Everything posted by Gorth
-
Ukraine Conflict - conflict continues
Those Wagner soldiers are true mercenaries... https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66023631 "The bald waste of space destroyed Wagner PMC with his own hands. And screwed everyone he could," fumed one online poster claiming to be a Wagner fighter on a Telegram channel with 200,000 followers. ... Mark Krutov, a journalist with the RFE/RL outlet's Russian Service, has access to the Telegram group chats used by relatives of Wagner fighters. He shared some of their messages with the BBC. "They were simply betrayed," one women wrote. "I trusted Prigozhin, but what he did is dishonourable." "He shouldn't have done this. This is pure betrayal," agreed another user. Edit: Just to clarify, people are upset that he betrayed Wagner, not Russia
-
What You've Done Today - Don't do today, what you can get someone else to do tomorrow
Just got a letter from Immigration an hour ago... getting invited to the interview part of the citizenship process next month. I better make sure I have any old Danish documents translated by the officially approved translators 🤔
- Ukraine Conflict - conflict continues
-
Ukraine Conflict - conflict continues
According to the BBC, Wagner is relocating their forces to Belarus. Didn't specify where in Belarus (like just north of Kiev or close to the Russian border in the east or whatever) Summary The head of the Wagner mercenary rebels is to leave for Belarus after calling off his troops' advance on Moscow
-
Random video game news... the critical eyes have it
I have two FF games on my drives, that I bought on some ridiculously cheap steam sales (less than $10 iirc). But I never played either of them. I think the FF8 demo was such a traumatic experience I never felt like touching the franchise again, despite the blurb and screenshots looking interesting for the two I purchased (in the naive hope I might get into it some day). That was before I picked of Guild Wars 2, so there is some stiff competition for my game time. Edit: Checking my steam account, the ones I bought were FFXV and FFX/X-2
- Ukraine Conflict - conflict continues
- Ukraine Conflict - conflict continues
-
Cmd key for shortcuts on ios
I suspect you’re looking for Obsidian the product www.obsidian.md and not Obsidian the game developer
-
Ukraine Conflict - conflict continues
A slightly similar thing happened to Koenigsberg/Kaliningrad exclave (90%+ of the original German/Prussian population had been killed or driven off during and after wwii World Special Military Operation II). Hence why there is little point in trying to sell it back to say, Germany (I'm sure Russia could use the cash right now). Great cartoon 👍
-
Music: Sharing and Listening - The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between
Speaking of nostalgia (showing my age, I know)
-
Warhammer 40k 10th edition core rules are now free....
Now also for free on your phone (Android and iPhone) https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/21/download-the-all-new-warhammer-40000-app-for-free/ Knowing GW, I doubt they are doing it to be nice, probably to sell more miniatures...
-
Random/Interesting/Weird
It looks like Airbus wants to "one up" Boeing by showing them how it's done... prepare for the Airbus 350 where the computer can take control of the plane, use AI to call the tower and talk to them (using computer generated speech) and take over the plane and land there on its own. While intended for use if the pilots gets incapacitated or other emergencies, just wait for the day the AI gets all depressed and suicidal (or decides it doesn't like that high rise building on the horizon) https://www.bbc.com/news/business-65676421 "The idea is this technology will take over if the pilots need to focus on heavy decision-making or if they were to become incapacitated. Under its own control, the plane can descend and land, while recognising other aircraft, weather and terrain. The system also allows the plane to speak to air traffic control over the radio with a synthetic voice created through the use of artificial intelligence."
-
Random/Interesting/Weird
I love how he received a goose as the promised reward for solving a previous problem 😁
- Ukraine Conflict - conflict continues
-
Warhammer 40k 10th edition core rules are now free....
Free 40k Combat Patrol rules for download... I should probably edit all these links into my first post 🤔 For smaller scaled combat (and because GW wants to sell their combat patrol boxes to you) https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/20/free-combat-patrol-rule-downloads-let-you-fight-fast-balanced-skirmishes-in-the-new40k/
- The All Things Political Topic - Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex
- The All Things Political Topic - new edition
-
Youtube recommendations, let's beat the algorithm
Randy Feltface, the character created by an Aussie comedian. He has his own channel https://www.youtube.com/@randyfeltface This example is on the long side, but incredibly funny once you get to meet Morgan (about 3.5 minutes in). Gumtree is an online market place.
-
Music: Sharing and Listening - The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between
Jeremy Soule (IWD) wasn't completely unknown back then. But Inon Zur was a completely blank slate for me when I saw his name in the credits... The Infinity Engine games generally had great music. Michael Hoenig's Baldurs Gate music isn't bad, nor was Mark Morgan's and Richard Band's contributions to Planescape Torment.
-
Picture of Your Games the 15th
- The All Things Political Topic - new edition
- Anime and Manga - It's time for you to finish what you've started and watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
One episode to go of Hell's Paradise. It's Ok? Watchable, but if anyone asks me in 2024 what I watched in 2023, I might forget it when listing what I watched. I think my main problem is I don't like the protagonist. It can be an issue when you start rooting for his opponents 😝 Heavenly Delusion on the other hand... only 3 episodes in and it's complicated (I'll re-watch the the first three episodes before trying to summarize them) 🤔 I do like it so far though, so I'll keep watching it.- warhammer 40k: rogue trader
It wasn't a thing in Epic... and I never played 40k Orks edit: I played Imperial Guard exclusively in 40k- Ukraine Conflict - conflict continues
Funny you should mention that, because I was thinking something along similar lines. Short of all out victory for one side (unlikely to happen), the outcome will be a compromise of some sort, that will be a hard sell domestically for both parties. Russia won't give up territories with ethnic Russian majority (as far as I understood various assessments of the mood in Moscow) and Ukraine won't relinquish any territory they got from the break up of the Soviet Union. But practical minds will have to tell Russia that the Donbas is Ukrainian territory and the Crimeans legitimately voted for joining Russia after Ukraine reneged on the original autonomy agreement that was the premise for them joining Ukraine in 1991. Add things like allowing Russian as the language of choice in Dobas schools and administration and stop trying to kill off the population in Crimea by cutting off their natural water supply, stop supporting separatists both covertly and overtly etc. Maybe in 100-150 years time, they will decide joining their countries in a union would be mutually beneficial. I just suspect a lot more people have to die before they get to this point 🤔 Edit: Point in case, France and England were in union for a while, even if it only lasted a few decades 😛- Ukraine Conflict - conflict continues
- The All Things Political Topic - new edition