2 minutes ago, Waski said:

@Tenray hey.  Watching it now, did you try writ of war on 2nd stage Hauani? I am wondering if it prevents merge (but WILL may be to high too land...)

I am pretty sure I tried all of the writs against hauani and nothing seemed to work against the merge. I think the merge skill of hauani has a completely different "tag", that cannot be suppressed by any abilities unless you actually CC or interrupt him.

I have tried this ofc before running it as priest of Woedica, especially for Hauani, because this boss is for many class combinations the "run-killer". I picked Woedica really only for the spiritual weapon. As already mentioned priest of Wael is also fine because you get Gaze of the Adragan, which will  be useful for many more encounters and you can still fight with bare fists. I can however not guarantee that you will have enough burst to kill hauani, but I guess you can still manage to do it.

As you can see I haven't used Deltro's Cage Helmet because I haven't found a consistent way of dealing lightning damage to myself. As a rogue/priest + attributes, my reflex is already really high. Just HITTING yourself, for example with scrolls, is already unlikely and critting yourself is even more unlikely. So I just dropped the idea with Deltros.

This was my first Ultimate attempt as a Zealot and I wanted to make sure to waste as less time as possible. You recommended once to use Rakhan field boots + essence interrupter+blunting belt to trigger deltro in this thread, which works like a charm and will guarantee to have enough burst even without Woedica's Spiritual Weapon. I didn't want to risk to waste too much time on it to get all the items, but it's definetly an option and it would be possible to play with every priest subclass then.

13 minutes ago, Waski said:

ok. Why no Cap of Laughingstock? No funds? Or wantend rekvu's with wound? Since you melee mostly that essentialy +10acc

Oh wow. You are right picking up the Cap is great. I do remember that you really are out of money after buying sandals + magrans belt while doing my route. You do meet Thaenic a 2nd time however and you could buy the Cap. Very nice idea, honestly!

BUT I would not change Cap for Revkus for:

- The Battle Royal fight. Simply because you do not want to maximize damage, but actually just want to survive it while not getting interrupted on SoT and BDD.

- Belranga fight. Belranga can spawn with Bullish which means that her attacks will interrupt, same applies to ALL of the spiders she does summon. You will get perma-interrupted by 100 spiders and won't be even able to cast a SoT. This is an instant GG. Happened to me twice. You can and should learn from my mistakes =D

But summarized I can say, you are right. If you want to maximize your damage for the "more safer" bosses/encounters the Cap of Laughingstock is a great choice.

Edited by Tenray

On 8/20/2019 at 5:49 AM, Tenray said:

Nevertheless it happened and the best way to get around this IMO, is simply to play as a druid/wizard and repair the bridge OR as I did in my Ultimate Run respecc into 14 mechanics/survival and repair it this way (this will however cost you 2 days of ingame time).

I don't know if people know, but if you have mid-teens mechanics or stealth, 14 dex and 8 athletics, you can cross the bridge no problem without any specific class support or without burning any time. (edit: the dialogue tree would go -> examine, use stealth/mechancis, carefully cross the bridge (new option appears after examining the bridge with enough skill), and then you're done (you just click through a dex and athletics check).)

I ended up manually looking through the game conversation files for this encounter because this encounters is so poorly documented and could've been a dealbreaker/huge-waste-of-time for my tactician/skaen (who does not have access to web or the druid spells).

edit 2 - though honestly it's not that big a deal to brute force your way through the bridge with insufficient dex/athletics, so long as you don't have any injuries (iirc you can accumulate up to three just from a "successful" crossing). you can always quaff a luminous adra potion after, or leave them in place if you have rekvu's.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thelee said:

I don't know if people know, but if you have mid-teens mechanics or stealth, 14 dex and 8 athletics, you can cross the bridge no problem without any specific class support or without burning any time. (edit: the dialogue tree would go -> examine, use stealth/mechancis, carefully cross the bridge (new option appears after examining the bridge with enough skill), and then you're done (you just click through a dex and athletics check).)

I ended up manually looking through the game conversation files for this encounter because this encounters is so poorly documented and could've been a dealbreaker/huge-waste-of-time for my tactician/skaen (who does not have access to web or the druid spells).

On some of my characters I actually didn't invest points in DEX, great to know that you only need 14. Can be easily adapted, ty.

But you still need Athletics 8, so you have to respecc probably anyways like me except you really do want invest in athletics. You get +2 from the Adra Potion, +2 Burglar's Gloves, +2 Ngati's Girdle (which I usually sell, because it gets you alot money early) + X (nothing comes to my mind now).

You cannot use Unguent of Animalism because it's an interaction on the world map. So you still need to invest 2 points for athletics while leveling.

3 hours ago, thelee said:

edit 2 - though honestly it's not that big a deal to brute force your way through the bridge, so long as you don't have any injuries. you can always quaff a luminous adra potion after, or leave them in place if you have rekvu's.

BUT that was my whole point, you cannot just brute force your way through it. I have done so many runs and my game tends to bug out especially on THIS bridge. And I am really no talking about like 1 out of 10 times, it literally bugs out for me in easily 80% of my runs. No matter how often I save and reload the savegame itself is somehow corrupted and will always bug at this interaction while other savestates from different characters are fine. Don't ask me why. Reinstalled PoE2 aswell, already. Made no difference.

Edited by Tenray