Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

alanschu

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by alanschu

  1. BBC Reports US owes 9 billion Not including the extra trillion. Your right, its not deficit its debt. I still don't support is his excessive spending, along with everything else he stands for. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> You'll also notice that at no point during Clinton's reign did that bar go down. So he didn't really matter that he was running a surplus. If he couldn't cover the interest, then he wasn't technically running a surplus. You know what else I notice with that graph. Every president since the mid 1960s has put the debt to the highest point ever. Because it has never gone down. Next up, try adjusting those numbers for inflation. To criticize Bush for having the debt the largest its ever been, means you have to criticize every president for the last 65 years.
  2. No. We were kicking ass, and some LSF came in saying "Looks like you could use some help." And we both typed in the "Not really" at the exact same time.
  3. I suspect no. But I am making a NWN2 module
  4. A deficit of 9 trillion dollars? Somehow I find that hard to believe, especially when the CNN just announced that the deficit is $477 billion. I'm assuming you mean debt (an exceptionally important distinction is required between debt and deficit). Well, would Bush really be alone in this? Haven't most presidents in recent years left office with a larger debt than when they started? $9 trillion dollars, and an alleged surplus under Clinton (especially since your use of surplus is meaning lack of debt). You make me laugh. Learn your financial terms before you start to criticize people.
  5. NHL

    alanschu replied to Fionavar's topic in Way Off-Topic
    Yeah, he got beat 5-hole that I'm sure he'd like to get back. The two on one started because Greene lost an edge. Speaking of hitting, Peca is definitely doing it now. He has been very active in the past few games.
  6. Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter is one of the funniest B-Movies I've seen in a long time. Right up there with the Cheerleader Ninjas.
  7. NHL

    alanschu replied to Fionavar's topic in Way Off-Topic
    We lost to three odd man rushes that Minnesota capitalized on. I felt Edmonton carried the play for the most part. EDIT: Sorry about the quadruple post :">
  8. NHL

    alanschu replied to Fionavar's topic in Way Off-Topic
    Not technically, but Theodore winning the Vezina/Hart was likely heavily influenced by his playoff performance.
  9. NHL

    alanschu replied to Fionavar's topic in Way Off-Topic
    I doubt you'd even know who Lundqvist was if he wasn't a Ranger.
  10. NHL

    alanschu replied to Fionavar's topic in Way Off-Topic
    Teemu didn't lead the league, he was tied with Mogilny. Besides they should both retire from pro hockey. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> He still lead the league. No one scored more goals than him.
  11. I didn't mind the mouse flight. IMO they handled it quite well. Oddly enough, it's very similar to the excellent mouse flight of the early Wing Commander games (which were made by the same dude). I disagree with the notion that a space sim needs a joystick to be proper. Never was a problem for me.
  12. NHL

    alanschu replied to Fionavar's topic in Way Off-Topic
    He also has a very real chance of leading the league in goals scored as a rookie, a feat not done since Teemu did it if I remember correctly.
  13. I'm not sure about that GameDad or whatever site. I remember running away from fight near a town, and a good number of civilians were killed. The thing about walking away from the main plot, I find it easy to "deal with" as when I'm in a situation that requires "immediate" results, I don't just leave and come back.
  14. I think I prefer Civ4 more, but I still really enjoy GalCiv 2.
  15. Grrrr, not Agent Pierce. I like him. I felt the last episode was a weee bit too action/dramatic with
  16. I guess the one place where it is really useful is when haggling. You get better deals if their disposition to you is high. I always persuade the merchants.
  17. I just reinstalled Freelancer. It's funny as the game gives me a warning because it does not recognize my video card. Radeon 9800 Pro is total overkill. The game still looks pretty nice. Very colourful! Getting reacquainted with the game. I remember when I had the quad level 10 uber fast firing guns....the level 1s just don't cut it
  18. It is used. But I get the impression I could successfully perform those persuasions with a speechcraft of 5. I guess it just makes it less tedious.
  19. I agree. The only real advantage of the Speechcraft is for further conversations...which aren't really difficult. It'd make more sense if the guy cut things off if you hit a low rating, but I was at 0 for quite some time when I was still learning it. About the only good thing I can see with it is that I took it as a class skill, so (for better or worse because of the scaling) I can level up with it.
  20. I agree with Gromnir. The scaling has left me mixed feelings. If you skip on too many combat skills and level up like crazy, you're going to be in a world of hurt, which is too bad. On the plus side, the difficulty slider makes a signficant difference. Even just a shift makes guys significantly more manageable. Which is good, as it means you can avoid getting permanently stuck. It's bad though, as it really shouldn't be a necessity in the event of a non-combat build. At the same time, I think "balance" can be a little overrated. I actually don't mind the odd area where my higher level guy has little problems, as it helps give the image that my character has become rather strong. Too much of it though, of course, is a bad thing. I was a little surprised though that my lower level character had little problem wiping out a cave of vampires. I suspect a good chunk of the score is for how ambitious of a design it is. The two biggest flaws with the game are the balance system, as well as the main story (though I have only just touched on that). I am genuinely having a ton of fun with this game though. I'm currently playing with the Thieves Guild for the most part, as well as just getting started on the Mages Guild. Some of the Thieves Guild quests have been a ton of fun. It is kind of funny as my current quest had a requirement that I fence like 600 gold worth of goods...and I think I'm at like 2100. The "Independent Thievery" quests require zero effort from me now. As soon as I get it, I've completed it :D It did probably get a few points for hype acknowledgement as well. The freedom of the game is a real joy IMO.
  21. No idea. Suppose it's handy if your in a dark area but my kitty has "blue" vision (night vision in blue) so it's of no particular use generally. Although my game seems to be a lot less dark than the screenshots people have posted here. Could be because I'm playing it on a TV. And the aforementioned invisible things. Although most will cast and then immediately attack anyway. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I think, as people have stated, it has more to do with the way the screenshots are taken and how the gamma is not taken into account. My screen isn't that dark either, and I'm on a standard CRT monitor.
  22. It's just the name of their AI. They could have called it Goomba AI or OMG_I_R0X0R AI.
  23. You guys were correct, I do not need a CD Key. If you're up for playing, let me know. I'll be leaving on Thursday for two weeks though, so don't wait up
  24. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I figured you'd be more upset at him having sex with your wife.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.