1 hour ago, Decadency said:

Part 5 (giant wurm and watershaper’s guild dragon):

https://youtu.be/Jw6QLjwrNeA

I am doing it similiar for the water drake (Scyorielaphas).

But the strategy that works for me consistently with 0 risk dieing is as follows:

- Solve the puzzle

- Close interaction window

- Cast Halt (Immobilize) on Vela

- Go through the door (because Vela is immobilized she stays alot closer to the door now)

- When the fight starts run "into" the door, you can go quite deeper into it than you might think (because this way you are actually out of range for the grab attack from the Water Whips)

- When the water drake casts his water wave there is roughly a chance of 50-60% that Vela gets pushed into the door, out of range from the Water Whips aswell. If not, it's not that bad because she is at least in range so you can cast SoT on both of you

Starting with an Immobilize on her, worked alot better for me BEFORE you enter the room.

Edited by Tenray
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Decadency said:

Well it’s not that dangerous. I was just too slow.

Really ? I died quite often there. Happenend too often that I got grabbed multiple times in a row while Vela dies beacuse BDD runs out. But I guess everyone has his personal preferences =D

My personal three horror fights that I am always afraid of are:

- Battle Royale

- Nemnok

- Water Drake

Everything else is quite easy, as a Priest/Wizard, especially when the enemy encounter has no Arcane Cleanse or Arcane Dampener. You literally cannot die.

Edited by Tenray

12 hours ago, Decadency said:

Also I’d say that you 100% need any invisibility before going to Nemnok

why?

boy I wish I had any significant amount of time to get this done. i was mapping out my final act last night into chunks of time that i could do in one evening a piece, and that still will take me a couple weeks to do, and that's ignoring any roadblocks i hit with my practice character that i need to find a solution to (and thus re-rehearse).

Edited by thelee

Published part 6

and 7

with Nemnok, Belranga, Fire Dragon and Concelhaut fights. Concelhaut was later cause I wanted to get level 19 first and I needed Arkemyr’s Grimoire for Seeker Slayer Survivor. Also Concelhaut’s scull is pretty cool to have vs Hauani O Whe.

• Like 1

@Decadency, watching through some of your videos, I'm getting convinced that bloodmage/skaen (or bloodmage/priest+invis) is probably the best ultimate build, even if brilliant trigger is a bit more annoying than how a tactician could do it.

Some of the fights that I struggle with on my rehearsal runs you have no problem with and it just boils down to the ability to AoE or DPS more consistently. Tactician/Skaen just really is rather slow when it's not a 1-on-1 or boss fight (not that it's particularly fast then, but at least it's pretty idiot-proof). Though it does hint to me that I need to respec to arcana sooner to help with some of the mob trash fights (I was saving that respec for my megaboss circuit).  As an example - I'm trying to rehearse a water dragon clear with my practice character, and just the naga that i need to kill to get the quest item is getting a major headache, whereas you just happen to drop a couple of freezing pillars before all the blight summoning can get out of control.

edit - i wonder if i could also get away with using serafen's weapon and using vela as a tank

edit 2 - also learned a useful trick for keeping vela back from your vids, using spiritual ally to bring a mob back to trigger her cowering. thanks!

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

@thelee: I agree, of course. Skaen/BM is really good, I have made it aswell with that class combo. But triggering Brilliant gets insanely annoying after you have failed like 15 runs already, like me =D

___

I am currently working on a SC monk, I am still figuring out 4 more boss fights, then I would try to do SC monk Ultimate. Probably already starting this weekend. Still uploading my current run at the same time #GermanInternetConnectionGG while working on my SC monk run, lol.

After doing some boss fights as monk, I can tell that it is alot more fun than proccing Brilliant and overbuffing yourself. As a monk you just enter the fight, throw in 2 buffs and you are good to go. The only problem is Vela ... I still have to quicksave/quickload alot of times because positioning of Vela is really tough.

WotW spamm is really nice but unfortunatelly you lose aggro because you are "invis" and the enemies start running back to their old position/spawn point.

Does anyone know a good way of "dropping" Vela somewhere safely as a monk before starting a fight or maybe a way to immobilize her as a monk ? Could not find anything useful yet.

9 hours ago, Tenray said:

Does anyone know a good way of "dropping" Vela somewhere safely as a monk before starting a fight or maybe a way to immobilize her as a monk ? Could not find anything useful yet.

You can use a long range spell (Crackling Bolt/ Plague of Insects) to trigger combat and then withdraw Vela far from enemies spawning point. A more extreme thing you can do is to use Anguish to push her away before withdrawing her. 

• Like 1

hm, another reason why skaen/bloodmage is better. rehearsing the water dragon fight, a plain tactician/skaen is literally impossible. there's just no way to de-aggro to actually do buffing. the only viable solution appears to be probably what decadency shows in their vid, which is to buff with the cloak brilliant buff before hand and carry it over from a previous fight (fortunately now i can use the blight summon explosion to my favor to act as a brilliant trigger).

so either way, you're going to need a cloak (whereas before i just had it as a backup), so you don't get as much from the tactician.

though i appreciate seeing your vids. i'm probably going to respec just to pick up shining beacon because with a mid-fight briliant trigger, just being able to spam any kind of aoe is probably going to a big help.

Edited by thelee

Hello boys and girls,

I am finally done. Videos are done processing. Ask me anything you want if you find something weird about my run and start scratching your head =D

Submit was made to Obsidian, let's hope they approve it.

Sorry @Decadency if I am posting it here aswell, but I honestly think there should be a new thread created consisting of everyone who managed to achieve the Ultimate. A thread where only youtube/dropbox w/e urls are linked. Would be a little more organized, wouldn't it ? Either you or me could create one.

But nevertheless. Enjoy my run if you have the time to watch. Rougly 12 hours total (3 hours no fighting at all just questing).

FULL RUN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6RIB3zV2cE&list=PLZKwaOuQ1KOOkeVx1gORfWqGv0bDOU_nY

Edited by Tenray
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Tenray said:

Hello boys and girls,

I am finally done. Videos are done processing. Ask me anything you want if you find something weird about my run and start scratching your head =D

Submit was made to Obsidian, let's hope they approve it.

Sorry @Decadency if I am posting it here aswell, but I honestly think there should be a new thread created consisting of everyone who managed to achieve the Ultimate. A thread where only youtube/dropbox w/e urls are linked. Would be a little more organized, wouldn't it ? Either you or me could create one.

But nevertheless. Enjoy my run if you have the time to watch. Rougly 12 hours total (3 hours no fighting at all just questing).

FULL RUN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6RIB3zV2cE&list=PLZKwaOuQ1KOOkeVx1gORfWqGv0bDOU_nY

Well :) It's much faster than my 37 hours

1 hour ago, Decadency said:

Well :) It's much faster than my 37 hours

You were still the first one =D

Last part of my run is so horrible. I blame the beer.

Sailed into a storm like a noob, miss-casted spells at the Auranic Sigilmaster and casted Concelhauts Hammer on myself for 10 minutes (quick epic script midfight).

1 minute ago, Decadency said:

Oh... I watched a little and thought it was some kinda reflection xD

That's excatly what I thought first: "Wtf why does Ukaizo Guardian reflect sometimes .... Ah right script turned on selfcast ..." #Facepalm

Part 14. Memory Hoarder (also I sail to Neketaka cause I had no rum to craft Captain's Banquete and come back to the Forgotten Sanctum after the Beast of Winter):

Part 15 of 16 (Maura and Oracle of Wael):

https://youtu.be/_mxwey-cHMM

Part 16 of 16 Finale (Arcane Sigilmaster and Guardian of Ukaizo):

https://youtu.be/JyDUiqrSKAo

• Like 1

welp, this is my nightmare. after verifying a water dragon clear with my practice char i decided to sail around with my practice char to see how much left I had for actual content, and when all sailing is done, I have 20 days for content (20 days just for sailing). Using some rough estimates, I need 24 days to do all the content...

It's possible there might be a faster sailing route or some efficiencies I can get from some of the content (though I don't anticipate megabosses will be faster than 1.5 days, and timing FS on a practice clear it took 3 days roughly so I don't think I'll do better here), but tactician/skaen might just be too slow for the Ultimate. My real character is sitting still in Act III so I could reset my practice character to see if there's a better path, but I might be hitting a point soon where I have to toss in the towel on the tactician/skaen.