Everything posted by alanschu
-
What are you playing now....
Haha those games were awesome. I remember trying to jump across a river with lots of rocks in it and always dying
-
If you die and discover there is a God,
it's a transcendental number. there is no "all" to the list of digits. i.e. there are an infinite number of digits. taks <{POST_SNAPBACK}> It'd probably be more appropriate to refer to it as an irrational number. Transcendentals are a subset of irrational numbers, and a characteristic of an irrational number is that it cannot be expressed in rational form (no a/b). If it cannot be expressed in rational form, then it means there is an undefined, non-repeating amount of numbers to the right of the decimal. It's just as impossible to count all the numbers of root(2) as it is Pi, but root(2) is not a transcendental.
-
Oblivion First Impressions
You would be surprised. We have "high process" and "low process" activities, but the difference in terms of AI computation isn't great. I would have to differ to the Oblivion AI squad for a more in-depth analysis of the difference, but you would be surprised at just how much we are doing in the background. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Not knowing anything about the implementation, I'm skeptical as to how necessary it is. At first glance it seems like wasted cycles because the AI will be doing a decent amount of heavy lifting, even though it will never been seen. I hope it's worth it for when the PC comes back to the area. Meh.
-
Oblivion First Impressions
Well - be surprised. Oblivion runs AI updates for *every* NPC across the world. I was wrong on the number (it's 1500) and there's a better post than this one but I'm too tired to find it. Here's Gavin 'kathode' Carter arguing about WoW : <{POST_SNAPBACK}> All that quote really said was that the NPCs in WoW are drones. There is going to be more ticks required for it, but there's no way that they are doing full AI routines for people on the other side of the world.
-
What are you playing now....
I can respect that
-
Oblivion First Impressions
Even a seamless world like the Ultima games didn't have the AIs running for all people in the world at the same time. I'd be very surprised if Oblivion did.
-
Black. White.
And you don't think that there is any underlying racism in what you just said?
-
Oblivion First Impressions
I see. So no game ever is going to feature unlimited draw line aside for those made by Crytek? Is that what i'm being told here? <{POST_SNAPBACK}> No. But you explicitly said you were confused why no one has copied it. If their implementation is what makes it run good, and other people haven't gotten it to run quite so well, then they will lag behind.
-
Oblivion First Impressions
Fine, but what's stopping developers from copying whatever technique Crytek used to eliminate this problem in Far Cry? <{POST_SNAPBACK}> The fact that the code is proprietary?
-
24
I was rolling my eyes because roshan was complaining that what Jack did in the show shouldn't work, but the wiki link (that he provided) explained that that is what you are supposed to do. I'm not going to change it, because I don't know if it is true or not.
-
24
I am thinking the same thing (Red Herring that is).
- 24
-
Black. White.
One of the many socializing agents in society. Family, school, peers, media.
-
Duke Nukem Forever 2
I thought they were just done SOME parts. Like creature models and whatnot, etc. etc. I suppose I could dig out the article to confirm, but it's my birthday...so I'l just say I'm right.
-
If you die and discover there is a God,
I'd probably say something like "Wow, it IS true." Moments before the express elevator to hell comes for me no doubt "
-
Black. White.
Should probably be a space in "atleast" "
-
24
I figured the . But you may be right.
-
24
Meh, CTU has survived a bomb before. I felt kind of bad for the
-
Duke Nukem Forever 2
Well, PC Gamer mentioned they did get to see a build of the game when they were at 3D Realms checking up on Prey.
-
The Ferret Conspiracy
I highly doubt Jefferson sees the light of day. I think it's time to move on.
-
Official Obsidian Battlefield 2 Ranked Server Up!
I got pretty good at shooting beyond the draw distance I had of the helicopter. I could take out that Aircraft Carrier AA gun from the other edge of the carrier no problem :D My first TV guided kill I actually cheered into the mic and annoyed my friend. We were laughing at the awesomeness of it. TV guided missiles are powered by awesomeness, not rocket fuel.
-
Black. White.
I'm not so sure. It has been a while since the last major incident (Rodney King), but the silence could also mean systemic acceptance. I am optimistic that it is getting better though. I'm a bit different in this respect, but I think the fact that as long as people still get upset about a "Black History Month," we should continue to have it.
-
24
I did not see the preview for the next episode. The TV is always off before that comes up as I don't want any spoilers whatsoever. I'm afraid to look under your spoiler tag, as I think it might be about the next episode :D
-
24
Ooooo, the plot thickens. I don't think she did it, but someone used her name!
-
The Cowboys and T.O.
I didn't call him stupid. I said that it was stupid to make them public.