himself from Lukashenko. They were buddies but Lukashenko wanted more free oil and daddy Putin sad no....

 

i am going to ignore rest of your conspiracy theories in this mess

  • Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing weird about how Lukashenko has been acting. He's always tried to leverage Russia by threatening to go full west, and leverage the west by threatening to go full Russia. Arresting 30 Wagner mercs to show he's still 'independent' is pure stunt. The threat- to the west- is that if the pressure gets too much he signs and enacts the Union act with Russia instead of stalling it again.

As for VP picks, could there possibly be a less appealing enthusiasm hole than a Biden/ Harris ticket? Well, apart from Pence/ Trump or Hillary/ Kane of course.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Meh

I thought whatsherface from Minnesota was the much more logical choice in pretty much every way even though I don't particularly like her (...she's my senator, why can't I remember her name?), but I guess not. I wasn't going like any option they chose, I suppose, but Kamala seems particularly uninspiring.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Put fascists and sociopaths on your ignore list.

Quote

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm, still worrying Dems will find some way to lose

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Link to post
Share on other sites

They're trying their hardest

Pretty much any of the other presidential hopefuls would have been a better pick. Of course not Bernie or Warren and maybe Williamson, maybe.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, get used to seeing that clip of Tulsi bombing Kamalah's presidential hopes from orbit.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

 

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Orogun01 said:

Well, get used to seeing that clip of Tulsi bombing Kamalah's presidential hopes from orbit.

Will CNN etc even show it though? Watching the reaction all the D establishment figures are bringing it up to try and shut it down, implying it was Republicans who'd made the observations about her prosecutorial record despite it being Gabbard and Warren who took Harris out. Oh well, just claim Tulsi was a Russian plant and bring up Warren formerly being a Republican is it gets traction, I guess.

Fox OTOH will probably play it on a loop unless Murdoch has decided Trump is definitely going to lose.

Still, if you're left in the US what are you going to do? Vote for the milquetoast status maximus ultimus quo with ultimately meaningless progressive trimmings, or Donald Trump. Exact same situation as last time from the Democrats, hoping that leftists will swallow a turd rather than risk Trump. Will probably work this time too, after 4 years of Trump, but just shows how little the D establishment actually learnt from 2016.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

Will CNN etc even show it though? Watching the reaction all the D establishment figures are bringing it up to try and shut it down, implying it was Republicans who'd made the observations about her prosecutorial record despite it being Gabbard and Warren who took Harris out. Oh well, just claim Tulsi was a Russian plant and bring up Warren formerly being a Republican is it gets traction, I guess.

Fox OTOH will probably play it on a loop unless Murdoch has decided Trump is definitely going to lose.

Still, if you're left in the US what are you going to do? Vote for the milquetoast status maximus ultimus quo with ultimately meaningless progressive trimmings, or Donald Trump. Exact same situation as last time from the Democrats, hoping that leftists will swallow a turd rather than risk Trump. Will probably work this time too, after 4 years of Trump, but just shows how little the D establishment actually learnt from 2016.

The question is will the technocrats in Silicon Valley will censor it? Plus that's a Trump ad in the making "Biden is too sick to last, Kamalah is too corrupt to lead".
I think the Democrats keep trying to court the insane far left, from that angle Kamalah makes sense. She looks like a progressive choice (Black woman) but will fall in line with establishment politics.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

 

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sort of funny to use corruption as a slam.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Link to post
Share on other sites

 People demand police/justice reform... but the VP pick for Dems is someone who supposedly (according to her fellow dems during the debates) had the tendency to suppress evidence to keep innocent people in prison. LMAO

 

  • Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...