Everything posted by alanschu
-
Silent Hill movie
I thought that both of those were garbage. The ones I enjoyed the most were the Tomb Raider ones, probably because they could have just as easily been done if the games never existed. Sadly enough, there was a long stretch when Mortal Kombat was the best videogame to movie transition. All in all, movies to video games seem to have much better (though definately not guaranteed) success than video games to movies. None of the video games to movies have been particularly "good." As for Silent Hill, it looks like a classic case of a horror movie trailer showing way too much.
-
What are you playing now....
Hmmmm....urge to play Freelancer...rising.
-
Oblivion First Impressions
Those are totally FedEx quests. I mean, you have to go places, and do stuff. Sometimes you have to go over places that you have been before. Complain about the quests being too easy. But they clearly are not FedEx quests. Unless FedEx quests have been expanded to (small spoilers for one quest): Learn about concerns of merchants Talk to merchant in question Follow questionable merchant after hours Learn of secret rendezvous with strange person Follow this strange person Discover the residence of this strange person Wait for person to leave house unattended Break into strange person's house, looking for evidence Upon finding evidence, confront questionable merchant Obtain clues for the strange person's current whereabouts Find strange person, and defend yourself against an ambush Upon defeating the strange person, obtain some final evidence to further clear questionable merchant Return to leader of concerned merchants, and talk with questionable merchant I wish games had more FedEx quests like this. I don't understand the "skill" comment either. FedEx quests aren't always cakewalks either. The quest for the Carsomyr (which is total FedEx... "Go to Place X" "Obtain Item Y" "Return to me") from Firkraag is a difficult quest. I think you're being overly critical of the game, for the sake of just bashing it (perhaps some bitterness since ShadowStrider is involved, since you two are always disagreeing about something).
-
NHL
The Oilers were in the same boat. They finally won a SO win as well. I have mixed feelings, as I like both Joe Thornton and Jaromir Jagr.
-
Pics of your games: Reloaded
That fight was hard! I let Porkchop do most of the heavy lifting.
-
Oblivion First Impressions
Hmmm. Anyone have any problems joining the Mage's Guild? It turns out that one of the markers for the Joining Mage Guild quest didn't go away when I completed the task for the recommendation (in Chorral). Now it seems I can no longer ask the marked NPC about recommendation. Unfortunately, I noticed this looooong after I did that quest.
-
Oblivion First Impressions
Since somebody clearly doesn't know what a FedEx quest is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quest_(gaming)#Fedex_quest
-
Oblivion First Impressions
You run around to all sorts of different places though, which is totally FedEx.
-
Oblivion First Impressions
Hmmm, how do you raise your Mercantile? I figured it was selling and buying goods at aggressive haggle prices, but my Mercantile seems to have stopped at 47. I had improved it at one point...but now nothing. I've probably sold about 10k worth of goods as well
-
Oblivion First Impressions
If all you've been able to find are FedEx quests, then you suck worse at this game than I do. The very first quest I got in the Imperial City was not a FedEx quest.
-
Oblivion First Impressions
You got a mod that prevents you from doing something that you could have easily just never done yourself? Get that sneak skill up, and you'll have no problems pickpocketing people.
-
Pics of your games: Reloaded
Well, I didn't try installing it... Though I have vague memories of trying to reinstall it, and having it ask for a CD key which I could not precure. It is possible that I am confusing it with a different game.
-
Oblivion First Impressions
Hmmm. Maybe I should hold onto a Daedric dagger for emergencies. I have an enchanted weapon at the moment (as well as a glass sword), so it's not a deal breaker. But it is nice to know. In other news, I found another Fence. It was opened up when I became a "cat burglar"
-
Pics of your games: Reloaded
Hmmm...if I could dig this game up again.... " EDIT: I found the CD...but no CD Key. Must be on the manual.
-
Oblivion First Impressions
Daedric swords can hit non-corporeal creatures?
-
NHL
Assuming Calgary holds on the first in the division. 2 point difference between 1st and 3rd!! I have no problems with an Edmonton 3rd - Calgary 6th BOA.....wait....maybe we would rather play on the road
-
Oblivion First Impressions
Well, since ShadowPaladin can provide a good avenue for feedback, I thought I'd point out an interesting "quirk" with the selling system. I understand that the gold value is the maximum trade I can make. It should probably be addressed for multiples though. I couldn't sell 2 items at 90x2=180 gold, because the merchant was only buying 100 gold transactions. However, it had no problems when I sold them separately. IMO it should check the individual sale price, rather than the final sale price.
-
NHL
The Rolonator, knocking back pucks as if he WAS a robot from the future! Excellent game. And yes, I do feel our defense is playing better. I like Matt Greene, and he's really impressed me as a rookie. I like MAB as well, but I'm starting to think his earlier performance was helped out a lot by being Pronger's partner. He still works hard though, so I love that. I think that the tendenitis in the knee might actually be bothering him, but at the same time I think it might just be a convenient way to get a struggling MAB out of the lineup without the fans flipping out.
-
Oblivion First Impressions
No, but it points to some sorta sloppy garbage collection. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I suppose they could use a garbage collector for the end stuff. I suspect they don't during the gameplay, as I find they are too slow (relatively) The Elven Longsword looks really cool, and I'm working on improving my Illusion skill to gain some useful spells such as Chameleon and Invisibility. Thank god for instatravel, as I think Ongar is the only fence (and therefore my sole way of making money).
-
Oblivion First Impressions
Anyone know of any other fences aside from Ongar? As for CTDs, I always seem to get them when I quit the game. Oddly enough, I don't find it to be much of an inconvenience
-
Oblivion First Impressions
I successfully fought and killed a 2 on 1 fight in the arena. As just melee. I haven't even seen this health display you talk about. I'd love to know how much health the enemies have. Quite frankly, to me it seems you're making stuff out to be as bad as humanly possible, to the point where you are starting to make things up, just to slag on the game.
-
Movies You Have Seen Lately
I saw "The Hills Have Eyes." My friends are lucky they are still my friends after taking me to see that for my birthday.
-
NHL
Mad props to the Pisanian one. I like Fernando. One of those excellent role players that every team needs.
-
Oblivion First Impressions
Everyone likes Ninjas. Not that I blame them. They should like ninjas
-
NHL
When he "bashed" the coaching, he also bashed the veterans of the team, including himself.