Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hurlshort

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hurlshort

  1. Get a desktop, you filthy casual. What specs ? Here it is: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-gt70-dominator-895-17-3-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-aluminum-black/5142092.p?id=1219111591490&skuId=5142092 My house is like a battleground. I prefer a mobile operations center to a stationary base. That way I can hide in a closet with my laptop when the stuff hits the fan.
  2. I doubt Mike Shanahan was going to take the Raiders job.
  3. I got my new laptop, it's shiny! Haven't tried any games on it yet. I also ran 3 miles on my lunch break, to make Woldan jealous, it was 70 degrees out. That's warm for you celsius folks.
  4. Arcanum was awesome.
  5. You obviously haven been around many SJWs. It's not like I just found the internet yesterday. If that is true, then these mythical creatures must not be all that pervasive, and probably don't warrant their own acronym and classification, or a thread devoted to belittling them.
  6. The only thing weirder than social justice warriors are people who use the term social justice warriors.
  7. I'm not going to count Manning out just yet.
  8. Just because Bioware makes games you don't enjoy, doesn't mean they make terrible games. I don't have any interest in playing Call of Duty games, I tried a couple of them years ago and didn't find them enjoyable. I don't blame the company for that, and I don't feel the need to judge the games when they come out as terrible because they don't appeal to me. I am certainly not going to say they look terrible, because by all obvious accounts they are high quality products that looks great, run well, and meet the interests of a large audience. They clearly aren't crap games, just like DA:I is clearly not a crap game. So yeah, I'm going to belittle your opinion when it is not really based on evidence. The funny thing is I have plenty of complaints about DA:I, and I found DA2 barely tolerable.
  9. Agreed, that is a little disappointing The game looks like crap, that's different from hating Bioware. Hardly, the game is graphically stunning. The waves on the Storm Coast are one of the most amazing visuals I've ever seen in a game. It's not rational to rate it that low. It is clearly guided by some misplaced emotional butthurt about Bioware. And really, that's fine, it's what I expect from RPGCodex, just like I expect the major publications to be way too flattering about it. In reality it's a decent RPG that lacks the imagination of games like Divinity, Shadowrun, and even NEO Scavenger.
  10. I forgot to pick up my sleeping bag a few times, it was frustrating and led to disaster. But hey, life is tough.
  11. I enjoyed Neo Scavenger tremendously. Really I agree with the list as a whole, it's a pretty good indication how lucky we are with our RPG crop lately when the big AAA titles are way down the list. I'm curious about Heroine's Quest. I'm guessing it's not about finding drugs?
  12. So I am exactly 10 years older than Woldan, fascinating. I wager I am healthier than he will be when he hits my age.
  13. I'm looking forward to Woldan reaching the age of 30. Everything changes then. EVERYTHING.
  14. Uh, the ball is in mid air at the end of that clip. He definitely bobbled it. That being said, he regained full control quickly and I still think the rule is stupid. Amazing catches should be encouraged, not overturned on every small movement of the ball.
  15. I did just pay $65 for half a unit the other day, which seemed pricey. But hey, I'm only a half unit away from the final step on my salary schedule, so it will be worth it.
  16. I sent that dirty rotten scoundrel a message as well.
  17. While checking on this, I noticed that we have over 9,000 troops in Kuwait. Wow! We also have 11k in Italy.
  18. Glad you are doing alright Ros, that is terribly scary stuff. Sending my best wishes to you.
  19. I'm no expert on community colleges, other than poaching a few classes from them to round out my degree and credentials, I spent most of my time at a state university, and there is little similarity between K-12 public schools and them. I assume they all run like they do in the TV documentary Community. I do agree this is more of a PR stunt than anything substantial, they are already very affordable. As I said originally, I'll perk up when they figure out how to lower tuition at 4 year schools. In terms of quality, I have a ton of Community Colleges around me and they vary dramatically in what they offer. De Anza sits next to the Apple campus and is immensely popular and highly regarded, while a few are run down and shoddy. But with education I keep saying it is more what the student does with it than anything else. A motivated student can turn that community college experience into a marketable skillset, but a slacker is simply going to get a few more years of carrying around a backpack and playing hackey sack in a quad.
  20. I remember the last textbook adoption I went through (10 years ago!) California could only get three publishers to meet their standards. So our choices were slim. We actually ended up going with a small publisher that was based in California instead of one of the other two big ones.
  21. I remember being surprised that I liked the first film as much as I did. Not that it was awesome, but it was sorta cute in places and a bit less of that certain humor style I dislike than I thought it have. I never really watched the show (maybe saw a few episodes), but I remember when it was a thing ... all the ads, all the Depp swooning. But the first one was enough. Not interested in a 2nd movie. But this one brings back Richard Grieco!
  22. I'd really like them to expand on the whole map, really. It's pretty small in scope.
  23. I loved Banner Saga, but I do need to try Consortium.
  24. Massive Chalice is pretty great. Not really much in terms of strategic fighting, but the lineage stuff is perfect. It does seem like a pretty small game in scope, I wonder if they will expand it?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.