Everything posted by Pidesco
-
Bioshock
The System Shocks had resurrection chambers similar to the ones in Bioshock, with a few gameplay balance differences that made a proper alternative to the quick save and load schtick. The differences were that they had to be activated, had a usage cost, and only restored a minimal amount of your health meaning was a free ride, and thus compensating for the advantages a simple resurrection brought. I'd say that the Vita Chambers in Bioshock are basically a broken version of the QBRMs.
-
Bioshock
They've already done that. In SS1 and SS2.
-
Movies you have seen lately
Is that just a joke referencing your silly book thing or is it actually true? I saw The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford the other day. I found it a bit uneven, but still worth watching. When the director is trying to ape Terrence Malick, everything kind of falls apart. However, he pulls off the pivotal scenes quite awesomely. Also the acting is generally top notch by all the cast members.
-
What are you playing now?
Finished FF Vs TTR, today after having it lying around on my hard drive for the longest time. Great fun even if Tombstone is way too overpowered.
-
Antivirus
AVG. Mostly because it's free.
-
Best Fundie Quotes of All Time
Is a fandamentalist like a fanboi?
-
Best Fundie Quotes of All Time
Everyone has beliefs Sand, even you.
-
Tactical, realistic FPS
That's from the guys who did Flashpoint, right? I prefer urban settings, though.
-
Sega and GPG announce Space Siege
Everyone talks about how SS2 with coop is awesome, so I'm not sure that's true.
-
Tactical, realistic FPS
Better AI used to be the point of waiting for new Tactical FPS titles for me. I kept hoping for some tactical game to show with properly good AI. Never happened, unfortunately.
-
Tactical, realistic FPS
Could you elaborate? Also, Google came up with Ground Branch.
-
Tactical, realistic FPS
That's still a rumor, though, and X-Com is usually a strategy game. Also R6 now has health regeneration among other things which make it a game to avoid for me.
-
Tactical, realistic FPS
Yeah, but that came out 2 or 3 years ago. What's new? Ghost Recon was quite realistic, but I heard that when they added the AW, the realism bit was axed. Isn't this true?
-
Tactical, realistic FPS
Now that the Rainbow Six threw the tactical planning map and the realism out the window, are there any FPSs out there, or in development, that follow the original Rainbow Six formula? For those that don't know, this means having the aforementioned tactical map, and an heavy emphasis on realism with accurately modeled weapons, proper damage models, and no healing during missions.
-
What are you playing now?
That's not true, quite a few games have been released as Freeware that used to be commercial titles. Lately some fairly recent games have been released for free download as well, like Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and FarCry (albeit with advertisements built in.) Some games are even re-worked by fans to make them playable on todays systems, like SCUMM and the Sierra adventure games. In fact I'm surprised that more publishers don't release old titles for free download, it would give them a good idea about what properties still have enough interest to warrant a new version. I know. Note the following quote of mine in reply to Xard's questions.
-
What are you playing now?
No. And they won't, unless EA decides to offer SS2 for free.
-
Best Fundie Quotes of All Time
This topic is a bit on the edge, but I think it might work if it is taken towards such questions: "Are people in general, dumb? And if so, is humanity doomed because of it?"
-
What are you playing now?
It's not legal to download commercial games, even if they're no longer available.
-
Best Fundie Quotes of All Time
Some are quite humorous. The gravity one is awesomely funny, and also: "True Christians should only read English." ROFLCOPTER
-
Best Fundie Quotes of All Time
I'm sure it's possible to find equivalently stupid quotes from nonreligious or moderately religious people.
-
What are you playing now?
Tried and failed to play Thief. Apparently the game no longer works with Geforce 7 cards, unless you are willing to roll back the drivers.
-
Bioshock
You can turn off Vita chambers now. Unfortunately, the game is still easy and badly designed.
-
Bioshock
If you know how to use strafe, the wrench should be enough.
-
Famous monster hunters
I wouldn't call Odysseus a monster hunter. While he offs lots of monster like creatures, he doesn't really go on a hunt for them. He just defeats them to survive. Edit: I forgot an obvious one: Gilgamesh.
-
Famous monster hunters
What, Team Rocket?