Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

ktchong

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, melkathi said:

So is this releasing this month?

VTMB2? It was delayed awhile ago. Now looking at digital store fronts you'll see it set for December 31st, 2020 which is short hand for "we're in alpha and we have no idea how long bug squashing is going to take".

Edited by the_dog_days

I'm expecting a September/October window. To capitalize on Halloween. Though being an immersive sim, they might want to get out of the gates before 2077, and not so close to the Holiday window.

They need to not make the same mistake of releasing on top of another bigger release. They clearly realized release when a Half-Life is launching is a death kiss.

• Like 2

Cyberpunk is currently set for release late summer or early autumn. Unless either game delays into 2021 while the other stays put, I don't see how VTMB2 isn't going to suffer in sells due to Cyberpunk. Ironic given that VTMB2 and 2077 were both supposed to come out in spring and VTMB2 announced first their delay.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, melkathi said:

I can't put a finger to it, but there is something about Bloodlines promotionals that makes me less interested in playing the game.

Probably the complete lack of focus on the Masquerade aspect of the setting. I mean, it looks like a pretty violent horror type game in that trailer. There are plenty of those on the market.

• Thanks 1

Probably. The game could be anything. And the whole no clan, thinblood disciplines just further seen to disassociate everything I see from a well established setting. The knew embraced fledgling who jumps around like spidervampire and throws people about with telekinesis.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Yeah -- more to the point, the fact that there's a focus on the weird, while plot, world-building and characters all take a back seat.

There's probably nothing wrong with the game, it's just the way some trailers are done, I guess? More Dragon Age "tHiS iS tHe NeW ****" and less DOS2.

After the demo a few months ago, they may simply be attempting to address impressions that the gameplay is clunky and unsophisticated, while taking for granted that the game will be great narratively. We'll see.

• Thanks 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

They haven't been instilling any faith in me that it will be great narratively in the WoD. What they have been showing is too much own ideas.

Ah, well, we'll see when it comes out. But they got me from considering pre-ordering to waiting for sale.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm a Dead State backer, so I am very willing to trust Brian Mitsoda to deliver great writing. I just hope it will be Vampire the Masquerade.

Have that on my shelf as well. The one I played the most was Hunter, but I gave all my books away when I moved from the UK to Greece. Too much weight.

• Gasp! 1

30 minutes ago, melkathi said:

On that note, I wish someone brought out a Changeling the Dreaming game.

Isn't The Lost considered to be the superior Changeling line? I never had much experience with anything beyond Vampire, really.

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

I just hope it will be Vampire the Masquerade.

As opposed to Requiem? As I understand it, 5E Vampire is based on Masquerade with some setting elements lifted from Requiem, though I've never read up on the latter so I wouldn't know.

For what it's worth, Requiem has a tighter setting (especially in regards to the shared cosmology) and better rules. Or so I was told.

6 minutes ago, Oner said:

For what it's worth, Requiem has a tighter setting (especially in regards to the shared cosmology) and better rules. Or so I was told.

It also excises the Judeo-Christian subtext behind the curse of vampirism (iirc), which may or may not be a good thing depending on your preferences.

I liked the Caine stuff myself, but I guess it was otherwise a point of contention.

1 hour ago, Oner said:

As opposed to Requiem? As I understand it, 5E Vampire is based on Masquerade with some setting elements lifted from Requiem, though I've never read up on the latter so I wouldn't know.

As opposed to the "So you like vampire? Well, let me tell you my awesome rewrite of the setting!"