24 minutes ago, Raven Darkholme said:

Just cast phantom to engage concelhaut, Storm of Holy fire, then withdraw, rinse and repeat, lol.

lol, yeah i had a bit of tunnel vision. literally like 30 minutes ago, I was like "wait I got several scrolls of maelstrom from FS". a few high level scrolls + holy fire wiped most everything out and then i could just keep concelhaut mule kicked until they died. i forgot that most of bekarna's observatory targets a much lower level and everyone has pretty low defenses and health compared to some other areas even with upscaling.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, thelee said:

lol, yeah i had a bit of tunnel vision. literally like 30 minutes ago, I was like "wait I got several scrolls of maelstrom from FS". a few high level scrolls + holy fire wiped most everything out and then i could just keep concelhaut mule kicked until they died. i forgot that most of bekarna's observatory targets a much lower level and everyone has pretty low defenses and health compared to some other areas even with upscaling.

Have you checked how I killed him in my run?)

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Decadency said:

Have you checked how I killed him in my run?)

i didn't watch that part until just now, though i did end up doing that for the sigils in auranic.

my practice run ended up clearing with tons of time to spare (14 days). meticulous notes with every consumable and path plotted out and fight strategies that are pretty RNG-proof.  hopefully in a couple weeks i'll also be getting validated. the only thing i'm particularly worried about is bad RNG with scordeo's (fortunately I have lots of coping strategies, it'll just add some time) or a game-breaking soft lock that happened once to my practice character against the ukaizo dragon.

also - holy hell with 4 megabosses down, the ukaizo dragon is super tanky, mostly because of stupidly high AR.

Edited by thelee

Bu when you get some some sort of lock and can't proceed (and it's the game's fault not yours) I guess it's fair game to just explain what is/was happening, kill the game process and reload. I'm pretty sure that's ok. I mean better to try it and take that chance than scrapping the run altogether. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

ultimo2.thumb.jpg.8c85fe2e8fa3a79bd7acdb3895729476.jpg

Hello guys, I just finished Ultimate Run No.2.

My personal goal was sub 10 hours and I managed to do it in 9:45 and I think it can be done even faster. This time I played as Priest/Rogue, was alot of fun. However I am thinking about uploading or not because as I already told you my internet connection is really bad and I actually have not any motivation to do so.

The reason for this is my first Ultimate run. Some people were pm-ing me about my first run and were asking when I am getting the approval and all I can say is: I don't know. I haven't got any kind of answer/response from Obsidian so far. I did send a reminder and got no reponse and I even send a  mail from a different domain, because I thought there might be something wrong with my email account. I have no clue if I got even disqualified or if they are still watching my videos. I cannot answer you these questions, I am sorry.

Nevertheless I have nothing to hide and like to share ideas and strategies and you can ask me whatever you want about running it as Priest/Rogue. I try to commnicate as well as I can and would happy to help you out if you try to beat the Ultimate as priest/rogue aswell.

For now I am really exhausted and I am not quite sure if I keep working on SC monk because some fights are really luck dependant, especially the arena fights. Probably I need a break from PoE2.

Edited by Tenray
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Tenray said:

Nevertheless I have nothing to hide and like to share ideas and strategies and you can ask me whatever you want about running it as Priest/Rogue. I try to commnicate as well as I can and would happy to help you out if you try to beat the Ultimate as priest/rogue aswell.

It's a shame, I wonder what's up?

What did you go with for priest/rogue? Still Skaen? Or maybe not because now rogue gives you lots of invisibility options? (I'm assuming this build is also brilliant cloak-dependent.)

Is Smoke Veil decent or is the duration too short compared to just picking up Shadowing Beyond?

I have to imagine that given that brilliant+bdd based strategies keep you at approximately 1 health for entire fights that Streetfighter would be an incredible pick, even with scordeo's buff in tow.

edit - dang, was gonna try to DM @jesawyer to get some attention on your run, but his privacy settings are locked down a bit. (i was going to tweet, but an earlier tweet-response I got from @jesawyer about the ultimate got deleted, so I think they're trying to avoid saying much publicly about the ultimate runs.)

Edited by thelee

2 minutes ago, thelee said:

I really don't know =(

What did you go with for priest/rogue? Still Skaen? Or maybe not because now rogue gives you lots of invisibility options? (I'm assuming this build is also brilliant cloak-dependent.)

Is Smoke Veil decent or is the duration too short compared to just picking up Shadowing Beyond?

I have to imagine that given that brilliant+bdd based strategies keep you at approximately 1 health for entire fights that Streetfighter would be an incredible pick, even with scordeo's buff in tow.

I played as Woedica/Streetfighter. Primarily because of the streetfighter bonus you get while being on 1 health all the time.For some encounters I used Belt of Magrans Chosen to flank myself in order to deal more damage against a single target enemy for example Dorudugan. I picked up Woedica because as a rogue we got access to invis anyways AND the Spritual Weapon from Woedica is insane. The Hands dealing additional raw damage. 

Smoke Veil is totally fine. I never upgraded it. With a a couple of points in INT it lasts for 10 seconds which is enough for my playstyle, you can however reroll if you are higer lvl and pick up Shadowing Beyond, which I would recommend if you feel safer with it because it's duration is alot higher. But it's really not that needed.

And yes you are right about Scordeo's. If you get double streetfighter buff you really do not need Scordeos. However I went for the saferoute and picked it up for the mega bosses. I did some testing however and you can beat all megabosses without scordoes except Hauani O Whe (ooze). Since we do not have any access to CC we just have to burst as much as we can, which streetfighter is really good at. You can go for Priest of Wael and get Gaze of the Adragan, but the Spiritual Weapon is so bad.

Shroud of the Phantasm was actually only used ONCE in this run at Jadaferlas. After Jadaferlas you can get the upgraded version of your watcher ability and trigger Brilliant. From this point I decided to make a rest-run. My first Ultimate Run ended with an ingame time of 71 days, so I got alot of time left. I did plan to rest 15 times for my new run in order to kill everything which is in total 5 days and 8 hours that you need to invest for resting. At this point you will notice that I still have time left and it should be manageable.

You might ask yourself but how about protecting your Brilliant buff from being dispelled. That is also the reason I picked up Rogue. I skilled Slippery Mind which gives you immunity to mind afflictions while you are near death, which we are permamently. So there is no need for Captains Banquet or Waels Wind. In fact I picked up Shark Soup a couple of times which makes you immune to EVERYTHING combined with Slippery Mind. Quite funny.

Enjoy.

Tenray

• Like 4

Just now, thelee said:

wait what?? am i a moron and missed something obvious?

If you make the right choices in the first god convo, your 1/rest watcher ability gives you a level 1 INT inspiration. If you make the right choices in the second convo, it upgrades to a level 2 inspiration. And then again in the third convo to get to level 3. It requires some mix of Clever/Passionate/general-smartass responses to do this, I’ve never written down the exact choices. 

It’s still only 1/rest but anybody can get it, and it has a huge duration. You need to trigger it by casting it on somebody, but hey, Vela’s standing right there. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thelee said:

wait what?? am i a moron and missed something obvious?

As Wotcha said, doing right choices for all god conversations.

As for combat:

- start fight safe if you want with traps OR immobilize + withdraw and invis

- cast Wit of Deaths Herald on Vela => you get Brilliant

- start buffing as usual 

Needs however resting because all Watcher abilities are per rest only.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tenray said:

ultimo2.thumb.jpg.8c85fe2e8fa3a79bd7acdb3895729476.jpg

Hello guys, I just finished Ultimate Run No.2.

My personal goal was sub 10 hours and I managed to do it in 9:45 and I think it can be done even faster. This time I played as Priest/Rogue, was alot of fun. However I am thinking about uploading or not because as I already told you my internet connection is really bad and I actually have not any motivation to do so.

The reason for this is my first Ultimate run. Some people were pm-ing me about my first run and were asking when I am getting the approval and all I can say is: I don't know. I haven't got any kind of answer/response from Obsidian so far. I did send a reminder and got no reponse and I even send a  mail from a different domain, because I thought there might be something wrong with my email account. I have no clue if I got even disqualified or if they are still watching my videos. I cannot answer you these questions, I am sorry.

For now I am really exhausted and I am not quite sure if I keep working on SC monk because some fights are really luck dependant, especially the arena fights. Probably I need a break from PoE2.

So how did you trigger Brilliant with rogue?

44 minutes ago, Wotcha said:

If you make the right choices in the first god convo, your 1/rest watcher ability gives you a level 1 INT inspiration. If you make the right choices in the second convo, it upgrades to a level 2 inspiration. And then again in the third convo to get to level 3. It requires some mix of Clever/Passionate/general-smartass responses to do this, I’ve never written down the exact choices. 

It’s still only 1/rest but anybody can get it, and it has a huge duration. You need to trigger it by casting it on somebody, but hey, Vela’s standing right there. 

wow, i never realized they kept upgrading themselves. i always ended up with watcher upgrades that were a mix of inspirations, instead of one that just kept getting stronger.

even if it's per-rest, i had so much time at the end that having a foolproof brilliant buff as backup would've been nice.

1 minute ago, Decadency said:

So how did you trigger Brilliant with rogue?

I posted the strategy here alreay. I called it "new hippster strat".

- Blunderbluss + Belt of Magrans Chosen

- Shoot Vela in some safe corner and summon the Fire Blight of her

- Heal yourself and wait for the Fire Blight to trigger Brilliant

wow, i never realized they kept upgrading themselves. i always ended up with watcher upgrades that were a mix of inspirations, instead of one that just kept getting stronger.

even if it's per-rest, i had so much time at the end that having a foolproof brilliant buff as backup would've been nice.

i've posted video guide in first part of ultimate thread🤦‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

5 minutes ago, Tenray said:

I posted the strategy here alreay. I called it "new hippster strat".

- Blunderbluss + Belt of Magrans Chosen

- Shoot Vela in some safe corner and summon the Fire Blight of her

- Heal yourself and wait for the Fire Blight to trigger Brilliant

Ah that one... So why do you need rogue? Why not SC priest?

4 minutes ago, Decadency said:

Ah that one... So why do you need rogue? Why not SC priest?

Well I did some testing on bosses before going the Ultimate Run and Priest/Rogue with buffs and Hands from Woedica just deals insane damage which makes alot fights easier. You can crit for 200+ with each hand. It's absurd.

SC priest does work aswell, no doubt. It just does less damage.

Edited by Tenray

5 minutes ago, Tenray said:

Well I did some testing on bosses before going the Ultimate Run and Priest/Rogue with buffs and Hands from Woedica just deals insane damage which makes alot fights easier. You can crit for 200+ with each hand. It's absurd.

SC priest does work aswell, no doubt. It just does less damage.

I asked in Obsidian's discord about your run. Maybe someone will help.

Also as you did the second run and you like it more - maybe you wanna verify it instead?

Edited by Decadency

By the way: as single class Wizard you can still keep the one handed Great Sword from Citzal's Enchanted Armoury. I don't know if it then is not breaking (see Abydon's Challenge), but you can easily make two of those and dual wield them or simply wear a shield and still do two-hander damage.

What you do: cast Citzal's Enchanted Armory, then cast Concelhaut's Draining Touch (will replace the Great Sword in your main hand, you will have one handed Morning Star + Draining Touch). Armory can wear off before the fight ends. Fight then ends and Draining Touch vanishes, but you'll get the Great Sword. My starting setup was fist + blunderbuss (offhand) - don't know if that's important. Just did this accidentially while testing stuff. Thought this was fixed but it is not. 100% reproducable for me. Unfortunately the old trick with Armory + Form of the Fearsome Brute (keeping the Breastplate with 11 AR but 0 recovery) no longer works.

Maybe that's worth something - don't know.

• Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

23 hours ago, Boeroer said:

By the way: as single class Wizard you can still keep the one handed Great Sword from Citzal's Enchanted Armoury. I don't know if it then is not breaking (see Abydon's Challenge), but you can easily make two of those and dual wield them or simply wear a shield and still do two-hander damage.

What you do: cast Citzal's Enchanted Armory, then cast Concelhaut's Draining Touch (will replace the Great Sword in your main hand, you will have one handed Morning Star + Draining Touch). Armory can wear off before the fight ends. Fight then ends and Draining Touch vanishes, but you'll get the Great Sword. My starting setup was fist + blunderbuss (offhand) - don't know if that's important. Just did this accidentially while testing stuff. Thought this was fixed but it is not. 100% reproducable for me. Unfortunately the old trick with Armory + Form of the Fearsome Brute (keeping the Breastplate with 11 AR but 0 recovery) no longer works.

Maybe that's worth something - don't know.

That is really interesting indeed. I noticed a similar behaviour when using summonend weapons. In my case I used once on my multiclassed wizard Nannasin's Cobra Strike and Rot Skulls. If you cast Rot Skulls first and then Cobra you will have both summoned weapons in each hand. Simply means, double DoT on your target for more DPS.

____

I really forgot to mention something IMPORTANT about my Priest/Rogue Ultimate Run.

Wit of Deaths Herald (upgraded ability that gives you Brilliant) can be cast out of combat, therefore it's effect also last after combat ends !!! You can, and I did so in my run ofc, cycle it between each fight without the need to rest everytime. That's why I mentioned that I only need to rest like 15 times. If you prolong the buff long enough you can easily jump into the next fight without resting, for example the arena fights in SSS or in the Forgotten Sanctum.

Enjoy. As always. #IdoNotHideStrats

Tenray

Edited by Tenray
  • Like 4

Hello boys and girls,

I am happy to present you my 2nd Ultimate run played as a Zealot (Streetfighter/Woedica). Since I have already shared some information about my run regarding skill choices, pathing etc. I decided not writing a novel here and just link you my playlist.

The only important thing I have to mention: All clips are unedited except for part 4. The reason for this is simply that my game bugged out, sadly it does happen regularly on the bridge in SSS, and I needed a workaround for this bug. At this interaction I was forced to Alt+4 / terminate the window and start again. As Josh mentioned once, these kind of bugs do not directly disqualify you and I also asked someone and got told that such a bug would technically not disqualify me.

Nevertheless it happened and the best way to get around this IMO, is simply to play as a druid/wizard and repair the bridge OR as I did in my Ultimate Run respecc into 14 mechanics/survival and repair it this way (this will however cost you 2 days of ingame time).

Rest of the clips is completely unedited footage. I can certainly say as for my first run, no cheats, no console commands etc. OFC

At the moment I am planning to create a compilation showing you all funny bugs/glitches/tricks that I have found so far. My third attempt with a SC monk is yea well ... let's say the progress stagnates and it's far less motivating to play lately. I am not sure if I am just exhausted on PoE2 or that playing as a SC monk is just too "random". Behaviour of WotW is too random when you are fighting bigger groups of enemies and the amount of withdraw scrolls and potions I need is so unreal that it really demotivates me playing monk. 

Potions and scrolls wouldn't be the problem if Vela wasn't there. She is actually the real problem =S

HOWEVER I still think it is very possible to do the Ultimate as a monk, but it does take alot more time, alot more tries and alot more nerves/patience tbh. 

Enjoy.

Tenray

Edited by Tenray
  • Like 2