34 minutes ago, Tenray said:

It just seems that you have to drag the enemy along the wall until you fight the right place/pixel on which it should stand to get multiple ticks off. I hope you just get my point xD

Nice find.  What's that brilliant buff? You consoled it?? 

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

32 minutes ago, Decadency said:

Anyway sc bloodmage looks too hard before you get Arkemyr's Grimoire. And it looks hard to get it.

SC bloodmage solo in general would be a pain, but just killing Concelhaut to get the nice grimoire from Arkemyr is quite easy, imo. Before they released the Megabosses I played solo Wizard and Concelhaut was the least problem as far as I can remember. But you are right anyways, there are alot encounters I really do not want to face.

5 minutes ago, Waski said:

Nice find.  What's that brilliant buff? You consoled it?? 

I knew someone will notice it.

Yes I just consoled it quickly. I am currently playing and didn't want to waste 10 mins+ to trigger Brilliant from cloak. It is just a showcase in the end. ;)

22 hours ago, Tenray said:

That's how I initially tried it before going for yolo WotW spamm. The problem in SSS is that the enemy AI is super weird there. Some of the enemies for example the naga fight at the beginning just run straight towards me once I use Dichotomos Soul and if they come close Vela gets somehow Frightened. 

You can also not reset aggro from the Naga Warriors somehow neither when I try to withdraw Vela only and stealth away nor withdrawing both of us. The Naga just stand almost on top of me waiting for me to get out of my withdraw and instagib me or Vela. Weird AI.

yeah good thing I'm practicing SSS, the AI is indeed super weird. Have to double-check what goes in Decadency's vids (maybe Decadency just super-charges brilliant in the first fight and don't bother needing to buff/hide in the later ones), but the Naga fight and the first vs enemy party fight have weird AI (probably some of the final ones, too, but haven't gotten to them yet). For some reason some of the characters seem to have a behavior where they appear to go to the last known position of a viable target instead of resetting, which means standing right on top of you or Vela with withdraw. Fortunately, I found a way to bait them around so I can still completely de-aggro them, but it definitely required me to lean on shadowing beyond so I could lure enemies into one area and then invis and withdraw elsewhere.

That being said, I don't think I've ever roflstomped SSS so hard as with a brilliant+BDD+scordeo's character.

Edited by thelee

Hey ulti-mates! 

Remember the discussion about Lethandria's Devotion? Andthat it gives the wearer (not party members) 1 HP immediately when you switch to it?

Check this out:

lethandrias_powerswitch.gif?dl=1

lethandrias_powerswitch_2.png?dl=1

lethandrias_powerswitch_3.png?dl=1

I mean: Josh said bugs are fair game, right? 😄

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

@Boeroer Thanks to you! I used it in my Ultimate run and it saved me primarily real time instead of waiting for the normal regen. You posted this idea a while ago.

I am not sure if it is a "game breaking" bug or not, but unfortunatelly I haven't got an answer yet from Obsidian if my run is actually ok or not. Still waiting. Anyways I shared my run with you because I do not fear competition and like to share ideas and strategies.

3 hours ago, thelee said:

yeah good thing I'm practicing SSS, the AI is indeed super weird. Have to double-check what goes in Decadency's vids (maybe Decadency just super-charges brilliant in the first fight and don't bother needing to buff/hide in the later ones), but the Naga fight and the first vs enemy party fight have weird AI (probably some of the final ones, too, but haven't gotten to them yet). For some reason some of the characters seem to have a behavior where they appear to go to the last known position of a viable target instead of resetting, which means standing right on top of you or Vela with withdraw. Fortunately, I found a way to bait them around so I can still completely de-aggro them, but it definitely required me to lean on shadowing beyond so I could lure enemies into one area and then invis and withdraw elsewhere.

That being said, I don't think I've ever roflstomped SSS so hard as with a brilliant+BDD+scordeo's character.

With a Brilliant+BDD character it is quite safe but I am currently playing SC monk and it is so super weird. Enemy AI just doing random stuff, it is really annoying.

____

Just noticed I forgot to share the hidden dirty strat to get rid of Vela for the arena fights!!!

Read carefully!!!

- Equip Bounding Boots

- Jump onto the spectator platform

- save => load => Vela gets teleported to the spectator platform

- jump back into the arena

- CYA VELA DO NOT DISTURB ME WHILE FIGHTING, TY !!!

Enjoy.

Edited by Tenray
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Tenray said:

I am not sure if it is a "game breaking" bug or not, but unfortunatelly I haven't got an answer yet from Obsidian if my run is actually ok or not. Still waiting. Anyways I shared my run with you because I do not fear competition and like to share ideas and strategies.

how long has it been since you submitted it? how long did it take for decadency?

i have to imagine they are actually watching the entire videos (maybe on higher speed). must be a tedious job for someone at obsidian HQ.

11 minutes ago, thelee said:

how long has it been since you submitted it? how long did it take for decadency?

i have to imagine they are actually watching the entire videos (maybe on higher speed). must be a tedious job for someone at obsidian HQ.

Well not that long ago, I did my submit on the 2nd August. You are right, of course ... watching all those clips does take a while and it is probably not the most enjoyable work you can do. A typical task for some interns =P

I mean, if there is something really wrong about my run, I would probably just try again. I am a maniac, I am so obsessed with this Ultimate challenge and if they reject my run, I'll do another one. I got still this weekend to manage another run before I have to work alot again. But not getting any kind of response after a week is a little disappointing.

congrats decadency!

also, eff me, that Kōhatekana Expanse has a FORCED REST during the scripted encounter. WHY OH WHY did they ever have this "feature"???

edit - good thing i wasn't actually reliant on captain's banquet. sad to lose hylea's bounty... so i guess no +4 skills for me, just the +2 from luminous adra.

Edited by thelee

8 hours ago, Tenray said:

Well not that long ago, I did my submit on the 2nd August. You are right, of course ... watching all those clips does take a while and it is probably not the most enjoyable work you can do. A typical task for some interns =P

I mean, if there is something really wrong about my run, I would probably just try again. I am a maniac, I am so obsessed with this Ultimate challenge and if they reject my run, I'll do another one. I got still this weekend to manage another run before I have to work alot again. But not getting any kind of response after a week is a little disappointing.

Where did you send it? I guess you would get an answer if you poked Josh on Twitter. Maybe...

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

16 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Where did you send it? I guess you would get an answer if you poked Josh on Twitter. Maybe...

I did send it to theultimate@obsidian.net as posted here. I do not even have twitter. 

You know what ? I'll do another run. A faster one. They'll get a better one. Quitting on my SC monk for now. I have a job to do.

Edited by Tenray
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tenray said:

I did send it to theultimate@obsidian.net as posted here. I do not even have twitter. 

You know what ? I'll do another run. A faster one. They'll get a better one. Quitting on my SC monk for now. I have a job to do.

Check your spam mailbox maybe. They answered me in ~3 days. And verified it in 11 days.

just wanted to confirm some other things said earlier - I previously had speculated that if I were to try again, I would maybe go for Woedica because their spiritual weapon (monk fists + raw lash) is better than skaen's (club/stiletto + pierce lash).

But I think to confirm what Decadency alluded to, I honestly can't imagine doing a brilliant-based run that doesn't have a huge source of invisibility like skaen does (or blood mage) thanks to Arcane Dampener and Arcane Cleansing. Nemnok wasn't bad - just had to bait it all out with a few spiritual allies. But Concelhaut is giving me a surprising amount of trouble for my practice character because Concelhaut appears to be on a timer instead of having authentic spell casts, which means casting Dampener or Cleansing even after they've already cast a few. I just had a practice character die because they got Skyward Kicked and were lying on the ground and during the like 1.5s of lying down and then additional standing up time, Concelhaut started and then completed an Arcane Cleansing I didn't know they had left. (Invisibility also helps against dodging Form of the Helpless Beast, which I needed to do a couple times with Nemnok and in Forgotten Sanctum. Not as critical though because with all my buffs Helpless Beasts's tusks are a decent weapon [my practice character literally knocked off like 50% of the final oracle's health just with tusks], and I ended up picking up Monastic Unarmed Training as backup just for these cases where I un-shapeshift and no longer have spiritual weapon.)

That being said, it's just a matter of time still. My practice character is doing way better on time than I anticipated - at Concelhaut with 17 days left, with only Auranic and Ukaizo remaining. My real character is catching up and approaching Act IV. Sometimes I fantasize about being able to play Deadfire for pure fun again.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1