[4.1.2 Bug] Passive Rest bonus not stack correctly with Active bonus

dunehunter

Question

As topic, I find that the rest bonus from Hot Razor Skewers cannot be stacked with Weapon Modal, Tenacious sometime, my game version is 4.1.2. Below shows the screenshot of provement.

HGmxfLx.jpg9zbSryV.jpg?1

As you can see I have rest bonus +2 PEN from Hot Razor Skewers, and I have sword modal Half Sword on, but I cannot get both pen bonus.

I also try to case Champion's Boons on my Pallgena but it fails miserably...

Wksbl4W.jpgOOiJcCa.jpg

Edited by dunehunter

7 answers to this question

Subbing. Always thought this was by design.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

rest bonuses are all active bonuses, so they shouldn't stack (and in my memory, they've never stacked like a passive).

this isn't limited to hot razor skewers, literally every rest bonus i can think of obeys stacking rules.

edit - stacking is a bit complicated, so if hot razor skewers has a "generic" +2 PEN, then it should stack with weapon modal-specific +2 PEN.

Did you actually try in combat to see the stacking effects (with combat log entries)? Stuff you see out of combat or in your inventory is frequently inaccurate because things aren't necessarily "activated" until you're in combat or making an attack roll.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 2

rest bonuses are all active bonuses, so they shouldn't stack (and in my memory, they've never stacked like a passive).

this isn't limited to hot razor skewers, literally every rest bonus i can think of obeys stacking rules.

edit - stacking is a bit complicated, so if hot razor skewers has a "generic" +2 PEN, then it should stack with weapon modal-specific +2 PEN.

Did you actually try in combat to see the stacking effects (with combat log entries)? Stuff you see out of combat or in your inventory is frequently inaccurate because things aren't necessarily "activated" until you're in combat or making an attack roll.

Yeah I did check it in combat log.

I never saw universal rest bonuses stack with universal actives - modals are actives (but not necessarily universal ones).

If there's a bug then it if they do stack I would presume.

Unless it's generic vs. specific boost which don't seem to be in the same "group" when it comes to stacking rules.

--> see defense buff to all defenses stacking with single defense buff. E.g. Vigorous Defense stacking its deflection with Mirrored Image. Or Devotion stacking its melee/ranged ACC with universal ACC buffs.

Also: didn't Kaylon say they don't stack?

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Also: didn't Kaylon say they don't stack?

He wrote:

Last time I checked the penetration bonus from weapon's modal stacked with food/other active buffs.

P.S. At the moment food and modals are considered active effects. And since active effects don't stack, these penetration bonuses (from food and modals) should not stack either (since they both use the same PenetrationRating StatusEffectType).

P.P.S. Although I would note again: it's kinda strange that modals with unlimited effect duration are considered actives and not passives.

• Like 2