Jump to content
Amentep

What are you playing now: The New Thread

Recommended Posts

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. The Iron Passage. It was a co-op area and I attempted to complete it with two NPC phantoms. They survived the first room, then I BC'ed them and went alone, dodging attacks, instead of fighting (except the priests, poison arrows were quite effective against them). I made it to the fog gate and successfully defeated the Blue Smelter Demon, though it took several attempts.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 2:34 AM, Keyrock said:

Ahem.

DOOM (2016), Dishonored, Wolfenstein: The New Order, TES3: Morrowind, TES4: Oblivion's Shivering Isles expansion (the base game can eat a bag of ****s)

Unpopular opinion: DOOM (2016) is good, but not great.  Might have qualified as great without the nook-and-cranny-searching upgrade system.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I've mostly been playing Warframe again lately after a stint with Destiny 2. The lack of FOMO junk in that game is refreshing (tho Nightwave is pushing in that direction).

Though mostly I've been tinkering with hardware since I discovered how (relatively) cheap second hand enterprise grade hardware is, so my server machine might actually be able to run a Conan Exiles dedicated server acceptably now. (still playing that occasionally fwiw, pretty nice building game :))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've just been going around collecting material to build roads and other structures in Death Stranding.  Apparently I'm scratching my itch to play the Sims with this game.


"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ like as many player build structures as possible. The game "connects" you with these players, so the more likes you give, the more likely player structures will appear in your game. I've build about 3 or 4 road pieces only, but have an almost full highway available.


"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lexx said:

^ like as many player build structures as possible. The game "connects" you with these players, so the more likes you give, the more likely player structures will appear in your game. I've build about 3 or 4 road pieces only, but have an almost full highway available.

I keep finishing roads that other people have started.  I don't know if I've reached the point in the game where I can fabricate my own roads yet.  I tried, but it doesn't seem to be an option (can build bridges, but not roads).

I also don't like any of the guns to fight the BTs with.  The only weapon I like is the grenade thing.


"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished Witcher 3 base game, as I was arguing that combat at start was hard it was really easy at the end. (except for enemies with shields). To expansion I guess


I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since it's thanksgiving in the US, I sat down and started playing Far Cry 5....

 


"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lexx said:

^ like as many player build structures as possible. The game "connects" you with these players, so the more likes you give, the more likely player structures will appear in your game. I've build about 3 or 4 road pieces only, but have an almost full highway available.

But can you sabotage other players? 'Cause otherwise, what's the point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GhostofAnakin said:

I don't know if I've reached the point in the game where I can fabricate my own roads yet.  I tried, but it doesn't seem to be an option (can build bridges, but not roads).

There's special buildings already on the map, which you deliver resouces to. Unlike bridges, etc. you can't place them down yourself.

To be honest, I find this a tad annoying. But once you have a full highway, going around and delivering stuff becomes so much faster / easier ....

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

But can you sabotage other players? 'Cause otherwise, what's the point?

Helping others.

  • Like 1

"Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, glory is forever."

What is glass but tortured sand?
Never forget! '12.01.13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2019 at 8:34 PM, Keyrock said:

Ahem.

DOOM (2016), Dishonored, Wolfenstein: The New Order, TES3: Morrowind, TES4: Oblivion's Shivering Isles expansion (the base game can eat a bag of ****s)

I said "great", not "OK", "decent", or "goodish at best". :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lexx said:

There's special buildings already on the map, which you deliver resouces to. Unlike bridges, etc. you can't place them down yourself.

To be honest, I find this a tad annoying. But once you have a full highway, going around and delivering stuff becomes so much faster / easier ....

At one point I was getting a lot of "likes" from other players because of a road I finished.  But for some reason, I'm not getting any likes any more.

I'm wondering if someone dismantled my road and built their own, or if at some point you stop getting likes for a structure after so many.


"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. Shulva, the Sunken City. I explored the place, the interconnectivity reminded of DS1. Some of the rooms required a bow to access them. The invulnerable ghosts were quite interesting and, fortunately, not hard-hitting - I found and destroyed their corpses and did not die in the process. I successfully reached the first boss, Elana, the Squalid Queen, and defeated her with Benhart of Jugo. She summoned Velstadt twice during battle. The Slumbering Dragon took several attempts, the first was with two phantoms (I returned to the bonfire when they were vanquished), the others solo. Somehow, Sinh was easier and more predictable when I faced him alone. Also cutting his tail did not grant me a sword, though it did not happen in the vanilla either.

The Cave of the Dead, a co-op area, felt better than the Iron Passage - there was no opponent who could slow me down (literally). One NPC phantom made it with me to the boss room and survived a few minutes there, allowing me to defeat the archer. The other two, Alva and Havel, took more time. I used poison arrows and falchion (which almost broke) for Havel, who was able to use Estus.

It seemed that weapon durability is lower or depletes faster, than in DSII. I almost broke 3 swords (the Fume straight sword, the Mirrah greatsword and the falchion) between the first and the second bonfires in Frozen Eleum Loyce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished Death Stranding a while ago. It was pretty good. Combat was bad thought, that area felt totally tacked on/lacking.

But now I am hearing stuff about Hideo Kojima wanting to do a horror game. That sounds like good news to me.

 

Playing 2 games at the moment:

 

-Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

-Drakengard

They are both ok. I am enjoying Drakengard and its weird story quite a bit. Borderlands on the other hand is just mindless fun, good for the times when you want to shoot stuff.

Edited by Katphood

Katphood on PSN, Steam & Xbox Live

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. Completed the game. Frozen Eleum Loyce was an amazing area, the interconnectivity and general design reminded of the original Dark Souls. I successfully found the knights of Eleum Loyce and challenged the Ivory King. Then I returned to the Expulsion Chamber bonfire and traveled to the Frigid Outskirts via the most appropriate means, a casket. I did not explore the area, just ran in the general direction of the fog gate (could not see much, because of the blizzard). The deer started to spawn pretty soon and they pushed one of the phantoms from the cliff before we reached Lud and Zallen, the King's pets. The pets took much more time, than their former master, but I managed to finish off Zallen as he was about to go berserk.

Then I used a Bonfire Ascetic on the Throne of Want/King's Gate bonfire and went through three boss battles again to see, if anything was changed in SotFS.

Somehow having played DSII several times makes it harder to appreciate the plot and not combat mechanics of the game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Hawke64 said:

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. Completed the game. Frozen Eleum Loyce was an amazing area, the interconnectivity and general design reminded of the original Dark Souls. I successfully found the knights of Eleum Loyce and challenged the Ivory King. Then I returned to the Expulsion Chamber bonfire and traveled to the Frigid Outskirts via the most appropriate means, a casket. I did not explore the area, just ran in the general direction of the fog gate (could not see much, because of the blizzard). The deer started to spawn pretty soon and they pushed one of the phantoms from the cliff before we reached Lud and Zallen, the King's pets. The pets took much more time, than their former master, but I managed to finish off Zallen as he was about to go berserk.

Then I used a Bonfire Ascetic on the Throne of Want/King's Gate bonfire and went through three boss battles again to see, if anything was changed in SotFS.

Somehow having played DSII several times makes it harder to appreciate the plot and not combat mechanics of the game.

Now I have to buy a controller and play this again!  Damn you! :p

If only they would release a remasterd version like they did with DS1 and I could mouse and keyboard it but hey it's Dark Souls, worth a new piece of equipment!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Far Cry 5, continuing on from my Thanksgiving start.

I don't know why, but it still amuses me that they put in a way to finish the game within 5 minutes of the start. That, and that the past couple of Far Cry games all make a point of having key villains and psycopaths comment on how quickly the player got into killing large amount of people with very little prompting.


"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sherlock Holmes: The Secret of the Silver Earring. This point n click places fairly highly on the pixel hunt scale. There are tons of really small objects in the scenes to find. Admittedly, that is very much on brand, given that this is a Sherlock Holmes game and part of what made Holmes such a good detective was the ability to notice small details others would overlook. I have to say, I really enjoy the voice acting for Holmes and Watson. The other characters are hit & miss (more miss than hit), but the 2 main characters are well voiced.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still stuck on this Liberate Tyrlon mission in Battletech, really hate time limits with this style of game (and the design choices that leave you constantly zerged).  Game crashed when I alt-tabbed to check email, so maybe a sign I should just drop this game.


Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished up Prompto's DLC on PC version. I had to use the "kill a few enemies, pause the game for an hour, repeat" all day yesterday but yeah. At least I get the gun and his 3rd combat tech if you swap over to him, now. God I hate that snowmobile, and the "timed" boss fight.

I saw some info re: some "hi-res" mods (meaning some textures looks a tad better, and I think 720) for Might and Magic 7 which tempted me, but it sounded like too much work. I may give it a go later tho. I used to love that game but while MM8 looks sorta ok on new PC's, MM7 is pretty bad unless you want to play in a tiny window.

Edited by LadyCrimson

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Malcador said:

Still stuck on this Liberate Tyrlon mission in Battletech, really hate time limits with this style of game (and the design choices that leave you constantly zerged).  Game crashed when I alt-tabbed to check email, so maybe a sign I should just drop this game.

Huh, I would have taken it as a sign to stop checking email. But then I tend to take any excuse to ignore people, no matter how flimsy.

(can't assist with the mission, barely remember anything about specific assignments)

  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 213374U said:

Huh, I would have taken it as a sign to stop checking email. But then I tend to take any excuse to ignore people, no matter how flimsy.

(can't assist with the mission, barely remember anything about specific assignments)

Well true, alt-tabbing can be rough on applications.  Battletech sure is a system hog though, eats up more memory than GTA V on my PC.  Because I am more stubborn than smart, I will try again, mission needs you to rush to destroy generators, sadly don't have a super mobile mech that won't get pasted by opposition - best I have is the Quickdraw.  


Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...