What are you playing now....

Darque

Resident Evil REmake (Gamecube version)

One of the best Horror games ever made :ermm:

I'm currently on a RE gaming spree :)

Need to hurry too, gotta get done before Shadow Hearts: From the New World is released on the 7th <_<

Still playing Sid Meyer's Pirates!

Just went trough defeating one of the pirates who is tied to the main character's story. Strangely I could've sworn it's the second time I've dealt with the same pirate to get a second part of a map... Hmm.

There's several things I still need to get accostumed to like the continuously changing gameworld; at one point I had taken a city to be under French (whom I inadvertedly sided with in the beginning) dominion and headed there for ship repairs since my reputation with the French enables me to repair ships for free... It had been taken over by Spanish forces and I got stumped. Fortunately there was a French outpost nearby.

I know the game allows me to have a fleet but aside more crew members and a larger storage capacity what are the benefits? I've made a fair living with just raiding other ships, taking them to nearby cities and selling them along with cargo. Does it factor into the total number of units I can use when trying to raid cities and outposts or are these limited by the current flagship? Also, what can I do with land property given to me by nobles?

Still, I'm finding the game to be very fun at this point; although I think I'm noticing some things which lend to repetitiveness (like promotions and courting mayor daughters). But I plan to suck this game dry and not let one single drop go to waste.

post-64-1140740167_thumb.jpg

post-64-1140740226_thumb.jpg

post-64-1140740272_thumb.jpg

Still playing Sid Meyer's Pirates!

Just went trough defeating one of the pirates who is tied to the main character's story. Strangely I could've sworn it's the second time I've dealt with the same pirate to get a second part of a map... Hmm.

There's several things I still need to get accostumed to like the continuously changing gameworld; at one point I had taken a city to be under French (whom I inadvertedly sided with in the beginning) dominion and headed there for ship repairs since my reputation with the French enables me to repair ships for free... It had been taken over by Spanish forces and I got stumped. Fortunately there was a French outpost nearby.

I know the game allows me to have a fleet but aside more crew members and a larger storage capacity what are the benefits? I've made a fair living with just raiding other ships, taking them to nearby cities and selling them along with cargo. Does it factor into the total number of units I can use when trying to raid cities and outposts or are these limited by the current flagship? Also, what can I do with land property given to me by nobles?

Still, I'm finding the game to be very fun at this point; although I think I'm noticing some things which lend to repetitiveness (like promotions and courting mayor daughters). But I plan to suck this game dry and not let one single drop go to waste.

The pirates all look much the same

More cargo space it becomes important when you start taking out cities, espeically when the treasure fleet or the silver train is in town (thats if it's not chaged from the original).

Land adds to your score and determines what status you end up with when you retire. Same goes for family, treasue , ranks , who you marry etc.

Unlikely you will do it in one go. Age catches up with pretty quick and gets worse the older you get.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Diablo 2! Patch is now installed, and it seems the bug that was plaguing my Barbarian character is gone. I also tried out my Paladin to see how the new "blessed hammer" skill works. :lol: Definitely more powerful, though it really shines when you're surrounded by hordes of enemies.

Edited by Mothman

Sadly they do. Same fighting style (apparantly) and even the same name for the villains (not the famous 100-200 years too early pirates, but the dastardly spaniards who kidnapped your family).

More ships allows you more crew members which is quite handy when assaulting major cities.

Unlikely you will do it in one go. Age catches up with pretty quick and gets worse the older you get.

Even at 18 year old, you will suck at dancing. Did I mention that I hate mini games ?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Even at 18 year old, you will suck at dancing. Did I mention that I hate mini games ?

But Pirates is 5? mini games linked together with a seascape. :lol:

I think dancing is easier from the keypad although a gamepad is the easiest of the lot. Compared to fixing the lightining towers in FFX dancing is a piece of cake. Although I'd still get dancing shoes before a sword.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Civ 4, what else?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

This seems to be true although not much troublesome for now... I think the minigames are where the repetition really hurts. I enjoy the novelty of some situations, ie sneaking across town, invading ports, etc., but they seem to eventually boil down to the same in the future. The dancing minigame isn't too bad but it's pretty bad that it has to be done with all the mayor's daughters before we can get anything out of them... Maybe some other minigames like impressing her with swordplay, playing a small role in a theatrical play or even try act as a bard would probably lessen the repetition.

More cargo space it becomes important when you start taking out cities, espeically when the treasure fleet or the silver train is in town (thats if it's not chaged from the original).

I guess that's understandable, but I'm not too keen on controlling a fleet and only using one ship in battle... Does this mean the possibility of epic scale combat is gone? I think I should be able to nominate some seaman into captain of a ship, and have a rudimentary AI system guide him in combat to assist me at the very least.

Land adds to your score and determines what status you end up with when you retire. Same goes for family, treasue , ranks , who you marry etc.

I see. Fair enough.

Just means I'll have to suck it more than once :lol:

I'm currently...

Replaying Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne in hard mode. The Obelisk Tower is KICKING my ass. :lol:

Finishing up Persona 2 - Eternal Punishment... clocking near 100 hours, love this game so much. :)

That's it for now... Planning to tacke Artelier Iris afterwards... Sigh, I wish I had some PC games to look forward to.

This seems to be true although not much troublesome for now... I think the minigames are where the repetition really hurts. I enjoy the novelty of some situations, ie sneaking across town, invading ports, etc., but they seem to eventually boil down to the same in the future. The dancing minigame isn't too bad but it's pretty bad that it has to be done with all the mayor's daughters before we can get anything out of them... Maybe some other minigames like impressing her with swordplay, playing a small role in a theatrical play or even try act as a bard would probably lessen the repetition.

I guess that's understandable, but I'm not too keen on controlling a fleet and only using one ship in battle... Does this mean the possibility of epic scale combat is gone?  I think I should be able to nominate some seaman into captain of a ship, and have a rudimentary AI system guide him in combat to assist me at the very least.

Just means I'll have to suck it more than once :)

Yes , although the original didnt have dancing which made it easier to find a wife. Impressing her with your sword should work :lol:

Thats the thing, although the graphics are updated it's still the same game as it was. The collector pack shipped with the original game too which unless you big into eye candy I still think is better.

Dosnt really matter unless you want a high score at the end. The whole fleet thing is a pain unless you have a specific target then you assemble it , take out the target and then divvy up right after.

I think Seadogs had better fleet mechanics, although the battles are painfully slow compared to Pirates.

Thing is you will be doing the exact same thing as you were doing, although hopefully faster so you can get more of it done. Picking medicine used to help quite a lot, would knock 10 years off your "age" that was the only way I managed to get everyone and find the lost treasure. Once your sword skills start to go your in real trouble.

I'd say just have fun with it and play it as you want.

478327[/snapback]

Civ4.

Just another go, then i'll do a re-run of either Fahrenheit or Planescape: Torment.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Cargo Space is irrelevant for the gold that the silver train and the treasure fleet bring in, even in the original.

Cargo Space is irrelevant for the gold that the silver train and the treasure fleet bring in, even in the original.

I'm talking about the goods not the gold and silver. You get more plunder when they are in town.

478327[/snapback]

The gold that you get demolishes any money you'd make from goods anyways. Besides, the best way to ever get the Treasure Fleet or the Silver Train was always in town, since you could get ALL the ships at the same time. I only ever raided them when they were in town.

I never noticed any difference in goods when the silver train/treasure fleet was in town. Not sure why it would be anyways. Selling the goods would also be a nightmare anyways, as you'd have to go from port to port selling a handful at a time since the merchants rarely had much money on them.

Edited by alanschu