The TV and Streaming thread renewed

Amentep

The trailer of that Lower Decks makes it feel exactly like Final Space. I guess it'll be the same / almost the same thing.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Finished Dark S3. All those people who say that quantum mechanics doesn't have a practical use for general people proved wrong, it definitely helps you understand what's going on in semi obscure German time travel and alternative world shows where you can't remember half the characters' names. Might have been a touch confusing without knowing about the Trousers of Time.

Has to be said: best casting I've seen in any show.

• Like 4

On 7/20/2020 at 5:12 PM, Raithe said:

Tor - Neil Gaiman says Sandman season 1 will cover Preludes and Nocturnes, and The Dolls House

In other words, "we wrote it for Audible already, dear God don't make us go through that again".

most o' the casting choices should be good enough if not perfect when converted from radio to netflix. death just got a bit more curvy than the graphic novel iteration, but is hardly a deal breaker. the corinthian? get the corinthian right for tv is gonna be difficult enough w/o a casting choice 'bout whom we are kinda ambivalent. we will need see... which brings us to our other concern that get to dollhouse means a whole lotta material is being covered in ten episodes. 

'course is zero chance we don't watch at least the first few episodes regardless o' whatever is the consensus o' reviews and pre-release conjecture. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm curious how it will continue.

I expect Inner Light and Darmok having prominent placements on both lists. Can't have a TNG best of without them, right? I have to admit that I've seen Inner Light so often that I'm almost tempted to skip it whenever it comes up at a rewatch. Used to be that whenever I caught an episode of TNG on TV, it was... Inner Light.

The Drumhead and Measure of a Man was already there, also Best of Both Worlds. Hm. I'm almost expecting Mike to troll Rich and put Sub Rosa on the list. :p

edit:

I'm curious if one of them has Schisms on their list. I love that episode, probably a bit more than it deserves, but the first time I watched it as a kid it was creepy as hell.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

I thought them talking about something they actually love, especially when it's Star Trek, would be really boring (...by RLM standards, that is), but this was actually probably the most fun thing they've done since the coronavirus episodes ended.

• Thanks 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

A few episodes into season 3 of ENT and a just a couple of observations. Captain "Jack Bauer" Archer is doing less for me than normal caution to the wind Archer and how did they somehow manage to make the theme song even worse.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

5 hours ago, ShadySands said:

A few episodes into season 3 of ENT and a just a couple of observations. Captain "Jack Bauer" Archer is doing less for me than normal caution to the wind Archer and how did they somehow manage to make the theme song even worse.

Out of curiosity, did you watch A Night In Sickbay and if so, what did you think of it?

• Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Been occasionally watching The Chef Show via Netflix.  It's the one with Jon Favreau, his "chef" and some famous guest star appearances. I wish they focused a bit more on the making of food and less on the guest stars but it's kind of entertaining for 30 min. chunks.

But lord, 65% of the meals made would give me a heart attack.  Like, frying a 1/2 pound of bacon where you can see an inch of liquid grease in the pan and then he ADDS TONS OF BUTTER to it then mixing it with some other fatty meat or fried bread or.... I'm sure it all tastes good but I like my meals to be a little less overwhelmingly fat saturated.  :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

video

rich's number one wouldn't have made our top twenty (perhaps thirty,) but am admitting were kinda fun to be reminded o' a few good tng episodes we typical do not rewatch but maybe will. disaster? has been years since we watched, and compare to poseidon adventure would not have been a selling point. nevertheless, it were a solid episode, and perhaps better than we recall... maybe. will definite rewatch. 

am kinda happy we overcame our contrarian reaction to internet lists... and speaking o' contrarian, am thinking we actual preferred the post best of both worlds episode, family, to the more obvious choice.

and speaking o' contrarian, ds9 is still best star trek. so there.

HA! Good Fun!

ps absence o' inner light makes sense, in a way, but am thinking it showed the rlm guys were perhaps trying a bit too hard to not just copy/paste every other internet top tng list. 

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hm. and they've started shooting the new Leverage.

Everyone is back except Hutton. They haven't clarified if it is a continuation or an actual reboot....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."