Everything posted by Hurlshort
- NFL 2014 Offseason
-
DnD Audiobook for free: The Legend of Drizzt - R.A. Salvatore
I feel like 9 books probably would have been the right number to devote to Drizzt. I enjoyed the stuff in High School, and then it just kinda hit a point where I was like meh.
- Wait, vacuum cleaners?
-
What you did today
Are overweight people more prone to panic? And whats an ''average'' person? Haven't you seen The Goonies?
- Wait, vacuum cleaners?
- Basketball World Cup
- Wait, vacuum cleaners?
-
What are you playing now?
Hey, I won a game! Of course the kid ragequit after I picked off a pass, but I still got credit for the win. I am now 1-2 in online play. There are a lot of decent solo challenges though, so I don't even need to play against people if I don't want to.
- Wait, vacuum cleaners?
-
Basketball World Cup
The United States? Sorry, I don't really follow the NBA Preseason.
- Basketball World Cup
-
What are you playing now?
So I've delved into this online Madden thing where you have cards and take challenges. It's interesting, but I still don't like playing other people. Lag in a football game is not fun.
-
Hacked Nude Photos: Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton, Yvonne Strahovski, etc.
It is one thing to look at the leaked photos, but it is much more disturbing to not have enough shame to lie about looking at them on public forums.
-
What are you reading?
We could totally have an Obsidian Book Club now.
-
What are you playing now?
The nice thing about the PS4 is I get a lot of non-gaming use out of it. Yeah, it's a bit expensive for a blu-ray/media player, but it fills that role well and I get to enjoy a few games I wouldn't on the PC.
-
What are you reading?
Cool, I just got it for my KIndle as well, thanks Sarex.
-
Movies you've seen recently
Val Kilmer makes that movie. http://lebeauleblog.com/2011/05/05/what-the-hell-happened-to-val-kilmer/
-
NFL 2014 Offseason
Sam has to get cut and clear waivers to be signed onto the practice squad. He had a good preseason, but he is still undersized and the Rams are pretty deep at DT. It would not be surprising for another team to pick him up though, but at the worst he'll be on the practice squad. David Fales made the Bears lineup as the 3rd string QB. That kid will be starting by next year, I guarantee it.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
At it's heart, Saint's Row has always been about parody. SR2 is simply the most subtle of the parodies, which is why it holds a special place. edit: And not everybody gets parody. ;-)
-
Movies you've seen recently
I agree that Harry was the worst character arc. Was he in the first movie? I don't remember him at all. That being said, I like the family history angle where Peter's father basically lays the groundwork for Spider-Man being possible. It's an interesting twist. Harry was super unreasonable about everything.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
It may be the best, but it would be a shame if they recycled the same formula every time. SR3 & 4 had plenty of good surprises to make them worth the price of admission.
-
Movies you've seen recently
Amazing Spider-Man 2 - It was great. Electro was extremely well done, just a masterful use of special effects. The Gwen Stacey/Spider-Man dynamic is fun to watch. It was just a fun superhero movie.
-
What are you playing now?
You have no clue what you are talking about Bruce.
-
Robot Apocalypse is a little different than I expected...
Typically this just creates jobs in other sectors. But John Henry knows the woes of this path. http://youtu.be/xxReOxRwS-g
-
Are liberal democracies finished?
Yes, what could go wrong with an out of control, lawless government? Well, let's look at a country slightly ahead of us on the curve: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11059138/Rotherham-In-the-face-of-such-evil-who-is-the-racist-now.html That's a terrible story, but you understand that we can point to terrible situations like that in both the US and the UK throughout history, right? Sex trafficking has existed for centuries, cults, serial killers, etc. We had slavery, we had segregation, we've had lynch mobs and riots. But we also have modern statistics that show crime falling, we have better technology and responses to bad situations, and we have a society which is much more open and tolerant. So you've got a long way to go if you want to make the end is nigh argument, because our history ain't all that peachy and we are still chuggin' along.