Everything posted by alanschu
-
Official Obsidian Battlefield 2 Ranked Server Up!
My friend was a sweet pilot. I remember him doing loops (freaking me out in the passenger seat) in BFV. Flying under bridges, blasting Ride of the Valkyries.
-
Technical woes
I remember I returned an ATI card, and they sent me a note with the card saying that they didn't find any problems with the card, but replaced it just in case. I have always loved their RMA policy, though they no longer have the deposit option
-
The Ferret Conspiracy
Seems unusual. It is late in development which is actually a good thing, though sudden departures of lead designers don't usually indicate good things. Hopefully the departure is because his work is no longer required (as it's all done) and he's just moving on to a different opportunity in his life. I am still concerned with this news though.
-
Duke Nukem Forever 2
Hey, I never said I had high hopes of it being released.
-
The Cowboys and T.O.
I disagree. I do think it's stupid for him to make the criticisms public like he did. You never saw players like Messier tearing strips into teammates....well....he may have in Vancouver....
-
NHL
I have no concern over where the Canucks finish. I prefer to watch Ottawa, Montreal, and Calgary ahead of Vancouver (I guess they can be happy that they're ahead of Toronto). I just hope that the Oilers whoop-ass in the next 3 games to gain some huge momentum.
-
Black. White.
For the record, Meta's advice was spot on.
-
Starforce enforces DRM by instant reboot!
Yup. And the people that like to get the free games downplay it. I love politics! Unfortunately the only people interested in doing a study of the effects of piracy are the companies themselves. As a result, people dismiss the claims...which is too bad because I'm sure they aren't all bogus. I know my roommate has bought more games when the bit torrent site he visited got shut down. He recently found another one, and his purchases have declined. Even of games like Prince of Persia where he purchased (and enjoyed) the one prior. A sample size of one doesn't tell much, so I figure it's a crap shoot as to whether or not his actions are unique. I did do some research on software piracy in my Computers and Society course (which was a surprisingly cool course), but there isn't much variety in the studies. And as long as they are done by the software companies, no one is going to believe them.
-
Duke Nukem Forever 2
I actually hope DNF kicks ass (and is eventually released). If for no other reason than I like good games :D
-
Official Obsidian Battlefield 2 Ranked Server Up!
I'm an excellent pilot, but I cannot aim for ****. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> We should team up. I have mad skills as the gunner. If I have a good pilot, I'm shooting down helicopters with the TV Guided missiles :D
-
Starforce enforces DRM by instant reboot!
I figured that that statement applied to the stuff immediately afterwards. I've seen it first hand, from many people that I know. People have asked me if I could make a copy of a game that I own for them. Since I no longer do stuff like that, it's not atypical for them to go out and buy it themselves. You completely understate the way the Western economy is driven. Is it that hard to believe that if someone wants something, they'll try to get it with the smallest amount of expense to themselves? Especially considering the "download and play" form of piracy is not as common as many think, and rather new with respect to forms of piracy.
-
Starforce enforces DRM by instant reboot!
That's not true.
-
NHL
Yes they totally overworked Kirk MacLean with his 60 game seasons..... He was also the only player to still be considered a rookie after several seasons in the NHL. And once he retired (years later), we never did see him again. I'm sure the 41 games he has played so far has been way too much.
-
Technical woes
Video card is my bet too. I can't imagine that refresh rates would be going haywire as a result of a motherboard failure.
-
NHL
There's always exceptions. Fleury in Pittsburgh is younger than Lundqvist.
-
Movies You Have Seen Lately
I liked Natalie in Garden State.
-
Technical woes
It could also be the video card.
-
PS3 release date
I'm not a PS3 fanboy, if that's what you mean. I have my preference of PC gaming, and don't play consoles too much any more. If anything, my opinion is probably the least biased when comparing two consoles.
-
What are you playing now....
That screaming isn't your computer...it's us!
-
PS3 release date
I am detecting an argument against a fanboy....good luck mkreku.
- NHL
-
PS3 release date
I disagree. Sounds like they are trying something different with the PS3.
-
NHL
I think he has a point. The impressiveness of Jagr's goal is diminished because it was against the Leafs. Heck, might as well be equivalent of a 1, maybe 2 point game.
-
PS3 release date
The PS3 will deal with laggy dialup people the same way the PC did.
-
Movies You Have Seen Lately
Road to Perdition was a great movie IMO.