Herald Summoner - Which Build do you follow?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. For a Summoner class, which option do you choose?

• Beckoner
    • Troubadour
    • I'm in doubt
    • I prefer the other subclasses of Chanter.
  2. 2. Which Paladin do you choose for the summoner build?

• Kind Wayfarers
    • The Shieldbearers of St. Elcga
    • Goldpact Knights
    • Bleak Walkers
    • I'm in doubt
    • I prefer the other subclasses of Paladin.

This is the question that I see most being made in this Forum on this topic, that so vote and leave your opinion? Help others get started and even see new perspectives. :dancing:
Remember to vote please !!!

37a7b850eef8c9cd25df0a63f0261b22-full.jp

List Topics About:
You can also link to relevant topics that help the galley.

Edited by michel.montenegro

This is the question that I see most being made in this Forum on this topic, that so vote and leave your opinion? Help others get started and even see new perspectives. :dancing:

37a7b850eef8c9cd25df0a63f0261b22-full.jp

List Topics About:

You can also link to relevant topics that help the galley.

Troubadour is ridiculously good, I don't see any point in using other Chanter subclass.

Paladin, any subclass can be good but I prefer Goldpact and Bleak Walker. 

Try Steel Garrote. Old Siec and Steel Garrote do stack (also with the Blood Ward from Furyshaper by the way). Give your Steel Garrote/Troubadour dual mortars (main hand Mnad Mortar with Blinding Smoke, offhand Fire in the Hole) and let him chant Mith Fyr + Old Siec an behold how he heals a lot when he shoots at mobs with FoD.

Don't know if it's best, but it sure is fun as Hel.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Troubadour is ridiculously good, I don't see any point in using other Chanter subclass.

Paladin, any subclass can be good but I prefer Goldpact and Bleak Walker. 

Goldpact: Would it be for extra armor when marking an enemy? (Prblema that still has the cost of Zeal as a limiter)

Bleak Walker: What is this good SubClass? Since I arrived, I have not seen anyone, talk about her.

Playing in the Penultima difficulty (4), I realized that even the paladino, I can not beat and kill like a crazy, and that I need to know when to retreat to give time, the music to activate the 1st summon. Is that right?

Doubt:
- I saw that Dual Weapon has synergy with the "Kind Wayfarers", because the healing takes x2 (healing 14 + 14).
- For what you like weapon and shield I have already indicated the "The Shieldbearers of St. Elcga"

Is this the way I choose my starting gun and the idcas are correct? The problem is if I catch Paladins as "Goldpact Knights", I have no idea what weapon to start to help me. A boy indicated medium shield and Dagger to have more "Survival", what do they recommend?

Remember to vote please !!! ^^

Beckoner: 1 sentence every 6s
Troubadour (Brisk Recitation On): 1 Sentence every 3s

Use Case: Skeleton Magic (3 per call), cost 3 + 1 for both (in case 4), consider each skeleton with 100hp and 100 base damage (Just to make it easier to count): In 12 seconds, how many invocations would each have? how much of the "wall of flesh"? and how much damage?

Beckoner:

• Activate Skill twice, then create 12 skeletons.
  • The invocations have only 50% of the hp, so the maximum flesh wall of the invocations would be 600hp in 12s
  • The general damage would be 1200 in 12s

Troubadour:

• Activate Skill three times, then create 9 skeletons.
  • If each esquelto has 100hp, then the maximum meat wall of the invocations would be 900hp in 12s
  • The general damage would be 900 in 12s

From what I understand the question of duration, it resolves with high Intellect (I do not know if it has items that help), but it does not seem to be anything that weighs so much against Beckoner.

Notoriously the Troubadour is more defensive (the most effective Meat Wall), while the Beckoner is more aggressive (Better DPS), in this case which to choose would be in charge of the effects applied in the invocations, for example, Chanter has Aefyllath Ues Mith Fyr(+ 25% Weapon Burn damage) and Shared Flames ( +15% Damage  Burn for 8s,  if Paladin Bleak Walkers then +12% corrode + Sickened for 8.s), this affects all invocations, so Beckoner should party with it (I do not know if anything else can have synergy with this type of build). The Builds Chants and Healing and Defense ends benefit both.

There is a Backoner combo, but I do not know if it's good, just read about it: 'Mith Fyr' + 'x6 wurms'
The 'Wurms' beat the distance and receive the bonus of 'Mith Fyr' (Bonus already quoted and has link). But they say Beckoner will go 30INT to excuse the 'Wurms' without interval (I believe it's to call again as soon as it's over).

Remembering that the Phrases last 6s (+ 3s of Permanence)

References:

So the main question remains.
How many spells can a Beckoner and Troubadour (Brisk Recitation On) stack at the same time?

One thing to keep in mind if you're not already familiar: if you plan on roleplaying a certain type of character, you might want to look into the dispositions associated with each Paladin subclass. You don't want to pick Steel Garrote, for example, if you're not comfortable playing a character that needs to keep the "cruel" disposition high. On the other end, best to avoid the Kind Wayfarer subclass if you're looking to play evil.

There's a list of dispositions associated with each Paladin Order here:

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Paladin#Orders

How many spells can a Beckoner and Troubadour (Brisk Recitation On) stack at the same time?

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding the question, but summoning spells don't persist at the same time. If your chanter summons a drake and then raises 3 skeletons, the drake will be automatically unsummoned (exception: Many Lives Pass By, Each Leaving Footprints). If you're looking at quantity of summons for CC or other reasons, that might be another notch for Beckoner.

Edited by Purudaya
  • Like 1

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding the question, but summoning spells don't persist at the same time. If your chanter summons a drake and then raises 3 skeletons, the drake will be automatically unsummoned (exception: Many Lives Pass By, Each Leaving Footprints). If you're looking at quantity of summons for CC or other reasons, that might be another notch for Beckoner.

I'm referring to the Chants, the songs that keep playing, they keep going and sometimes they seem to play at the same time, this is my question I can have 3 Chants or more active at the same time in my song? If so, does Chanter's SubClass make a difference?

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Chants

Order is only information about behavioral trend?

Friends I freed to be able to mark more than one option, I ended up forgetting to do this.

I'm fond of Bleak Walker or Kind Wayfarer combined with Troubadour. I'll also pick up both Weapon & Shield and Two Weapons styles and use one of the offhand weapon shields for two FoD procs.

Bleak Walkers: Except for deception, he generates Buff to nearby allies, causing everyone to have Corrosion and Sickened Affliction damage.

Doubt: Corrosion is one type of damage per second? Similar to Burn? Where can I see information?

Kind Wayfarer is similar to the Bleak Walkers, only he heals the Allies by hitting, if I remember correctly.

Doubt: Are both Kind Wayfarer and Bleak Walkers benefited from Dual Weapon? (When you hit twice activate x2 the effect? For example, the healing of 14 n end is 28? Corrosion I do not know how it works so I do not know if it's cumulative)

Note: FoD with Weapon + shield or 2h-Weapon, does not accumulate, only activates x1.

Bleak Walkers, is not it better with Beckoner? The double of invocations beating with fire damage?

Why Troubadour?- with high INT and normal chanting you can linger chants pretty much premanent and have two effects all the time on you. Which is great to combo offensive + defensive chant or 2 healing ones etc.

By  Voltron

"Troubadour can have 2 effects all the time" By Voltron

Then Beckoner can have 3 effects all the time?

No. Troubador gets longer linger when Brisk Recitation is off. They overlap permanently for troubadour. The other subclasses needs to have high INT to do the same.

This is bad, is not it?

Well, I'll rarely turn it off, since I want it just for the Phrases with the Brisk Recitation.

And if I get along with 'Brisk Recitation' off, are the 3 chants active at the same time? (Could stay more than 3)

I do not understand why the Voltron says that the maximum is 2 with T

Its not bad. It's just a different preference.

Chanter primarily does two things.

1) He sings phrases (6 seconds long) continuously. These phrases offer passive team support in a circle around chanter, like paladin aura. INT extends duration oh phrase with linger that overlap - good thing - with next phrase. Troubadour gets longer linger.

2) When he has sung enough phrases he can do an invocation. For example a summon.

Only one phrase can be sung at a time. But linger from previous phrase can add second effect. Chanter cannot have three effects at same time.

Edited by Frak
  • Like 1

Nerf Troubadour!

Its not bad. It's just a different preference.

Chanter primarily does two things.

1) He sings phrases (6 seconds long) continuously. These phrases offer passive team support in a circle around chanter, like paladin aura. INT extends duration oh phrase with linger that overlap - good thing - with next phrase. Troubadour gets longer linger.

2) When he has sung enough phrases he can do an invocation. For example a summon.

Only one phrase can be sung at a time. But linger from previous phrase can add second effect. Chanter cannot have three effects at same time.

1 °) I have 20 INT points, and the songs do not overlap. I only have one effect at a time. (See Image)

2) I discovered that I can not have Summon Sporelings at the same time as 'If their Bones Still Slept Under that Hill, None Can Say'! I can not have the invocations of Chanter and the Druid invocations at the same time.

Note: do you have any command or way to enable changes in the game so I can test builds in the game?

4aa2e5517075feb7fe132f8dd094ba9a-full.jp

"Brisk Recitation" turn off linger. Try turning "Brisk Recitation" off and see how linger works.

Oh yes. You cannot have two different summons at the same time from one character. This is why I also prefer beckoner. More summons at given time. ;)

There is a mod for testing build.  I don't use it, but is this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/2

• Like 1

Nerf Troubadour!

"Brisk Recitation" turn off linger. Try turning "Brisk Recitation" off and see how linger works.

Oh yes. You cannot have two different summons at the same time from one character. This is why I also prefer beckoner. More summons at given time. ;)

There is a mod for testing build.  I don't use it, but is this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/2

But if I leave OFF, I do not gain the Extra Phrase, and it loses its Advantage.

Yes, but you gain linger. ;)

Do not understand how the linger is good?

Duration 3s, and can restart, but the other Chant begins at the end of the 3s not giving time of the two occur at the same time.Or am I wrong?

Can not all Druid and chanter invocations be placed at the same time on the field?

If I have 1 character chanter and another character Druid, both go by their invocations normally correct? Why can not I get skeletons and spores on the field together?

Linger is good, because you can benefit from two different phrases at the same time. It's like two auras running simultaneously.

If you choose another phrase at level 2 and turn off Brisk Recitation, you can see it. Brisk Recitation doesn't allow linger.

No, one character may only have one summon on the field at a time.

If you have two characters, they can both have one summon on the field each. Two chanters can have 6 big skeletons on the field. or 12 (beckoner) small.

Or druid character and chanter character can have sporelings and skeletons

Edited by Frak
  • Like 1

Nerf Troubadour!

Doubt: Are both Kind Wayfarer and Bleak Walkers benefited from Dual Weapon? (When you hit twice activate x2 the effect? For example, the healing of 14 n end is 28? Corrosion I do not know how it works so I do not know if it's cumulative)

Note: FoD with Weapon + shield or 2h-Weapon, does not accumulate, only activates x1.

White Flames heal twice when used with dual-wielding.

Additionally you can stack enough passives for ~x1.77 healing done; and that's 2x14*1.77 = 49.56 which you can deliver every 3s if you want, with a fast weapon in offhand. And that's... a quite decent HPS, if we compare it with stuff like Consecrated Ground... although it is limited by zeal. And that's why I am thinking of Wayfarer/Tactician as main healer for my next run.

Btw, if you have a bashing shield it is still counted as dual-wielding (this is especially note-worthy for wayfarer/monks with Tuotilo's Palm).

For this reasons I would prefer Wayfarer over Steel Garrote in majority of non-solo cases.

For solo though, it would be another story, because SG can heal from weapon damage even with simple auto-attacks.

P.S. As for poll... it depends whom am I building.

If I had to make a summoner herald for a 5-man party, it would mostly likely be a summoner support.

So dumped PER, and not relying on weapon damage.

In this case:

- Wayfarer, Bleakwalker and Steel Garrote are out.

- Shieldbearer - is welcome IF I have someone built around using Barring Deaths Door, like Bloodmage.

- Goldpact - is welcome, due to extra tankiness.

- Darcozzi - just why?

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1