Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gorgon

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gorgon

  1. No I was just responding to posters commenting on how wonderful it is to only have one med pack left. The more likely outcome is that you hoard them. Anyway I think the whole cyborg, android, biomod idea lends itself rather well to passive healing.
  2. Difficulty level with autohealing only affects individual battles. What happens in one battle has no bearing on the next battle. However if you have limited healing resources per game level, you have to be careful about expending too much of it in any one battle, and thus may have to rethink your whole approach. Sure, you can still take the careful approach even without incentive from the game, but then you're not really competing against the game, which is kind of the point. I dunno, viewing a whole map as some kind of complex equation where you have to think carefully about every resource allocation doesn't sound that enjoyable to me.
  3. That said, being shot up and being crippled to some degree, for instance having to re route your systems to regeneration and being unable to use other functions, walking with a limp, limited combat ability. It actually sounds like an interesting gameplay element. And there would be no magical return to full function by clicking a health kit. This would punish charging in blindly and reward careful planning.
  4. I disagree on crawling through a map looking for a medkit to stick on your shot up leg being stimulating. Anyway in most cases you will have hoarded kits because you can. Or you would have maxed out the regen bio mod. In DX you would only rarely encounter these 'stimulating' hard situations you could get out of by some brilliant tactical analysis. Wishful thinking that all this is contingent on medkits.
  5. Like that happens a whole lot. Anyway the difficultly level can generate the same scenario.
  6. It could be the best thing since sliced bread, who knows.
  7. I thought 'cover based' meant whether the coppers know who you are or not. Like in Hitman where you can kill 5 guards, put on a new suit, and you would be more or less safe as long as you didn't dance around anyone. Glad to know thats not the case. As for cover versus shadows, I dunno, like everything it's in the execution. There's probably going to be a version of the mod that renders temporary invisibility as well as the one that makes you run silent.
  8. Carter shows up later regardless. You don't get to chose whether he stays or leaves unatco.
  9. Gorgon replied to Humodour's topic in Way Off-Topic
    Why do we need this, surely atomic clocks are capable of dispersing the contested hours evenly across a year.
  10. You could say the same thing about forgotten realms.
  11. I prefer games that have an end and a beginning, but, you can get so used to a MOO you keep on trudging long after the point of it all has ceased. It's addictive, dangerously so. You have to discipline yourself to can the game and move onto something else. Some keep on because of the social element, thats fine I guess, I just find it hard to contend with all the idiots that also populate these games.
  12. yes but it cost bioelectric energy, which was just as limited as health packs, so same difference.
  13. You can play it for nothing at gametap though.
  14. Aiming based on stats, I don't like it, particularly when it means that you can simultaneously be a Mozart with a handgun and completely useless with a rifle. It don't seem right. Better to have the RPG elements focused somewhere else, and make the shooting a better gameplay experience. I like autoheal as it will take focus away from heath pickups and hoarding them.
  15. thats exactly how mine looks like, the wood laptop is cool though.
  16. With the notable difference that Warcraft was a mediocre RTS, and Kotor a decent CRPG.
  17. It's also a sequel to an archeological game.
  18. I'm on chapter two and I'll wager i'm close to 30 hrs game time. I have been doing witcher contracts though, to try and clear the quests log some. Those are way too much grind, don't bother.
  19. Is that a joke. I mean, pedophilia, whats next, humping the drowners instead of gutting them.
  20. It would have to be equal opportunity wipeout. Nuke Iran, Israel, and Syria too for good measure. Endl
  21. Lol, that is pretty low.
  22. No doubt bloodlines combat was poorly worked out, but it did work very well once you had around 4 points or more in ranged combat, granted that meant you were better off playing the first half of the game using knives. It also shipped with a terminal bug. It wins top marks on atmosphere and dialogue, I think it was one of the first CRPGs to have that much animated talking heads stuff.
  23. My bother with NWN2 started with the non kickable companions, this feature made me loathe the starter NPCs intensely. I had a lot more gripes than that, I must have written a whole thesis on the inadequacies of the camera. It sure as hell wasn't retrospective after MotB, I bought that in spite of NWN2, not because of it. Despite being in a bustling city, the most you could expect from exploration was one door in each area that wasn't quest related and conditioned on doing something in 'the right order' first. The load times on area transition would have made it impossible to have a proper city map anyway. This was not only a hardware issue.
  24. The NWN2 engine stacks up rather poorly with contemporary games, add to that that the only reason to get the game are the expansions, and I think you have part of the explanation. It's simply tradition that the NWN OC is a steaming pile of crap. You can't mess with tradition. I think obsidian got Mask of the Betrayer just right, just a shame it had to be on a poor platform, it would have been more enjoyable if it wasn't epic level as well.
  25. What Taks is advocating is not Capitalism, it's small government. Ronnie Reagan was the quintessential trickle down economy president, and at the same time he oversaw the largest increase in defense spending in US history. It's not important whether the reason for disrupting the natural flow of capital are national interests mixed with ideology as in the cold war, or socialist welfare state programmes that are overtly ideological. The result is the same. Capitalism is what happens when you take the hands off approach, it's how the world moves, a force of nature. It is neither essentially democratic or evil. You can inject all sorts of notions about how we usually view capitalism in the west for the sake of argument, but it doesn't change the nature of the beast. Liberalism is ideology based on the free movement of capital, as well as the protection of individual rights, with as little meddling from government as possible. I realize it has come to mean something else in the US, but Taks is still a liberal.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.