Thanks to the ardent support and helpful feedback from the community, the team here at Obsidian is pleased to present Patch 1.1, which is one of the many major patches we have in store for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire! As always, here's Pillars II Design Director, Josh Sawyer, to give you the rundown on what awaits you in the Deadfire Archipelago:
As Josh mentioned, the 1.1 patch brings along a host of new features to Deadfire that we're excited for you to check out! You can check out the full patch notes here, or take a look at the highlights below.
- Intro Skip Added
- There is now a Start & Skip Intro button that brings the player directly to the second level of the game.
- This feature becomes available after you have played through the intro once, or loaded a save (after getting the update).
- Veteran & PotD Balance Improvements
- Armor and Penetration now scale up on PotD.
- Many encounters have had units swapped out for tougher versions.
- Some encounters have had units added or set to ambush the party during the encounter.
- AI Support and Updates
- All Conditionals have now been categorized in the Custom AI menu.
- The AI Toggle button on the ability bar now supports cycling through: Attacking while using Abilities, Attacking while not using Abilities, and Not using AI.
- The following actions can now be conditionalized in Custom AI: Using Consumable quick slot items, Activating Modals, Switching Weapon Sets, and Basic Weapon Attacking.
- Ship Resupply
- A new "Refill Ship Supplies" button can now be used to conveniently purchase ship supplies from any storefront that sells Medical Supplies, Cannon Shot, and Repair Supplies.
- World Map Legend Added
- A new Map Legend has been added that allows all icons on the World Map to be filtered by category.
- Character Appearance Improvements
- Character Appearance can now be changed in-game via the Appearance button on the Inventory screen (Player and adventurers only).
- Character Hairstyles are now rendered naturally with some Hats.
- Eye Color customization has been added.
- Graphics Options Expanded
- New Toggles have been added to the Graphics menu to enable/disable certain visual features.
- News Feed Updated
- The News Feed on the Main Menu has been revamped to include links to the latest articles, DLC, and social media.
We're not stopping there, though - keep an eye out for another free DLC full of more ship crew members and ship upgrades in store for you in a couple weeks, and even more content and polish to follow. We love hearing from you, and these fixes could not have come without love from our community. If you have any issues, contact us at our support portal to help you on your journey.
For those who backed Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire at a physical tier, we have good news! The fulfillment houses are getting everything in and packaging it all up now. We have a batch of them (as you can see in the video above) and we're very happy with how they turned out. Within the next few weeks orders will be going out. When your items are shipped to you, you'll receive an e-mail from the fulfillment house with a tracking number letting you know it's on the way. We apologize again for the delay in these items and we hope that you enjoy them once they arrive.
Did you miss our last update? Check it out!