What you did today?

Gorth

How about "Wolfe­schlegel­stein­hausen­berger­dorff­welche­vor­altern­waren­gewissen­haft­schafers­wessen­schafe­waren­wohl­gepflege­und­sorg­faltig­keit­be­schutzen­vor­an­greifen­durch­ihr­raub­gierig­feinde­welche­vor­altern­zwolf­hundert­tausend­jah­res­voran­die­er­scheinen­von­der­erste­erde­mensch­der­raum­schiff­genacht­mit­tung­stein­und­sieben­iridium­elek­trisch­motors­ge­brauch­licht­als­sein­ur­sprung­von­kraft­ge­start­sein­lange­fahrt­hin­zwischen­stern­artig­raum­auf­der­suchen­nach­bar­schaft­der­stern­welche­ge­habt­be­wohn­bar­planeten­kreise­drehen­sich­und­wo­hin­der­neue­rasse­von­ver­stand­ig­mensch­lich­keit­konnte­fort­pflanzen­und­sicher­freuen­an­lebens­lang­lich­freude­und­ru­he­mit­nicht­ein­furcht­vor­an­greifen­vor­anderer­intelligent­ge­schopfs­von­hin­zwischen­stern­art­ig­raum"?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

3 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Sounds like it might summon an elder god

only if spoken aloud, three times in succession, and w/o any mistakes. 

still need some kinda sacrifice though.  sounds german...ish.

cute-dachshund-puppy-pic.jpg

add in the adorable dachshund sacrifice requirement and am guessing we would all be safe from even intentional attempts to summon y'ha-nthlei. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Amentep said:

is a funny enough joke, particular in full with the 

"Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus"

one assumes he went by hubert blaine 'stead o' adolph blaine 'cause o' the whole adolf taint... which in itself is kinda amusing.  that is the part o' the name you alter?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Summertime is here, and the company has changed all departures and arrivals to the lower amount of packages, meaning I have absolutely **** all to do the first four hours of my workday. Well, basically **** all, 2 Arrivals/2 departures in 4 hours is pretty much nothing. Bored out of my skull, nothing interesting on youtube.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

6 hours ago, Azdeus said:

nothing interesting on youtube. 

I'm watching this since a few days. It made me lol a few times already.

• Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Thanks, I'll give it a go on monday :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I have had an extremely busy work week but its been very constructive as I learn the customer landscape in CPT, its interesting  but CPT doesnt have the head offices  of any of the major  SA banks but it does have large  insurance, retirement fund HQ and investment managers so the work is similar to what I did in JHB and so is the expected projects and methodology around specific deliverable's  

Tomorrow Im working from lunchtime and then Sunday I'm  seeing some of family for lunch so its going to be  a relaxed but good weekend 🥂

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Gorgon said:

My comic store, which I have been frequenting for 30 years, is not closing after all.

All is well in the world. 

When I first read that I thought YOU owned the store! I thought "wow when did that happen?"

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Gorgon said:

hhaa. I wish. 

You'd spend the whole day reading your merchandise! You'd never get anything done!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The other day I guess I fell asleep and when I woke up I was TOTALLY confused about morning or night, what day it was, why hubby was at home at his desk, and so on. Stood in his office doorway asking confused questions and insisting he had to be wrong, while he gazed at me with a bit of concern. I mean we all do that once in a great while maybe but this was really severe. 10 minutes later I still felt confused and just decided to "forget about it" and ate some ice cream.

I'm losing it. :(:lol:

Edit: in other news, I finally changed out the front intake case fan on the old PC tower and can now finally resume having it on 24/7 because it's much quieter again. Those little things that give us "peace" in life. Teehee

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ive been busy doing stuff around the house this weekend. Yesterday I unclogged a pants-crappingly high gutter and downspout and replaced the float valve in one of the toilets. Today Ill probably replace my garbage disposal. I already bought it, I just have to muster the motivation to install it.

• Like 1

Pulled weeds for an hour or so then went to Best Buy to get a new Chromecast for the TV in the basement. As I'm checking out I buy the little 5 bucks warranty they offer me because my last one broke in less than a year and where I live now the store is less than 10 minutes away. Anyways, I give them my phone number and the dude asks me to make sure my info is correct and surprisingly it was. I just moved 3 months ago and I still own the old place but they had my new address and everything even though I'm not sure how as I haven't bought anything from them in store or online in who knows how long.

Big brother got me.

Free games updated 3/4/21

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Pulled weeds for an hour or so then went to Best Buy to get a new Chromecast for the TV in the basement. As I'm checking out I buy the little 5 bucks warranty they offer me because my last one broke in less than a year and where I live now the store is less than 10 minutes away. Anyways, I give them my phone number and the dude asks me to make sure my info is correct and surprisingly it was. I just moved 3 months ago and I still own the old place but they had my new address and everything even though I'm not sure how as I haven't bought anything from them in store or online in who knows how long.

Big brother got me.

I had a medical bill come to a home I was visiting while on break between homes during a move, it wasn't even the address I forwarded to as my short term permanent address. It was the place I was visiting. That's how crazy location tracking is becoming. And the bill came only to that place, none of the other places that would have been on records so It's not like they shotgunned it to get hold of me.

• Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

On 6/27/2019 at 4:32 AM, melkathi said:

It occurred to me that I need to learn to code, then make a game with True Perma-Death 💀: when your character dies, the game will automatically uninstall itself and delete itself from your Steam/GOG/Epic(😱) account, forcing you to repurchase if you want to try again.

Even the old nethack didn't go that far... it deleted your save when you loaded it and created a new save when you exited the game. If you died while playing (and RNG could be brutal) it was back to rolling a new level 1 ;)

Edit: Spent the weekend with friends, enjoying food, drinks and live music. Locals in a small town, rural Victoria, but some of it was pretty good. All of them talented with good voices etc., just different levels of experience. Hard to not feel sorry for a duo that were obviously very shy and insecure, but the singer? She had a fantastic voice, just need to learn to let go of herself in front of an audience, even a small one

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On saturday I sold my black Volvo 940 -91, yesterday I bought a white Volvo 240 -91 :blush:

• Like 2

Got ordered 5 hours overtime each day this week. Great start on a monday.

The third quarter begins today. Our projects are funded quarterly so it's going to be a busy week. Well... to too bad. The planning has been done for weeks. My projects are all levee reinforcement so I catch myself humming this all day long:

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell