Everything posted by Gorgon
-
LittleBig Planet Delayed after Quran passage found in sound track.
Free speech ideologues win over fundamentalists any day, just by definition.
-
The Witcher Enhanced Edition is out!!!
I got a fair amount of quest related crashes last time I played it. After several quest statuses had changed at the same time while inside, it would then crash when I went back outside. I was able to get past it by doing one thing at a time, going outside to save, back inside to do another dialouge string, going back outside and so forth. This was particularly bad in the 'private eye section' (trying to avoid spoilers)
-
*The* DRM thread
Intentionally removing the lan party crowd from their market seems pretty silly. Those things are having something of a renaissance with the advent of laptops that don't entirely suck.
-
LittleBig Planet Delayed after Quran passage found in sound track.
Removing the music is probably good sense, it's not like it's a key part of the game anyway. I'm just continually annoyed at all the whining and general 'offense taking'. What we need here is a Muslim Nietzsche.
-
LittleBig Planet Delayed after Quran passage found in sound track.
It seems that anything to do with the Koran can be offensive these days.
-
What you did today
I was out walking my sister's dog when it took off into the bushes. Then it made a loud yelp and darted off tail between the legs. It seems it had stumbled upon a mother cat with its litter. The cat was tiny compared to my sis' dog but man was it pissed. Good thing my sis' dog is a coward, makes encounters with other dogs so much easier as well.
-
The Witcher Enhanced Edition is out!!!
yeah, all can have their chance reduced by something like 50-65 percent, same with duration,there are also anti stun and ko potions. Trouble is there are always more fun skills to spend points on than stamina upgrades. Hell if you want to see all the combat animations there arent many points for anything else.
-
Lots of zombies? Coop-focused? Valve?
Don't take offense, whats a few shots off the hip among like minds.
-
Movies you have seen recently
I'm watching the Band of Brothers DVD set. I thought it would be the usual one sided American macho bullcrap, and well it is that, but it's pretty good nonetheless.
-
What you did today
- Lots of zombies? Coop-focused? Valve?
So you press a button to flick through available targets. Aiming is the very definition of an FPS, and you think it's 'annoying'. You are hereby dubbed a lammo.- Zero Punctuation - Yahtzee reviews
This problem is as old as. If they run out of manhours, they release whatever is there.- What you did today
- Sins of a Solar Empire expansion: 'Entrenched'
Personally I wish the game experience was less balanced and even steven. Quite frankly the scale is too large for me to enjoy competitive netplay, so I only care about single player. This is where it becomes a little annoying that every race has the same basic ship types with different skins, and well a special ability or two.- What you did today
I guess some people have an instinctive need to write diaries.- New Dragon Age Walkthrough videos
Well duhh, they don't notice it until a year down the line when they try to reinstall it and find out that they got the shaft.- 42 day detention without trial
I think you can't help but factor in that Britain actually has a very vocal Muslim extremist environment that they use an awful lot of time keeping tabs on. That's not quite so obvious in the US despite their more extreme measures. There have already been cases where the police needed to jump to an arrest to prevent terrorist action. Used sparingly, detaining suspects without trial can be necessary. There should be proper judicial procedures for this though, not just a 42 day charte blanche whenever the cops use the world 'terrorist'- TV: Heroes
Could have frozen time and put him back there, manually.- TV: Heroes
Hiro didn't kill anyone, unless the writers had a collective brain hemorrhage.- Movies you have seen recently
The midnight meat train. Decent pacing, decent acting, above average splatter. The plot wasn't worth the wait, and it wasn't the least bit scary.- 42 day detention without trial
No evidence is required with the 42 day incarceration, all you get is oversight from the home secretary. The cops don't have to stand before a judge and show cause.- 42 day detention without trial
I know someone personally who was held 2 months on trafficking suspicion without trial. If nothing comes of it you can sue for wrongful imprisonment and be pretty confident of a settlement, hardly makes it worth the while though. There is a case to be made that this violates human rights conventions, especially when the reason that nothing happens for so long in the investigation is lack of manpower.- Oh My Good God
The first series with Gordon Ramsey was pretty fun, mostly because he's so over the top. It's gotten pretty old now, and it's mostly about Gordon yelling at people and exposing how pathetically inept they are. I dunno if I really wanted that kind of attention if I were a restaurant owner.- Oh My Good God
Well don't people already know to stay away from Kebab stands if they value their health. The best you can say about those places is that you might not get food poisoning.- 42 day detention without trial
Well yes, that's just more wrong. I believe Walsh was hinting at getting it right. There has always been a loophole when it comes to national security and cloak and dagger stuff, they have oversight supposedly, but can probably bend the limits of the law a lot more. So now we are considering supplanting this leeway given to spies into the criminal justice system proper. That is not wise. - Lots of zombies? Coop-focused? Valve?