Politics Thread - Ka-tet of 19

Blarghagh

b00bies? More like Devil's Dumplings.

As the artiocle briefly says it's probably not the risk of impressionable kids being corrupted by a surreptitious glimpse of Charlies, Bristol Bits or Mammaries when a baby feeds that is the problem, but the secondary part of the resolution; to whit, not being allowed to falsely claim that formula is better than mother's milk- formula which makes a bunch of corps and dairying a lot of money.

Nestlé being the best known perp, but others play the same tricks and the have to source their milk somewhere.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 2

Because they're all closet cases. But really, is just Nestle being the scumbags they've been for ages if anything. I love the ridiculous overreaction Ecuador apparently got, threatened with harsh trade measures and cutting off of aid (funnily enough, people still think the US gives aid money out just out of charity)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Because they enjoy getting pegged and kickbacks from nestle. Liberals do the same, but they first want formula manufacturers to throw a few bucks to pride or some ****.
  • Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

b00bies? More like Devil's Dumplings.

As the artiocle briefly says it's probably not the risk of impressionable kids being corrupted by a surreptitious glimpse of Charlies, Bristol Bits or Mammaries when a baby feeds that is the problem, but the secondary part of the resolution; to whit, not being allowed to falsely claim that formula is better than mother's milk- formula which makes a bunch of corps and dairying a lot of money.

Nestlé being the best known perp, but others play the same tricks and the have to source their milk somewhere.

If we men don't stand up for woman's milk, we may find our ladies turning to Nestle branded ****.

Wait, wait, wait... people believe that factory made milk substitutes are healthier than what the mother produces in her body, which has kept humanity alive since day one? Jesus, looks like we deserve to die of cancer and everything.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

There was a 'scientific' study (almost certainly ghost written by Nestle themselves, taking a leaf out of cigarette 'science') that said formula was better than breast milk and iirc it was extensively marketed as such in the 80s.

Doctors/ hospitals also regularly give new mothers 'free' formula (taking a leaf out of crack cocaine dealer methodology) but just enough so that when used natural lactation stops and they are, therefore, forced to buy formula milk from then on; and they also used the same tricks and marketed extensively in areas with unsafe water resulting in (and who would have thunk it) lots of babies getting sick from the bad water used in hydrating the formula.

There's a reason Nestle is utterly loathed, and that summary doesn't cover the half of it.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

no thanks. but it won't surprise me if we're dumb enough to let her run again.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I'm guessing the campaign slogan will be "Who do you think is the lesser of the two evils are now?"  :p

Then again, it doesn't seem like the Dems are really ramping anyone else up.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Oh lordy, could you imagine the collective bowel evacuating that would take place if Trump wins a second term? The way the current political climate is playing out would make it worth it just for the schadenfreude. Im just waiting for one of the clowns that are confronting politicians in public to get punched in the mug by another who will be "defending" the politician.

Speculation and the Daily Mail, I think it is too early to panic

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm guessing the campaign slogan will be "Who do you think is the lesser of the two evils are now?"  :p

Then again, it doesn't seem like the Dems are really ramping anyone else up.

What was her last one - "It's her turn"? Gotta be better than that. Whoever thought of that one should probably be launched out of a cannon.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I'm guessing the campaign slogan will be "Who do you think is the lesser of the two evils are now?"  :p Then again, it doesn't seem like the Dems are really ramping anyone else up.

What was her last one - "It's her turn"? Gotta be better than that. Whoever thought of that one should probably be launched out of a cannon.
"Now it's really HER turn"

"Shouldn't a strong woman be the one to separate families?"

"This **** grabs back"

"Lock him up"

"Yes SHE can"

"She fierce when she droning brown kids"

"Broke: Rich Man's World; Woke: Rich Woman's World"

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Give me Sanders, or Tulsi Gabbard. If I see Hillary on the ticket again, I will be splitting the democratic vote this time around. I don't think I can bare a second begrudging vote for the hilldawg.

I'd rather a conservative court and liberal congress anyways, the dems better refocus on having a salient congressional platform that isn't just salt and cynicism.

In fact, it's about time the liberal base takes the fight to the state level, they've let their foundations wither for far too long.

Oh lordy, could you imagine the collective bowel evacuating that would take place if Trump wins a second term? The way the current political climate is playing out would make it worth it just for the schadenfreude. Im just waiting for one of the clowns that are confronting politicians in public to get punched in the mug by another who will be "defending" the politician.

Honestly I would never bet against the incumbent. Bush had some pretty low numbers going into his second election, and Kerry was a fairly inoffensive candidate, and Bush still won solidly.

Oprah could probably pull it off. But that is just because the absurdity of it all will cancel out the effect.

I believe Bush Sr was the last incumbent to lose reelection. Trump would have a good chance of dojbg that but  Clinton running again makes him losing less likely. She lost to Donald Trump. That should disqualify for instantly. Don't the Dems have any other good choices?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Don't the Dems have any other good choices?

Im not sure that exists anymore, on either side. Everything has become a combative race to the bottom where the goal is not the administration and betterment of our government, but instead a matter of "how can we stick it to the other side".

• Like 4

Given that the source is the Daily Mail, I doubt she is actually doing that.

She really does need to butt out and drop off the radar since all she'll do is provide a foil for Trump.

As for the incumbency effect, that's true, but Trump's popularity at this point (which has been wierdly stable and locked in compared to most past Presidents) is in the range where past Presidents lost re-election. A lot can happen in two years, which is an eternity in electoral politics. Still, if the Dems have a bad candidate, not even the most generous buffs will help.

Apparently, the rumor is that he was chosen mostly on the basis that he once said that, in his opinion, the President cannot be indicted.

I have also read that he is not at all a sure thing on repealing Roe v. Wade, despite his being comfortably on the right side of the political spectrum in his opinions. I'm thinking that might be something they're just saying to appeal to the Senators that aren't firmly in the repeal camp.

In any case, this is an obvious victory for the GOP, assuming the senate doesn't manage to muck things up with the confirmation.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: