I want something cool, something not popular by other players, something edgy.

Preferably, their bonus skills would be diplomacy, insight and mechanics, with diplomacy and insight pretty high on list.

With one more caveat: multiclass should be unigue to this character in-game universe, so no cipher/barbarian (Serafen) or cipher/rogue (Ydwin).

I was thinking:

Cipher/chanter

cipher/priest

Anything I'm missing?

Edited by Melusina

I want something cool, something not popular by other players, something edgy.

Preferably, their bonus skills would be diplomacy, insight and mechanics, with diplomacy and insight pretty high on list.

With one more caveat: multiclass should be unigue to this character in-game universe, so no cipher/barbarian (Serafen) or cipher/rogue (Ydwin).

I was thinking:

Cipher/chanter

cipher/priest

Anything I'm missing?

You need to pick 2 under-powered classes, I offer you Furry Druid/Berarth Priest 

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Why is Fury underpowered?

However - Shieldbearers of St. Elcga are known to be diplomats. Diplomacy and Insight fits them.

That would be my first choice for the multiclass.

The second one would be Beguiler. This can cover the mechanics part and mind control. This combination is rather unusual because Shieldbearers are honest but Beguilers... not so much. ;)

You can pick passives with the paladin mostly because if played correctly, Beguilers can cast deception spells all the time. The occasional Flames of Devotion will give you good focus.

Actually while writing this I realized that this turns out to be a Deadfire version of my Counselor Ploi build from PoE. :) It was lots of fun.

Multiclassing with Streetfighter and using Apex Ward and Inspired Beacon would most likely be the more popular choice.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Anything with Cipher,

Ciphers really need to be blended with a strong physical attacking class.

It makes me sad because a priest of magran/cipher get 75 unique interactions, the most in the game for any class by far.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

You mean just unique among the recruitables? Because enemies can multiclass too, and there's a fair bunch of those :p

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

You mean just unique among the recruitables? Because enemies can multiclass too, and there's a fair bunch of those :p

Yes, that's right.

What's the trick to get the Fury shapeshift to deal damage? I've tried it multiclassed with Ranger, Barbarian, and Devoted. The Devoted experiment was very short lived since the -10 penalty applies to the Fury weapon. The Ranger was using a fairly normal high Per/Dex/Int and neutral Might and is currently 12 so no Driving Flight/Evasive fire which is when the build really comes online but I put it on hold because the build is getting significantly outdamaged by Eder. I then started a might stacking berserker since I noticed that there aren't a lot of +damage entries on the Fury attack so the might would probably make a difference. I think the attack feels okay at 30 Might and +2 pen but the confusion makes the jump hit the front line. Solveable but I haven't gotten around to it yet. The damage output is okay, fairly close to my standard Eder build. Summoning Flame Brand and playing like a normal Berserker is more effective, which isn't what I was hoping to get out of the build. I think the build is around level 10 so not a lot of combat but I wasn't that excited about it so it's on hold. This was all on the 1.1 patch and I didn't see if there was a Fury buff in 1.2.

Eder is my baseline for a damage build. He has decent stats but not optimized stats and I build him consistently every game (swashbuckler, DoC or Reckless Brigantine, Stalker's Patience + Mohora Tanga, vigorous defense, mob stance), use the same behavior on him (Confounding Blind then spam Penetrating strike) and let the AI mostly handle him. He puts out very respectable damage but a watcher striker build that's being actively managed should come out ahead, usually in the 30-50% higher range.

@Fury

The best druid spells this time around are the heals over time and damage over time spells. The latter dont benefit from fury and you lose the heals entirely. That leaves you with relentless storm and pretty much nothing else useful imo. Sunbeam has been nerfed really hard. Probably a little bit too much even tho it was absolutely broken in PoE1.

Edited by Zelse

Arcane Knight.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Anything with Cipher,

Ciphers really need to be blended with a strong physical attacking class.

It makes me sad because a priest of magran/cipher get 75 unique interactions, the most in the game for any class by far.

Tis true. I like Soulblade/Rogue or Trickster combo.

What's the trick to get the Fury shapeshift to deal damage?

The trick is to use the Fury's elemental spells to deal damage rather than spiritshifting. If you run out of spells and end up in melee, you can spiritshift and use the free teleport to get out of the way, and it gives you one last spell-like lightning ability, then you can plink away from range with the spiritshift attack, but it would be pretty hard to create a decent build centered around just the spiritshift attack. But I'm not sure multi-classing it with a priest would be much fun - if I was going to multi-class a fury with a spellcaster, it would be with a wizard (Lord Darryn's Voulge + those evoker gloves to compensate for losing 2 PL from multi-classing).

Right. I mean you can multiclass Fury with Bleak Walker and Take Scion of Flame, Spirit of Decay and Heart of the Storm in order to have +3 PEN with Fury's natural weapons in addition to the stacked lashes of Wildstrike and FoD - but actually the +1 PEN and increased range of the Fury are enough to make it a viable Nuker. You can just skip the Spiritshift.

However - the Fury/Bleak Walker idea is a bit more versatile because it combines +3 PEN with FoD attacks and +2 PEN with your spells. Of course the lower power level hurts the spells a bit.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If you please, i won't make another similiar thread about picking a multiclass.

I've bought the game at very release and played 21h since.

Thou i've barely escaped the first island after the shipwreck. I'm struggle to find "my" build for convenient and fun walkthrough.

I'm in the same boat as OP and i need to multiclass my Ranged Ascendant Cipher. I want to go dual-wield pistols or blunderbusses. I want some sort of Gun-Fu build with Cipher included.

I've tried Monk, Rogue-Assassin, Barbarian and Ranger.

I've even tried Druid-Shifter, thou it doesn't synergies well with Cipher.

CONS for me about classes above:

Assassin: it's most for melee

Barbarian: can't say i like the way the barbarian skillz work.

Ranger: imho it would be the best choice for ranged Asc.Cipher, thou i don't like Ghost Heart summon mechanics, pet AI always OFF when i summon it. Sharpshooter not so good for blunderbuss. Pure Ranger with tanking Bear? I'd give it a go.

Can't say anything bad about Monk, i need to check this class again.

Now i play Rogue-Streetfighter\Asc.Cipher and i use blunderbuss modal for "self-buff". It's the first time i leave the Port Maje Island :)

@Boeror, i know you always have GREAT ideas about class builds, i'd appreciate any thoughts.

Sorry for my bad english.

I post https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/102168-build-glanfathan-soul-hunter/, this build for solo play, but if you plans to play with party, just switch armor on light and pick second weapon instead of shield :D

You also can change any passive spell's like Sneak reflexe's and Bear Fortitude, Defensive Bond to some offensive skill from Ranger Tree

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

@mant2si, thanks, i saw your build! :^) 

I think there is too much micro, i know it's POTD on video, but still even pet AI OFF automatically is a little bit annoying.

Yep :( I'm working on martial cipher build for solo PotD/DD, without Ring Leader 

Edited by mant2si