Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Backers don't play games....when playing games....

backers portraits rewards roleplay.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

PneumaticFire

PneumaticFire

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Portrait-ception?  Me playing as me, who is me playing as me in Eora.

#Wedontplaygameswhenplayinggames

q9eFobk.jpg

Jokes aside - two topics:

- For those of you who backed at a level where you have contributed to some form of content in-game, care to share what it is?  Is it as you expected?

- and/or for anyone, do you like to roleplay (non-sexual guyz), outside of games in real life?  Who has Deadfire content outside of the actual game (wallpapers, soundtrack on the way to school/work etc).

:dragon:  :bat:  :skull:

• JFutral, ShadySands, IndiraLightfoot and 28 others like this

Taurus

Taurus

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Lol at your roleplaying!

I’ve backed the “create an item “ but haven’t found it yet. It’s a battle axe named Amra, anyone here found it?
  • PneumaticFire likes this

TheisEjsing

TheisEjsing

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 823 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

giphy.gif

• Fluffle, PneumaticFire, InsaneCommander and 1 other like this

Fluffle

Fluffle

Fluffy Marshmallow of the Obsidian Order

• Members.
  • 933 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Watcher
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Interesting. On the photo in the OP you remind me of Yul Brynner. Did anyone ever tell you that? xD

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3366 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I’ve backed the “create an item “ but haven’t found it yet. It’s a battle axe named Amra, anyone here found it?

Huh, I've added all soon details to the wiki over the past few days and haven't seen it (used the console too get them). You might want to check with Obsidian as I don't think it's in the game (unless they've changed its name).

Taurus

Taurus

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Jereck thx for the info.

Will reach for obsidian , since my “survey” was confirmed to be received by them.

algroth

algroth

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1374 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I contributed something! It's, uh... A small line to a logbook. About a Skaenite cult worshipping a godlike baby. It's not a particularly memorable line, but I'm glad to see it's made it! :grin:

• Fluffle, Katarack21, PneumaticFire and 2 others like this

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3366 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Well if love to see an extra Battle Axe added to the game (or indeed any weapon that's not a sword variant).
  • illathid, PneumaticFire and Taurus like this

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

Apex of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5576 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

The ultimate cosplay!

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14876 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Geil! :)
  • Fluffle, Varana, TheisEjsing and 1 other like this

Yosharian

Yosharian

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1181 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
> (non-sexual guyz)

Dammit!

PneumaticFire

PneumaticFire

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Awesome stuff guys, It will be good to connect the person to the item when I come across it.

Interesting. On the photo in the OP you remind me of Yul Brynner. Did anyone ever tell you that? xD

xD  I can see that, good call.

Lol at your roleplaying!

Have you found it yet?

I contributed something! It's, uh... A small line to a logbook. About a Skaenite cult worshipping a godlike baby. It's not a particularly memorable line, but I'm glad to see it's made it! :grin:

Looking forward to reading it, I'll keep it in mind

• Fluffle likes this

Big-Ben

Big-Ben

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Steam:Big Ben
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I was involved for many years when I was younger (I would have been a teenager over ten years ago.) with historical reenactments in regards to the Lewis and Clark expedition. I say this without hesitation and without any filter that spending hours at a time in the hot sun in leather and wool makes everything awful and I have no idea how our ancestors survived in any climate with any amount of labor in said clothing. This concludes the extent of my role playing.

As for the game I have life to deal with so I can't play all the time but I'm really enjoying what I'm playing so far. Not really a stickler for any one set of requirements myself but my verdict on a game usually just rests on whether or not I enjoy the time I spent with said game. Some might accuse me of having poor standards but I can say again without hesitation that I believe most games are just fine and that's that. But occasional I'll play something really good and on even rarer occasions I'll play something amazing.

And yes sometimes I play terrible games. But I try very hard to not buy those!

• glennjones130486 and PneumaticFire like this

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1194 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm not worthy.  :bow:

I RP a ruthless tyrant, but in truth I care too much. 

Edited by the_dog_days, 23 May 2018 - 07:41 PM.

Mannock

Mannock

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
I created an item for this game, just as I did for PoE1.

For Deadfire I created a warbow called Frostseeker (was actually meant to be a hunting bow, but I managed to screw that up all by myself by missclicking in the forumula submited to Obsidian).

It was great fun and surprise when I found the item at an encounter (my item for PoE1 was located in a store early in the game so I expected more or less the same for Deadfire).

What I really like with the item is the visual effects that go with it, which is really cool. I also like the upgrades it has. So really nice to see it in the game.

The only thing that feels a bit embarrasing is the item's description. In PoE1 I wrote a long description which I thought a lot about and was satisfied with (I'm not saying it was good, but I put some effort into it atleast). Then when I found the item in game I noticed Obsidian had changed the text a bit, which was totally fine. I wanted it to be consistant with the other writing in the game, so it was no problem.

Jumping forward, I was writing the item description for my bow in Deadfire and I thought that it was no point in putting to much time into it, since Obsidian would be editing it anyway. I wrote a brief text and upon finding the item in game I could see that they had kept my text intact. :p
  • Fluffle, illathid, anameforobsidian and 10 others like this

Hades

Hades

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 30 posts

I created an item for this game, just as I did for PoE1.

For Deadfire I created a warbow called Frostseeker (was actually meant to be a hunting bow, but I managed to screw that up all by myself by missclicking in the forumula submited to Obsidian).

It was great fun and surprise when I found the item at an encounter (my item for PoE1 was located in a store early in the game so I expected more or less the same for Deadfire).

What I really like with the item is the visual effects that go with it, which is really cool. I also like the upgrades it has. So really nice to see it in the game.

The only thing that feels a bit embarrasing is the item's description. In PoE1 I wrote a long description which I thought a lot about and was satisfied with (I'm not saying it was good, but I put some effort into it atleast). Then when I found the item in game I noticed Obsidian had changed the text a bit, which was totally fine. I wanted it to be consistant with the other writing in the game, so it was no problem.

Jumping forward, I was writing the item description for my bow in Deadfire and I thought that it was no point in putting to much time into it, since Obsidian would be editing it anyway. I wrote a brief text and upon finding the item in game I could see that they had kept my text intact. :p

Is that the warbow that shoots 3 frost arrows or w/e?! If so, I love using that bow on my cipher, so ty! =D

• Mannock and PneumaticFire like this

Mannock

Mannock

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Is that the warbow that shoots 3 frost arrows or w/e?! If so, I love using that bow on my cipher, so ty! =D

Yeah, that's the one. Glad you like it! I'm very fond of it too. :)

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3366 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

It's a very cool item. Which item did you create in PoE if you don't mind me asking.

Mannock

Mannock

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

It's a very cool item. Which item did you create in PoE if you don't mind me asking.

Thank you!

The item in PoE1 is called Jêna's lance. It's a pike. It can be found in a store in the first town you enter in the game, where you hook up with Aloth. Been so long now that I can't even remember the name of the town. :/

Messier-31

Messier-31

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2244 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

OP's photo, staged as the moonlandings :v

PS. My forum name is in the logbook as well, as number 2.

Edited by Messier-31, 24 May 2018 - 05:02 AM.

• Fluffle likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: backers, portraits, rewards, roleplay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users