Last night i was fighting in the lost city (entrance in the gullet or something like that). Every fights were super hard and i had to use all my resources to win. Then i arrive at a point where there is a group of shades and i just cant win (same thing for the giant worm boss). I get tired and use a mod to switch the difficulty from POTD of veteran. When i reload i see the 3 red skulls over my opponents meaning i was probably under lvled for the place.

Is it normal to not see those skulls in POTD? If yes how do i know if a fight is just meant to be challenging or if im simply at the wrong place?

• Like 1

It's not because of PoTD it's because of the scaling options.  I guess they figure you don't need the skulls if the enemies will scale to your level...  but scaling often doesn't seem to do anything and you would still need the skulls with scale up only selected....

I am not sure as I never picked that option, but could this be from expert mode ?

Expert mode was not selected. All i did with the mod was switch from POTD to veteran difficulty. Would be nice if someone playing on POTD can confirm if hes able to see the red skulls or not.

And it appears that once you have chosen level scaling you have no option to change it - guess I'll see what happens if I lower the difficulty to relaxed - I am at level 8 and not making a dent against tough encounters - that big worm only got down to "hurt" while wiping my group several times and I just entered another area where the same thing occurred during the first battle with multiple enemies (5)   :geek:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I play with Scalling but only with "Scaling Up Only" and I also lost red skulls and skulls in general.... :/

My test showed that "Scaling Up Only" is not working now.

Scaling disables skulls, even when it is only scaling up. The developers know full well about this by now, it was discussed a lot. It will be fixed.

Edited by wih
  • Like 1

Scaling disables skulls, even when it is only scaling up. Developers know full well about this by know, it was discussed a lot. It will be fixed.

Yeah, my experience as well. Led to a few instances of my party being completely obliterated within seconds.

Yeah, I picked scaling up only and had no skulls. Up scaling doesn't seem to have any real impact on difficulty tbh. I think it adds 3-4 levels to lower level encounters, so if you're level 15 and enemies were originally level 6 they would scale up to level 10. If it's even working, because it's not really noticeable.

Level scaling is working as intended and capped at 3-4 levels up or down. I guess most people don’t read the forums or dint watch the q&a. The difficulty indicators where hard coded and does not work when level scaling is on. They will replace the entire system, they will simply display the enemies level. Please read the other 100000 pots on this topic or whatch the start of the q&a.

Edited by Cylion